Thai tourism officials hopeful 6 million European travellers will arrive this year

webfact

31 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Flights still very expensive, up 100%,  but the price of oil has come down? Since 40% of the operating cost of an airline is fuel, why haven't the airfares?

I would think the airlines are trying to make up for the shortfall they have had over the past two years?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Flights rising in costs, especially long haul,Thailands hotels gouging every baht they can.... 

let time see.

It was cheaper for our family of 4 to booked a flight to France than Thailand this summer!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Mavideol said:

flights and rooms rising in costs, Europe is cheaper and nearby.... they should lower their "expectations"  555

Travel demand fuels a boom in Asia Pacific — in hotel rates

Hotel rates are at an “all-time high,” Alan Watts, Hilton’s Asia-Pacific president, told “Squawk Box Asia” on Thursday.

Rates in Asia are skyrocketing

It’s more expensive to travel in Southeast Asia, especially in these 4 places (Bali, Bangkok, Phuket and Singapore)

Over 75% of overseas tourism is from South Asia and the region. The country is not reliant on long haul tourists from the US or Europe, it's more of a nice to have to help increase overall numbers but it's not vital..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

My brother in UK was going to visit me this year in Thailand.

He changed his mind.

Two weeks in Thailand + flights he got one month in Florida for the same money.

He will have saved on some of the costs but his daily expenses will be much higher, the US isn't cheap right now and the Pound is weak against USD.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

My brother in UK was going to visit me this year in Thailand.

He changed his mind.

Two weeks in Thailand + flights he got one month in Florida for the same money.

Good for him. Unfortunately,  there are probably many people in the same boat as he and I. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

He will have saved on some of the costs but his daily expenses will be much higher, the US isn't cheap right now and the Pound is weak against USD.

One can still find a decent hotel for less than $100 in Thailand. Good luck finding one in the USA. In a crime infested dump is going to cost $150/day, including all taxes. Flight prices to Bangkok from London will be similar to Florida. 

1 hour ago, Faltu said:

One can still find a decent hotel for less than $100 in Thailand. Good luck finding one in the USA. In a crime infested dump is going to cost $150/day, including all taxes. Flight prices to Bangkok from London will be similar to Florida. 

Who wants to go there anyway 555