Latest on Savannakhet and Ho Chi Minh City

On 3/11/2023 at 2:24 AM, BritTim said:

Already, some have succeeded with out of country applications, but it is certainly risky.

I don't recommend to try that now. I did this once, and succeeded. Without lying or faking anything.

I tried a similar procedure later, and was strictly told I have to stay in the application country during the process. I think there was just some confusion about the rules in the early days of the e-visa system. Also, it was not possible to upload the required travel history. Since the website would only accept single jpg files. This has now been fixed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are there any visa agents in Savannakhet? They used to have some in Vientiane who would do all of the queuing at the embassy for me while I stayed at my hotel, for a 1000 baht fee. I would LOVE to know if there are any in Savannakhet.

I returned from Savannakhet yesterday, Thursday 16 March, and have an update for the MENO. Wednesday morning short line and at 9am opening I was in & out in less than 30 minutes. I handed over all the "required" documents; Copies of my passport, my wife's passport and Thai ID card, copy of her Tabien Baan, copy of the original marriage cert., copy of my updated bank book and a Kor Ror 2 original. She handed back the bankbook copy without looking at it and then said I needed a Copy of the KR 2 not the original. Went across the street and got a copy of the KR 2 and brought it back to her and then gave my 5,000 Baht and got my queue card to pick it up on Thursday afternoon at 2pm. They never asked to see the original marriage cert., Tabien Baan, or bankbook. Went back Thursday got my passport in less than 5 minutes and was on my way.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, teetersb said:

I returned from Savannakhet yesterday, Thursday 16 March, and have an update for the MENO. Wednesday morning short line and at 9am opening I was in & out in less than 30 minutes. I handed over all the "required" documents; Copies of my passport, my wife's passport and Thai ID card, copy of her Tabien Baan, copy of the original marriage cert., copy of my updated bank book and a Kor Ror 2 original. She handed back the bankbook copy without looking at it and then said I needed a Copy of the KR 2 not the original. Went across the street and got a copy of the KR 2 and brought it back to her and then gave my 5,000 Baht and got my queue card to pick it up on Thursday afternoon at 2pm. They never asked to see the original marriage cert., Tabien Baan, or bankbook. Went back Thursday got my passport in less than 5 minutes and was on my way.

It has always been that the most important thing at Sav is showing your original marriage certificates with no KR2, which I thought was strange as the KR2 is up to date proof of still being married. 

Transam, In the past it was that way for me too, with no KR 2 and show the original marriage cert. I'm not sure why the change but at least I had the KR 2 and it was easy to get it copied and only added a few minutes to the process. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, teetersb said:

Transam, In the past it was that way for me too, with no KR 2 and show the original marriage cert. I'm not sure why the change but at least I had the KR 2 and it was easy to get it copied and only added a few minutes to the process. 

I have always taken a KR2, just in case, and they do keep it, I always take a copy of my yellow book too, just in case there is a problem, I would take the kitchen sink too if I thought it may be useful....:stoner:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, transam said:

I have always taken a KR2, just in case, and they do keep it, I always take a copy of my yellow book too, just in case there is a problem, I would take the kitchen sink too if I thought it may be useful....:stoner:

Agreed, I would always take all of those documents and a fresh KR2 + copies.  You never know what an I.O. will want on the day.

I have never been asked for an updated KR2 - not that I can get one now anyway but I believe they are available from any Amphur - you no longer have to go to the one you registered your marriage at???

6 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Agreed, I would always take all of those documents and a fresh KR2 + copies.  You never know what an I.O. will want on the day.

I have never been asked for an updated KR2 - not that I can get one now anyway but I believe they are available from any Amphur - you no longer have to go to the one you registered your marriage at???

Your wife can get it at any amphur...