Stopped by the Thai highway police

banglay

25 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

May I ask, were you wearing a helmet or just the typical, sandals, t-shirt, and shorts?

I think if no helmet the fine would have been bigger ????

• Like 2

Anybody else thinking Thailand needs to stiffen traffic violation penalties for foreigners? Five hundred baht.scarcely serves as a deterrent. Not going to sit in judgment of the OP, but the expression "lead by example" comes to mind, especially when you consider the constant bashing of Thai drivers on this forum.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

And...  are ’sandals, t-shirt and shorts’  typical riding gear at all for any westerner riding a motorcycle capable of highways speeds ??...  

That's all I've ever worn (weather permitting), whether TH or USA.  Besides helmet of course.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

And...  are ’sandals, t-shirt and shorts’  typical riding gear at all for any westerner riding a motorcycle capable of highways speeds ??...  

That's all I've ever worn (weather permitting), whether TH or USA.  Besides helmet of course.

On a ‘real motorcycle’ travelling at highways speeds ?? (120 kmh / often 120kmh+ consistent riding).

(Yes, I know the law is less, but its safer riding at the same speed as the traffic around you).

I’m not talking about pottering around town on a ’step through scooter’, spreading the pins feeling the wind blow yer khakies and cooling yer fuffuss !!! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Here we go. The holier than thou brigade are swiftly out of the blocks.

Yeah, and what has that to do with it? He is driving recklessly, and that is 100% true. Has nothing to do with anything holy. Just take your brigade and go enjoy your Sunday.

45 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

On a ‘real motorcycle’ travelling at highways speeds ?? (120 kmh / often 120kmh+ consistent riding).

(Yes, I know the law is less, but its safer riding at the same speed as the traffic around you).

I’m not talking about pottering around town on a ’step through scooter’, spreading the pins feeling the wind blow yer khakies and cooling yer fuffuss !!! 

Ok, but I actually don´t know what you are talking about at all! The safest thing is if all are driving legally. For that to happen, some people must start and other follow. This is a good start with fining for speeding. The only thing wrong is that it should be a zero more after the 5.

3 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

SHAME on you for going 132 and endangering the lives of people living in Thailand.

What horrible behavior and really makes expats look horrible.

You seem so proud of riding dangerously and "getting away" with your behavior when compared with back home.   Horrible in a million ways, and you will never learn.   

Sparktrader?

4 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, but I actually don´t know what you are talking about at all! The safest thing is if all are driving legally.

But all are not... and thats the issue...  Good luck trying to re-educate the whole of Thailand while sticking to the rules and placing yourself at greater risk....  

4 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

For that to happen, some people must start and other follow. This is a good start with fining for speeding. The only thing wrong is that it should be a zero more after the 5.

Agreed... Good luck with that though.