Stopped by the Thai highway police

banglay

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

On a ‘real motorcycle’ travelling at highways speeds ?? (120 kmh / often 120kmh+ consistent riding).

(Yes, I know the law is less, but its safer riding at the same speed as the traffic around you).

I’m not talking about pottering around town on a ’step through scooter’, spreading the pins feeling the wind blow yer khakies and cooling yer fuffuss !!! 

Yes, driving my 750 & 900cc back in states.  I've maxed out on the Honda Sonic (125)here  more than a few times 100-120k, before realizing, not the best idea.  Got to mature sometime, better late than never.  Wave (125) struggle to and maintaining 100 kph, without sounding like you're pushing it too hard.

Weather permitting, sandals, shorts & t-shirt ????

42 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yeah, and what has that to do with it? He is driving recklessly, and that is 100% true. Has nothing to do with anything holy. Just take your brigade and go enjoy your Sunday.

Recklessly?

So you have seen the video?

Go back under your bridge!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Same experience here, always polite and fear, never experienced any corrupt police on the road or the check points. What we experienced was local checkpoint crossing the border with building materials, and the construction shop had to bribe themselves through and would not deliver to us anymore during covid. So not a personal experience or a bribe we had to pay.  

Edited by Hummin

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:
4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I'm constantly passed by cars here doing 130+ kph, so not exactly ruining the farang image.

Maybe YOU don't think you are.

You argue that he ‘could’ being ruining the ‘farang’ imagine when being passed by car’s at 130+ kmh ?

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

In sandals ???.......       You should donate your balls to the Katana-kaji of Japan , they’ll make the strongest Katana known to mankind !!! 

Actually flip flops or trainers, though usually flip flops, as more than a few times, my laces on trainers got caught up on shifter.  Only started wearing sandals/shower thingys since being here.

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Same experience here, always polite and fear, never experienced any corrupt police on the road or the check points. What we experienced was local checkpoint crossing the border with building materials, and the construction shop had to bride themselves through and would not deliver to us anymore during covid. So not a personal experience or a bride we had to pay.  

I suspect much of the reputation stems from the areas of high tourist footfall, where foreigners are targeted and the Police become over-confident and greedy, making up silly excuses or enforcing innocuous regulations.... that combined with the fact that the they [the BiB] know they can make money by stopping most tourists etc because they don’t have licenses etc... 

Conversely, riding and driving around Bangkok I’m of no more interest to the BiB than any other vehicle. 

Then there are the stories generally from provinces where a foreigner gets blamed for an accident which is not his fault (other vehicle going the wrong way or something similar).... In these examples I suspect the Police were being lazy, looking for the path of least resistance and assuming the foreigner has more money so he can pay etc...  also there is usually no push-back from the foreigner in such circumstances, they just accept the unfair treatment then write about it on here etc 

4 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

4 hours ago, banglay said:

I was clocked at 132kph on my bike

SHAME on you for going 132 and endangering the lives of people living in Thailand.

What horrible behavior and really makes expats look horrible.

You seem so proud of riding dangerously and "getting away" with your behavior when compared with back home.   Horrible in a million ways, and you will never learn.   

'kin hell.  Whose life did he endanger?   No one's, it seems.

Have you ever exceeded a speed limit at any time in your perfect life?

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Actually flip flops or trainers, though usually flip flops, as more than a few times, my laces on trainers got caught up on shifter.  Only started wearing sandals/shower thingys since being here.

When I had a ‘real motorcycle’ I always rode with casual motorcycle boots, with lace covers, to avoid the ’snagging’ issue....  (when going out for a proper ride would fully kit up - mesh jacket & Pants etc).

Now I have just a scooter, I still never go out without trainers, gloves, open face helmet if going locally. 

If hitting a main road (i.e. Petchaburi Rd / Rama IV etc in BKK) road am going to be doing any speed I’ll also put on my Rev’it MC jacket with back protector and full face helmet...  

No gloves and no sandals is a no goer for me... even a slow slip on gravel etc can really stuff up feet and hands... 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

SHAME on you for going 132 and endangering the lives of people living in Thailand.

What horrible behavior and really makes expats look horrible.

You seem so proud of riding dangerously and "getting away" with your behavior when compared with back home.   Horrible in a million ways, and you will never learn.   

Sarcasm Sunday!!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

Umm, he did mention he was on a highway, and 132km is nothing, I got clocked at 220km once, but talked my way out of it, the officer asked me the reason I was speeding, and my reply was that I had no idea that I was speeding because my speedometer was broken :cheesy:

For those who ride motorbikes, only understand what flight mode is.........and of course, never in a built up area.

Motorcycle-wheelie GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Anybody else thinking Thailand needs to stiffen traffic violation penalties for foreigners? Five hundred baht.scarcely serves as a deterrent. Not going to sit in judgment of the OP, but the expression "lead by example" comes to mind, especially when you consider the constant bashing of Thai drivers on this forum.

What would the OP have got if caught doing 82mph in UK?

A few hundred quid and some points ON the licence.

6 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Here we go. The holier than thou brigade are swiftly out of the blocks.

The OP exceeded the speed limit (possibly by 10% if it was the AH1, if the limit was 90 kph on the AH1 then it is ridiculously low limit) and paid his dues. Not sure why you think driving a motorbike at 82 mph is "endangering the lives of people living in Thailand"

You're reacting to sarcasm/Irony...

21 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

You're reacting to sarcasm/Irony...

Use this emoji for such stuff ???? which means ‘being sarcastic’...  

With so many over-reacting miserable boomers on these threads its impossible to know who’s being serious and who isn’t without actually having engaged with and getting to know the specified poster over a period of time... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

With so many over-reacting miserable boomers on these threads its impossible to know who’s being serious and who isn’t without actually having engaged with and getting to know the specified poster over a period of time... 

Pot, kettle. :))

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thanx, I had no idea what that smiley meant...

It wasn't actually my post, I usually write "sarcasm" underneath my posts on this forum, no idea why..

Sarcasm

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

When I had a ‘real motorcycle’ I always rode with casual motorcycle boots, with lace covers, to avoid the ’snagging’ issue....  (when going out for a proper ride would fully kit up - mesh jacket & Pants etc).

Now I have just a scooter, I still never go out without trainers, gloves, open face helmet if going locally. 

If hitting a main road (i.e. Petchaburi Rd / Rama IV etc in BKK) road am going to be doing any speed I’ll also put on my Rev’it MC jacket with back protector and full face helmet...  

No gloves and no sandals is a no goer for me... even a slow slip on gravel etc can really stuff up feet and hands... 

Now that the dog is usually in basket, and I don't want to dry her eyes out, I drive around 50 kph around town, as do most people.   Even when by myself, I rarely hit 70 kph, as never going that far and always through a residential or business area.  Might be on Phetkasem rd/hwy#4 for 500 meter at most, if at all.

Days of being on a scooter, any size for more than 1 hr are way behind me.

5 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nothing is better than winding up the old grumpy expats who probably just finished their 9th beer and have nothing better than do than react to my post.      Let's see if the same clowns fall for this one:

There are TWO separate laws on the books in both England and America, and there is a chance this law-breaking, endangering, (AL Code Sec. 32-5A-190 as an example), could possibly land this person in very serious trouble abroad.  Both consulates and embassies have been notified, CCTV's are being watched, and the police officers in question should be consulted by the necessary diplomats.   There is a kind of reckless behavior that will warrant much, much more investigation.   

So, when a falang crashes into your family going 200 kph, maybe smile and say, "No problem, on the message boards I supported such behavior!!!!!!"

shame on you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahaha.  lighten up Francis. 

We are here in Thailand

• Like 1

Let's go through some LOS facts:

1.  No matter what I post, nobody will change and life goes on.

2.  Congratulatory posts are boring

3.  Over-the-top craziness cures both boredom and gets a reaction from strangers

4.  In person, I would probably tell this guy to prepare a will and I really don't care how he lives his life.

5.  But this is the internet, and I'm a banana

So, yea, I want this guy ARRESTED!!!!  Shamed in-front of the Thai people who he almost killed.  Did he ride through 10 Anuban schools, almost hitting 187 kids????  Probably!!!!  Blood alcohol over 0.4??   Likely.    Will he fail to respond to my petition to send him to the Gulag because he's impaled on the back of a truck?   99% correct.

These dangerous law-breakers need to be stopped!!!  Polluting the air, scaring Thais, and giving all of us (except me) a bad  name for pure "fun" because life must be so boring they are only alive when others are at risk!!!!!!

I just put a tracker on his bike and will be sending every movement to the FBI and MI-6 or James Bond or whatever...

make no mistake, I want him jailed for 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zyphodb said:

Thanx, I had no idea what that smiley meant...

It wasn't actually my post, I usually write "sarcasm" underneath my posts on this forum, no idea why..

Sarcasm

Interesting... ????

6 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nothing is better than winding up the old grumpy expats who probably just finished their 9th beer and have nothing better than do than react to my post.      Let's see if the same clowns fall for this one:

There are TWO separate laws on the books in both England and America, and there is a chance this law-breaking, endangering, (AL Code Sec. 32-5A-190 as an example), could possibly land this person in very serious trouble abroad.  Both consulates and embassies have been notified, CCTV's are being watched, and the police officers in question should be consulted by the necessary diplomats.   There is a kind of reckless behavior that will warrant much, much more investigation.   

So, when a falang crashes into your family going 200 kph, maybe smile and say, "No problem, on the message boards I supported such behavior!!!!!!"

shame on you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahaha.  lighten up Francis. 

So when we going for a drink then?

On 3/12/2023 at 2:40 PM, hotandsticky said:

Recklessly?

So you have seen the video?

Go back under your bridge!

If you are speeding, you are driving recklessly, as it´s not allowed. It´s a danger to others, that might not be same good at handling speed and therefore reckless behavior. See, I peeking out under the bridge