Stopped by the Thai highway police

banglay

On 3/12/2023 at 2:07 PM, richard_smith237 said:

But all are not... and thats the issue...  Good luck trying to re-educate the whole of Thailand while sticking to the rules and placing yourself at greater risk....  

Agreed... Good luck with that though. 

Where did I say that I should make it happen? 

27 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

If you are speeding, you are driving recklessly, as it´s not allowed. It´s a danger to others, that might not be same good at handling speed and therefore reckless behavior. See, I peeking out under the bridge

Rubbish!

26 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Rubbish!

It really depends on the circumstance, if your recklessness/speeding is a danger to anyone.  You may spook someone, but shouldn't really cause an accident.

I had an incident, avoided as the other guy was paying more attention than myself, though it may not have mattered.

Coming off entrance to interstate (95) in USA, on my 900cc minimal traffic and I was already cruising up to speed/speeding, moved to the fast lane,  getting ready to break that land speed record, when a damn Kawi 1100 scared the sh!t out of me, when he blew by ????

I looked and didn't see anyone, as at some speeds you won't see or if not using both eyes, can't judge their speed.    The basstard let me catch up to him, now both doing well over 100kph, and he cracked the throttle & took off again ???????? "buy a real scooter if you want to play with me" ????

Honda 900cc is heavy (600lbs) & built for cruising, minimal size for cruising.  Kawi 1100 is built for performance.  Borrowed my brother's a couple times when back in USA 2003.   What a rocket, and actually too much power for me.   Got to respect it, and know your limitations.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

7 motorway on toll free holidays is great for high speed runs.

Tried to top out my GSXR1000 but my balls not big enough and pulled the pin at 260km/h.

I know what you mean when your in warp speed on Battle Star Galactica.

I had to pull the pin at 220km because the front started wobbling, and that is when I looked at the speedo, unbeknown to me what my speed was prior to that as I was tucked in and going for broke, and when the front started wobbling, is the only time I decided to look at the speedo and said to myself *&%$#@!

• Like 1