Fuji Vs. Zen Restaurant....

Weho

I went to Zen on sunday night with the wife and I have to say I wasn't that impressed, I found Fuji alot better and cheaper. :o

Tried the place today and have to agree.

The sushi was good but I think because of the sheer volume Fuji deals in their sushi is fresher and they have the killer fresh wasbi plus you get a bunch of food items with their set meals.

Osaka does give free Nam Cha tea & does not work you for a 10% service fee. They will alter their menu to suit you when you order a set meal, something Fuji would not do even for a renowned food critic like Weho.

I'm a bit confused--do you mean that Fuji has fresher sushi than Zen or Osaka?

From my experience the sushi at Fuji was not fresh on most occasions. I believe they make it in bulk and keep it refrigerated...yuk!..apart from being way overpriced.

Osaka is not a sushi restaurant, but at least when you order from their limited sushi selection it's made fresh on the spot.

Edited by tropo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to Zen on sunday night with the wife and I have to say I wasn't that impressed, I found Fuji alot better and cheaper. :o

The sushi was good but I think because of the sheer volume Fuji deals in their sushi is fresher and they have the killer fresh wasbi plus you get a bunch of food items with their set meals.

Osaka does give free Nam Cha tea & does not work you for a 10% service fee. They will alter their menu to suit you when you order a set meal, something Fuji would not do even for a renowned food critic like Weho.

I'm a bit confused--do you mean that Fuji has fresher sushi than Zen or Osaka?

My error , meant to compare Osaka with Fuji .

Where is there a Zen in Pattaya?

• 1 year later...

I think both places are excellent, good food and reasonable prices. But if you like to eat lots of sushi, I'll probably recommend you to Zen. From my opionion, the sushi at Zen is better, and if I can recalled, they do served free refilled green tea there (I hope they still do). If you can find Zen, then Fuji is your option. Good luck.

I think both places are excellent, good food and reasonable prices. But if you like to eat lots of sushi, I'll probably recommend you to Zen. From my opionion, the sushi at Zen is better, and if I can recalled, they do served free refilled green tea there (I hope they still do). If you can find Zen, then Fuji is your option. Good luck.

Anyone who regularly dines at Fuji should give Sukishi (next door to Fuji in Central Mall) a go. The sets are identical in price, but taste better and the service is friendlier and more efficient. I've switched over and I now eat at Zen and Sukishi. They also have a better discount card system. You get a stamp for every 300 baht you spend and when you get 10 stamps you get 300 baht off your next meal.

I've had lousy sushi a number of times in Zen and find the sushi in Sukishi more consistent.

...........edited...

The sushi is not very good in any of the Fujis and way overpriced; only the lunch and dinner sets are good value.

Weho, with the cost of a lunch set at Fuji at around 150 baht, why would you expect them to make any changes? That's why they sell most of the items seperate at much higher prices for people like you who are very difficult to please. :)

Guess that is why certain dishes are called "Sets" with an incredible good value for money ratio

- they do have other items on the menu which can be added up or ordered single.

ZEN - has closed down it's operations in the BigC on Samui - no further Comments...

While Fuji in the Tesco/Lotus is still highly popular!

Edited by Samuian

Zen is a million times better than Fuji. i don't care about price when i eat, so take that into consideration. and that i really despise having to eat food. i'm waiting for the food pills from Willy Wonka. ok, anyway, Zen is better, you can close this thread.

It's been asleep for two years.

I have this theory about people who eat raw, mercury-filled fish. Thank goodness I'm not one of them!

There is another Japanese restaurant named something like Shabusushi. The have one in the Tesco on Sukhimvet (sp) and another in the Central Mall 6th floor. I found it Excellent value. It is about 590B for all you can eat... They give you a choice of soup to cook vegetables etc in... either Tom Yum or a clear broth. There are many varieties of sushi, vegetables, tempura, ice cream etc...

My Thai GF loves it too.

I went to Zen on sunday night with the wife and I have to say I wasn't that impressed, I found Fuji alot better and cheaper. :)

have tried both and must say Fuji far superior.

I know this is a 2 year old thread coming back to life (zombie like) but hey, in Pattaya you can always talk about food right?

My 2 satang...Zen, Sukushi, Fuji are all more or less "same same." Zen may be a little higher quality and priced a bit more and the serving girls wear kimonos if that gets you off; Sakushi and Fuji are basically identical with the Japanese food with the addition that Sukushi has Korean too and table hot-pots and barbaque. Basically, I end up eating more at Fuji because they have more outlets so it's more convient...wherever I am, which ever one is closest, that's where I'll eat.

There are too many good " mom & pop " style eateries in Pattaya to bother with the chains who are no doubt owned by BK fat cats, who on the whole pay locals the minimum wage to maximise their BMW lifestyle.

Support you local community.

Good point.

Happy to comply.

Can you please point me to a Mon & Pop establishment that sells reasonably priced, edible Japanese food?

Thanks

:)

There is a Japanese restaurant next to Tuk Com. It's a Not a Mom but a Pop restaurant, albeit a Japanese Pop. Tasty and not expensive.

Thanks

There is another Japanese restaurant named something like Shabusushi. The have one in the Tesco on Sukhimvet (sp) and another in the Central Mall 6th floor. I found it Excellent value. It is about 590B for all you can eat... They give you a choice of soup to cook vegetables etc in... either Tom Yum or a clear broth. There are many varieties of sushi, vegetables, tempura, ice cream etc...

My Thai GF loves it too.

It seems that your Thai girlfriend tricked you into paying her part of the bill. :) That's the price for two.

I guess with a TG you have to factor it in. :D

Get a Dutch girlfriend, you'll never have that problem again.

http://www.oishigroup.com/brand_shabu_brand.html