Putin says Germany remains “occupied”

webfact

30 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Do Russians believe that nonsense?

Some really do, others not so much. If you have some time to kill some day, have a scan through some of the videos on this YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/@survey_headshot/videos/

Pinch of salt as with any of them but quite interesting hearing the opinions of Russians in the street ... even when it's a "not going to answer that question" response while looking around for secret police. Hell of a gap within the age brackets but some surprises too.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Nonsense to you maybe but there lays the mis-understood way of how other cultures think. 

Seems people forget where they are born, and the values for good and bad they heritaged. The same can be asked about our leaders, do we really believe in all that <deleted> and reasoning for all our actions! 

There is a reason why conflicts occures, and not always as black and white as we like to think. 

Logic and feelings does not always mix good

Edited by Hummin
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Seems people forget where they are born, and the values for good and bad they heritaged. The same can be asked about our leaders, de we really believe in all that <deleted> and reasoning for all our actions! 

There is a reason why conflicts occure, and not always as black and white as we like to think. 

Sad world.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I heard plenty of Germans consider their country to be occupied and have done for a very long time.

Occupied by immigrants I have heard from several german expats living in Thailand. They are called racists

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Germans I've met never mention it, not even on the radar

So what? I know a German who told me his home country is occupied, I was surprised as I'd never heard of this theory before but he went into quite some detail about it.

It wasn't recent either, like 5 or 6 years ago so it's nothing new.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I heard plenty of Germans consider their country to be occupied and have done for a very long time.

Probably true in those early years after WW2 but not after a partial withdrawal of the US Forces in the 1950s. Subsequently Germany requested and pay for the presence of military personnels. The word occupation has since ended. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Actually no, it's the foreign militaries which have bases and 'consulates' all over Germany which are considered to be the occupying forces.

Called Nato and Usa? Which we alm are part of, and share same interest. Germany have gone against Usa will when making themselves vulnerable to russian energy! Their mistake they have to pay for, and also rest of europe paying higher prices. Allies do not occupies any country, they are there for support. The feeling is different from the reality, since we all need allies to continue our growt and keep the war outside our regions

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Really? And who was occupying East Germany until the Berlin Wall in 1989 fell and East Germany collapsed in 1990?

I have no idea, who was it ?

East Germany began to function as an independent state in 1949 and gained sovereignty (from Russia)  in 1955 .

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Why is this abhorrent person is still allowed to continue living that is what i don't

understand.

no one has the bals to take him down as he has  henchmen and opposition gets bumped off in numbers

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Occupied in that sense , by the American army 

Cannon fodder to die so that America can come in force to avenge their deaths. It would be near impossible to get American military back in Europe if no American deaths. The USA citizens just wouldn't fall for a 3rd trip over there without a lot of American casualties first.

• Haha 1