I repair computers and phones for free for friends, is that a problem?

On 3/16/2023 at 1:19 AM, Chicksaw said:

Zero risk. As long as you are not in a public space. Example of getting into trouble is working visibly in a Thai partner's business (think bussing tables in a restaurant). Doing favors for friends in the privacy of your home? No problem.

Ignore those who try to scare you. They are ignorant or jealous or both.

Btw, could you pm me your number as I often get into trouble with my computer. I promise I won't pay you so there can be no trouble that way:-)

ditto
im in Pattaya.

18 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I can only warn everyone. Many years ago I lived in Patong / Phuket for more than a year. Then I moved to the lovely family resort Pattaya because I needed better access to international flights.

At this Patong time I heard a lot from the bar scene. Farang bar owners couldn't even empty the ashtrays because the Thai competition watched and reported them. Farang bar owners have been photographed and reported by their own girlfriend or even wife when they for instance carried crates of beer to the bar or were doing other work, and endless other stories. Most of such farangs were deported afterwards. Some happy girlfriends and wives were left behind with the bar and other things... 

I was told that by a restaurant owner in Pattaya. He had no reason to lie.

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was told that by a restaurant owner in Pattaya. He had no reason to lie.

Yeah well if you live with the lowest of lowest + do business in hospitality and tourism, it does not even matter anymore if you work illegal or not, anything you do would be looked at and used against you when the day comes they are tired of you.

That is not comparable to normal life or doing some small things as the OP and others describe at all, I think it's complete nonsense to even be worried about stuff like this. Would not even worry a second to fix phones or computers for friends, I help them too.

Imagine if you lived like, some people here always claim, with all that is illegal and wrong, and not possible, life would be very simple dull and limited anywhere on earth.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

On 3/18/2023 at 7:18 PM, Mickeymaus said:

I can only warn everyone. Many years ago I lived in Patong / Phuket for more than a year. Then I moved to the lovely family resort Pattaya because I needed better access to international flights.

At this Patong time I heard a lot from the bar scene. Farang bar owners couldn't even empty the ashtrays because the Thai competition watched and reported them. Farang bar owners have been photographed and reported by their own girlfriend or even wife when they for instance carried crates of beer to the bar or were doing other work, and endless other stories. Most of such farangs were deported afterwards. Some happy girlfriends and wives were left behind with the bar and other things... 

This was before covid,my mate is Thai and has a large photo of the second top cop on the wall,in the past his uncle was prime Minister and other was head of the bank of Thailand.father minister of science and education this was unknown to immigration cops as they had just completed a raid on the hotel over the road or soi and we're more interested in lunch. He even had me out jack hammering a blocked pipe in the middle of the road once never got a complaint.