The beauty of using an agent.

6 minutes ago, proton said:

Anti corruption

so go and do something about it if you're that concerned about corruption. maybe start with the out of control fires and the unsupervised emissions generated by Thai industry. or the wage disparity. you need directions to government house?

19 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

Actually some of us who are not rich (myself for one) and have to work and have children must use an agent so we don't need to take children out of school. I have an agent do the paperwork and meet me at immigration for an appointment to get a photo.. In and out in a few minutes instead of hours and taking time off from work. I save money and headaches by using a good reliable agent.

I do 90 day reports myself online as it is fast and easy.

If you work, does your employer not take care of your visa? Mine always did. but I have to do it myself since I retired. 

I don't see anything wrong with people using an agent. 

• Like 2

It is about time that discussions about agents should be split into two clearly defined categories;

1)  LEGIT; to assist those who meet all the legal requirements that your particular IO wants that day.

2) ILLEGIT; To assist those who do NOT meet all the legal requirements that your particular IO wants that day. by way of brown envelopes.

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 2

Not much beauty in forking ou

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

so go and do something about it if you're that concerned about corruption. maybe start with the out of control fires and the unsupervised emissions generated by Thai industry. or the wage disparity. you need directions to government house?

I do, by refusing to fork out 14k for a corrupt extension when it only costs me 1.900 baht to get one legally.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

(myself for one) and have to work

34 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

In and out in a few minutes instead of hours and taking time off from work.

You don't have a work permit and then a working visa based on that? 

Are you getting extensions based on your Thai family and working illegally without a work permit? 

11 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

It is about time that discussions about agents should be split into two clearly defined categories;

1)  LEGIT; to assist those who meet all the legal requirements that your particular IO wants that day.

2) ILLEGIT; To assist those who do NOT meet all the legal requirements that your particular IO wants that day. by way of brown envelopes.

Is there not a brown envelope exchange on the LEGIT visa?

I just assumed the price is so high for the LEGIT visa because of a brown envelope. Is the fee someone pays not split between the agent and the IO?  I assumed that the envelope was just larger in the cases where someone didn't meet the requirements.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 3:12 PM, JeffersLos said:

Signed copies aren't even needed this year.

PDF scans of all documents are all that's required.

Passport collected from our condo.

90 day reports done, with the slip mailed to us (free optional service, can do it ourselves if we wanted to).

The only thing we need to do is scan the documents on our home printer/scanner, and can use the same scanned PDF files again next year.

How good is that? ????

And people actually go to an immigration office? ????????????

This 100% illegal and I don't know how this post is allowed to stay.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

http://web.krisdika.go.th/data/outsitedata/outsite21/file/Immigration_Act_B.E._2522.pdf

Immigration Act 2522

Give us the section and chapter number of which Thai law is being broken.

Page 38

Rate of fees, working fees, and other expenses

(3) Application for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom under Section 35, per person, each time  --- 2,000 baht

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

How much do you pay for 'paper assistance'?

7,500bht does the extension and 90days (cannot do 90 day online as I have a new passport and not left the country).  10 minutes max/year at IO to get photo taken.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, biervoormij said:

Is there not a brown envelope exchange on the LEGIT visa?

No. 

The IO's love legit agent submissions as all the paperwork checking etc has been done for them and they can process a number of applications in the same time as it takes them to process one standard walk in application.

8 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

which Thai law is being broken.

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Page 38

Rate of fees, working fees, and other expenses

(3) Application for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom under Section 35, per person, each time  --- 2,000 baht

No rate of fees, working fees and other expenses law is being broken. 

20 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

No rate of fees, working fees and other expenses law is being broken. 

From Section 35:

Each application of an alien for extension of temporary stay shall be made in the form and with payment of fees as prescribed in the Ministerial Regulations.

27 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

From Section 35:

Each application of an alien for extension of temporary stay shall be made in the form and with payment of fees as prescribed in the Ministerial Regulations.

The fees were paid. ????

Zero, absolutely zero, laws broken. ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

The law disagrees with you. ????

How much do you pay for this service? 

I expect around 10, 000 baht is going unreported to the IO. This is called a bribe and is to bypass some requirements. 

Do you think bribing police is not breaking any law? 

11 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

You don't have a work permit and then a working visa based on that? 

Are you getting extensions based on your Thai family and working illegally without a work permit? 

I have a valid work permit good for two years at time normally.

My Thai visa is based on marriage again legal and valid.

I would never consider an illegal visa - but from your question it seems to be an option for you?

18 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I think the law is pretty plain as to how much Immigration can receive for a Section 35 extension.

The price is listed, and was paid.

No.

Law.

Broken.

If less than the listed price was paid, then yes. 

Basic Law 101.

18 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

How much do you pay for this service? 

I expect around 10, 000 baht is going unreported to the IO. This is called a bribe and is to bypass some requirements. 

Do you think bribing police is not breaking any law? 

Nothing but conjecture on your part.

If you cannot list the imaginary law that you say has been broken, just admit that you were lying and/or trolling. ????

List the law, that you say has been broken. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

The price is listed, and was paid.

No.

Law.

Broken.

If less than the listed price was paid, then yes. 

Basic Law 101.

Nothing but conjecture on your part.

If you cannot list the imaginary law that you say has been broken, just admit that you were lying and/or trolling. ????

List the law, that you say has been broken. 

Its called bribery to help meet requirements that one does not. If you meet the requirements then Bob's your Uncle and using an agent is fine.

• Like 1