The beauty of using an agent.

10 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I don't mind going down there, coffee, then lunch sometimes. 

I would rather go to CW immigration than the DMV in California. 

Even with an appointment at DMV its a pure pain in the rear, where here with an appointment at CW it was low stress and fairly quick.  Glad I can still renew my California Driver License by using the DMV website. Just did it last December and the license mailed to my address in the US, and then forwarded to here where it arrived less than 6 weeks after I did the on-line renewal......so the DMV in California does make it easy...

• Like 2

Not the same for me.  No contact details.  Just a line ID the woman reads it but doesn't reply.  If you phone them you just get ''yes yes yes who are you yes okay'' nothing happens after that.

I got a few calls in the middle of the day ''be at immigration by 2pm go now!''

I always had to sit with them.  Staring at the floor for 3 hours then they drop me back off at the school.

Never sent me a copy of the contract.

The woman forgot about a previous call and sent me an angry message ''Stop wasting everyone's time.''  Generally quite rude and lazy staff all round.

The quality certainly varies from person to person.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Even with an appointment at DMV its a pure pain in the rear, where here with an appointment at CW it was low stress and fairly quick.  Glad I can still renew my California Driver License by using the DMV website. Just did it last December and the license mailed to my address in the US, and then forwarded to here where it arrived less than 6 weeks after I did the on-line renewal......so the DMV in California does make it easy...

I had been doing the online thing, but my last renewal was supposed to be have to be in person as I was over 60 or whatnot. But because of covid, I never actually had to go I got to renew online again, but it ended up a GF anyway and I had to call a half-dozen times to get it done. 

Next time we go I have to try to get my boy his first CA license, that should be fun...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

I don't have a habit of giving anyone my passport.

The deal you signed with your country was to keep your passport with you at all times. 

A few reports here of agents losing the passport.

So when you make a police report about your "lost" passport and give it to your embassy they have every right to refuse issuing you a new one.

But as they say.... up to you.

Some Consulates keep your passport overnight....????

2 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

The only thing we need to do is scan the documents on our home printer/scanner, and can use the same scanned PDF files again next year.

So you still have to get the required documents from the bank or wherever.

But how can you use those for next year?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

When I go for my annual statements to Bangkok Bank, they need/want a copy of my passport signed by me in front of them.

It's only once a year so why not do it yourself, unless of course, you don't have the funds or transfers needed. Or the time to do it, ie can't be 4rsed.

I do it myself, just saying, were I rich I'd likely have staff to do it. 

• Love It 1

55 minutes ago, OJAS said:

In this connection the following thread illustrates perfectly the downsides to using an agent IMHO:-

I've been here since the start of 2022 on an agent-assisted non-O and two subsequent extensions. The Full Monty not hand-holding.

Agent is Pattaya-based. I moved from staying in hotels in Patts & Bangkik to renting a condo in Bangkok. Condo office did TM30 online. I paid a Bangkok-based 1K baht to do my first TM47 at CW, including pick-up and drop-off of passport at my condo. Went without a hitch.

Subsequent TM47s have been done online. I changed condos a few weeks ago just before my latest TM47 was due. Condo office did new TM30 online, I waited 4 days then submitted the TM47 visa the extranet. Approved same day. Simples.

Agent has confirmed that they don't update my address as part of the renewal process so I'm not expecting any issues at the end of May when my next TM47 is due.

So, no downside at all. 

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

If ever I get to the point where it appears I might enjoy having a day at Immigration, kill me, don't ask questions or wait, just do it.

When you say "might enjoy" are we talking 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 percent?

• Sad 1