Teen pregnancy in Thailand decreasing, but the issue remains complicated

snoop1130

C0E320AC-69FD-489B-973D-2C839FA9E6DB.png

Maneerat got pregnant with her first child when she was only 17. As a result, she did not complete her education and was pushed into adulthood when she was not ready.

Her unplanned pregnancy has changed her life forever. Looking back, there was also mounting pressure that pushed her to this turning point.

“It was like when you’re squeezing something too hard, it trickles through your fingers. Can you imagine? I was just like that.”

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/teen-pregnancy-in-thailand-decreasing-but-the-issue-remains-complicated/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-03-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“It was like when you’re squeezing something too hard, it trickles through your fingers. Can you imagine? I was just like that.”

If it remained at that point you would have been fine... 

nuff said.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, scorecard said:

My granddaughters high school has been doing a lot more work to give teens realistic practcal valuable information with good diagrams and with good focus on how/when pregnancy occurs. 

Talks for girls - F presenter), for boys - M presenter and mixed groups - M&F presenters. All mid/ late twenties, young doctors, med. students and snr. nurses. No eachers from the school.

Granddaughter has menioned, less than 1 minute into the talk 'any questions', and presenter carefuly approaches a student and says 'I think you have a question, what's on your mind? etc., to get the students thinking and talking. In one mixed lesson mixed stduents M&F 2 presenters M&F showed rhe correct way to use a condon.

Three lessons, same presenters talked about:

-Costs/issues/problems of students having babies.

-Boys must provide help, they are equally responsible to tke care of the baby etc.  

-Where to find help and advice. Talking to parents.

-For both boys and girls 'How to say NO'

-Human respect etc. 

Teach the girls about ovulation day... and the boys to respect it when girls say it's the wrong time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1