Donald Trump says he expects to be arrested on Tuesday

Social Media

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

The quote has already stated that and its not an opinion piece as you claimed. You obviously haven't read it. Why claim its an opinion piece from the author

"48 current and former Trump workers interviewed by The Washington Post"

Yes, that 48 current and former Trump workers were interviewed by The Washington Post is likely a fact.

35 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Free schools, medical housing assistance and any number of other benefits make it pretty attractive.  Beig poor in the US is way better than being poor in most places. 

Really? I'm 65 years old and my mistrust of the government is fairly new. 

Being poor and a U.S. citizen may be way better than being poor in most places. But being poor and an undocumented alien? How much guff does it take to stuff a right winger before they say "enough". They still need to make money to eat. They can't get by without earning anything.

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Via the justice system. How else?

Well, I don't know. You have a construction company that has thirty crews working with about 60 full time employees and 900 1099s, two of the 1099s on one crew hired by one foreman are illegals, does the foreman go to jail? The supervisor? The owner? The HR manager? All of them? 

And for how long? 

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Well, I don't know. You have a construction company that has thirty crews working with about 60 full time employees and 900 1099s, two of the 1099s on one crew hired by one foreman are illegals, does the foreman go to jail? The supervisor? The owner? The HR manager? All of them? 

And for how long? 

They all go to jail. Let's say a minimum of 2 years for up to 5 workers. 4 years for 5-10 workers. 10 years for any number above that. After all, as right wingers tell us, America is under invasion. People who know or should have knows that the workers they hired were undocumented, are traitors and should be imprisoned.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Universal is universal. Everyone.

Okay, we agree that the E-Verify should be mandated for all employees regardless of years of service, and any employee in the country illegally should be terminated.

Deported as well? 

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

They all go to jail. Let's say a minimum of 2 years for up to 5 workers. 4 years for 5-10 workers. 10 years for any number above that. After all, as right wingers tell us, America is under invasion. People who know or should have knows that the workers they hired were undocumented, are traitors and should be imprisoned.

Okay, I'm with you. 

Okay, we agree that the E-Verify should be mandated for all employees regardless of years of service, and any employee in the country illegally should be terminated.

Deported as well? 

Yes. But of course, if it became law, there wouldn't be a lot of people to deport. And there would be a lot more permissions granted to aliens to work in the USA.

16 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Being poor and a U.S. citizen may be way better than being poor in most places. But being poor and an undocumented alien?

Free schools, medical, housing assistance and any number of other benefits make it pretty attractive. 

Edited by Yellowtail

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Yes. But of course, if it became law, there wouldn't be a lot of people to deport. And there would be a lot more permissions granted to aliens to work in the USA.

So as soon as the law passed they would all leave? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So as soon as the law passed they would all leave? 

Well, they would have no work. But I suspect that since it would be a disaster for the American economy if they were all to leave at once, then a way will be found to avoid committing economic suicide. Like a grace period to legalize workers. In other words an honest acknowledgement of what undocumented aliens actually contribute to the American economy.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Free schools, medical, housing assistance and any number of other benefits make it pretty attractive. 

Misleadingly editing my quote much? Here is what you left out:

"How much guff does it take to stuff a right winger before they say "enough". They still need to make money to eat. They can't get by without earning anything.

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Misleadingly editing my quote much? Here is what you left out:

"How much guff does it take to stuff a right winger before they say "enough". They still need to make money to eat. They can't get by without earning anything.

Were you not misleading when you implied my use of "poor in the US" meant poor US citizens? They generally get the same free school, medical and food programs everyone else gets. Here was the post: 

post.jpg.dd7b1b00df04b294249bd89d3fd76952.jpg

15 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, they would have no work. But I suspect that since it would be a disaster for the American economy if they were all to leave at once, then a way will be found to avoid committing economic suicide. Like a grace period to legalize workers. In other words an honest acknowledgement of what undocumented aliens actually contribute to the American economy.

I think 36 months to get them all deported starting with the ones with the least seniority first. They can apply for a work visa in their home county three months after they're deported. 

Of course, anyone not working can be deported right away yes? 

I think 36 months to get them all deported starting with the ones with the least seniority first. They can apply for a work visa in their home county three months after they're deported. 

Of course, anyone not working can be deported right away yes? 

Well, you may be eager for the United States to commit massive economic self-harm, but I doubt reasonably rational people would agree with you. 

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Were you not misleading when you implied my use of "poor in the US" meant poor US citizens? They generally get the same free school, medical and food programs everyone else gets. Here was the post: 

post.jpg.dd7b1b00df04b294249bd89d3fd76952.jpg

Do they generally get the same benefits?

https://www.nilc.org/issues/economic-support/overview-immeligfedprograms/

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, you may be eager for the United States to commit massive economic self-harm, but I doubt reasonably rational people would agree with you. 

Which part? Every month you deport about three percent, and (after three months) about three percent could apply for a work visa. Why is that so radial? 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Which part? Every month you deport about three percent, and (after three months) about three percent could apply for a work visa. Why is that so radial? 

I'm not going to further indulge you in crafting pretend legislation. Though I may go on for a bit further if you share with us the evidence that General Milley used "contemptuous words against the President."

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Per that link, many/most do qualify. Certainly everyone that we release into the country qualifies. But this just covers Federal benefits, state and local benefits are completely different. 

Going to be quite a show in NYC on Tuesday.  A redneck rampage is being promised, and won't those good ol' patriots be intimidated when the "urban types" show up to confront them. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, placeholder said:

Golly gee they will just have to. Even if it means paralysing the U.S. economy.  Why didn't they think of that before? Such a great plan. , We'll call it the "Have To Plan That In No Way Resembles Wishful Thinking"

The US economy is entering early-stage paralysis already, thanks to your exalted leaders.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, ozimoron said:

You admit most of it doesn't even come across the border. You are you suggesting this isn't all about immigrants?

From this I can only own up to the fact that you are trying to put words in my mouth. Again.

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

The US economy has been surging so fast that it has been difficult to slow down.  Raising interest rates from their unprecedented low levels to slow down the economy may cause a recession, but recessions happen, they are not the end of the world. 

There have been four recessions under Republican Presidents since 1980, including a near depression under Bush Jr.  There have been two under Democratic Presidents.  The economy recovered every time, though it was a close call with Bush's economic meltdown.  Thankfully Obama brought us out of it.

Dreamer.  Interest rates have finally been raised to try to slow the highest inflation in more than 40 years. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Dreamer.  Interest rates have finally been raised to try to slow the highest inflation in more than 40 years.

That's the standard approach.  Why do you bring it up?  It doesn't refute anything I posted.  Also, it's working:  https://aseannow.com/topic/1291146-key-inflation-measures-are-falling-at-their-fastest-pace-in-40-years/