How are the Russians paying for it all?

Most. if not all Russians would have converted their Money a very long time ago when the Troops were massing on the Border of Ukraine.

Much of  the Money would have been converted into Gold and also the $, and then transferred to Thailand, where " Facilitators " would hold it for a fee

On 3/20/2023 at 8:14 AM, Danderman123 said:

I can speak Russian.

There are very few single Russian ladies in Pattaya, for very obvious reasons.

At any rate, I don't talk to Russians now.

Why?  should we not talk to Americans over the lies anent Iraq? 

• Confused 1

On 3/20/2023 at 5:25 PM, KhaoYai said:

Why slag off people who choose to live out their days in the sun rather than the cold and rain back home?

'Broke', 'Eeking out'??  Many of them weren't wealthy in the first place so what?  Their savings, meagre or otherwise and pension will still go much further in Thailand than it will in the UK.

Hat's off to them I say, I know where I'd rather be if I didn't have any money.

So do I, and that's even with the unelected PM and his soldier boys in charge.

Edited by NoshowJones

On 3/21/2023 at 10:04 AM, scubascuba3 said:

There are farang who seem to be in favour of the Ukraine invasion also, you know, conspiracy theory types

There is never an excuse for any country invading another country against the will of that country's people, if it is true that 70% of westerners say that the Russians were right about the invasion of The Ukraine, then what can I say?

• Confused 2

On 3/19/2023 at 1:43 PM, Jenkins9039 said:

Brits can be described as 1 pound poms (they are all broke), there is still some wealth in Northern Europeans (50+) below that they are <deleted> also.

Russian's are ok (middle/upper class) it's the gangs you need to worry about.

Speak for yourself, I'm a Pom ( and proud of it ) far from broke and could probably buy and sell you 10 times over.

• Love It 2

On 3/19/2023 at 2:23 PM, Jenkins9039 said:

How are they paying for it all with Swift, Visa, Mastercard etc gone... How are they getting the money into the country to this degree?

Don't they have their own credit card system now? (Read that somewhere.) Also, there's UnionPay...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

" 70% of westerners say that the Russians were right about the invasion of The Ukraine,".

Where did that comment come from, any link or whatever?  Any support for that statement/

You mean you have not read here on this forum? I don't believe it though.

13 minutes ago, scorecard said:

" 70% of westerners say that the Russians were right about the invasion of The Ukraine,".

Where did that comment come from, any link or whatever?  Any support for that statement/

Of course not.

Tha

H

19 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Don't they have their own credit card system now? (Read that somewhere.) Also, there's UnionPay...

Saw on one of the financial YouTube channels recently that the BRICS nations + others, including Thailand and Saudi Arabia I think, are adopting a new payment system as an alternative to SWIFT. That should keep funds flowing.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

siberians are ending up dead in large numbers ,moscowvites are fleeing to everywhere they can  to avoid dog meat status

this is true, Putin is hiring soldiers in the wild areas without Internet connection so people living there get information only from the TV, and on the TV Russia has almost won the war already, just one small easy task remains - to lure the clown crackhead Zelenskiy from his bunker.

go get Zelenskiy and earn $5k/mo, easy peasy, many siberians are happy to join the forces.

and when they realize it is too late. at least their families get some money in return.

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/20/2023 at 5:25 PM, KhaoYai said:

Why slag off people who choose to live out their days in the sun rather than the cold and rain back home?

'Broke', 'Eeking out'??  Many of them weren't wealthy in the first place so what?  Their savings, meagre or otherwise and pension will still go much further in Thailand than it will in the UK.

Hat's off to them I say, I know where I'd rather be if I didn't have any money.

I agree with what you say but man do they whinge and bitch

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, alex8912 said:

you and the wife are going back to do her in

Don't follow you with this one. My 74 year old mom is in need of help at her age, eyesight going, trouble walking, and will now be getting back her son and a loving Thai woman to help take care of her. Around the house, as well as with income, with I in teaching, and the wife in hospitality.

Much better than the typical American way, which is to stick them in a rest home and forget about them. Much better than the typical AseanNow way, which is to burn all their bridges, and for some reason feel proud about doing so.

Still have my grandparents' house in my home state as rental property. Mom bought the midwestern house before the exodus at around $120k, going for $600k now.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 3:55 PM, ChipButty said:

I suspect they got their money out long before the invasion, I know of one Russian about to pay 22 million for a property, Then I saw this morning that 40% of condo's in Phuket are owned by Russians how true that is I dont know,

i heard that out of all nationalities of farangs buying condos, the Russians equated to 40% of that number.

20 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

That depends on your definition of a brothel!

From the OED;

brothel 
 "a house where men visit prostitutes. 

ORIGIN
    C16: from Middle English brothel 'worthless man, prostitute'.

If you replace "house" with "establishment" or similar then I would say there are quite a large number of them around!

If it wasn't off topic I would continue this discussion, but I'll leave you with the, to you surprising, information that not all bar girls in Pattaya are prostitutes- some only do it for drinks and wages, and none have to go with a customer- they are mistresses of their own choices.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If it wasn't off topic I would continue this discussion, but I'll leave you with the, to you surprising, information that not all bar girls in Pattaya are prostitutes- some only do it for drinks and wages, and none have to go with a customer- they are mistresses of their own choices.

A statement of the obvious to most of us non sex pests.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A few years ago there were unbarfineable girs in Sapphire but i haven't heard that mentioned lately

• Like 1

I don't want to spend 30 minutes on that video. Did this guy answer why gayropean sanctions target usual russian people, not Putin's friends, and why does gayrope still sponsor the war by buying russian oil and gas?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/19/2023 at 7:56 PM, steven100 said:

yes ... I was being a bit facetious ...   haha    they are draft dodgers, deserters, murders or mafia .....  that's about it

They might be Russians who want no part in a war against their cousins in Ukraine.

I spoke to two young Russian guys in a baht bus coming back from the music festival in Koh Larn last week. They told me that they were fleeing the draft and did border runs every 6 weeks. They said they were allowed ten border runs. One showed me a photo of the minibus which the driver smashed up when he ran off the road on their last run. Both spoke good English and one said he was an engineer so both definitely muscovites. 

• Like 2