Bank Account Before Retirement Visa

53 minutes ago, Dan O said:

I just did give you recent reports

I was not referring to tales from friends.

I mean recent posted reports on AseanNow re opening bank account with visa exempt entry. 

Excluding anything to do with purchase of insurance 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Still better you post  recent reports of ease of opening a bank account Bangkok or elsewhere without certificate of residence or embassy letter.

Not stating that's it's impossible (especially with insurance option) 

Just a factual report would be nice. 

And less of your misinformation would be more helpful!

As usual you are deflecting by asking for the impossible!

How can anyone provide a "factual report" of opening a bank account without disclosing information that MUST NOT be posted in public forums.

Please provide a "Pro Forma" of the "factual report" that would satisfy you and a Judge!

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

And less of your misinformation would be more helpful!

As usual you are deflecting by asking for the impossible!

How can anyone provide a "factual report" of opening a bank account without disclosing information that MUST NOT be posted in public forums.

Please provide a "Pro Forma" of the "factual report" that would satisfy you and a Judge!

It's very simple.

Example links to threads that I posted above a certificate of residence or embassy letter was required.

It does not require personal information. It requires first hand account of recent process of opening bank account and the documents that were required.

Simple. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It requires first hand account of recent process of opening bank account and the documents that were required.

Catch 22!

How can anyone provide first hand account information about a 3rd party opening an account?

Edited by scottiejohn

9 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Catch 22!

How can anyone provide first hand account information about a 3rd party opening an account?

What. 

A first hand account is where someone starts a thread regarding their person experience at opening a bank account and then helps AseanNow by posting their experience.

Often in those threads folk post their own experience. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What. 

A first hand account is where someone starts a thread regarding their person experience at opening a bank account and then helps AseanNow by posting their experience.

Hmmm you talk from both sides of you mouth. I gave you that but its opposite your ideas so you post your arrogant snide quips claim otherwise to me. Pick a side or position and stop flip flopping

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Dan O said:

And that's what I gave you, first hand experience. I also post 1 thread from AN and there are more 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1262876-can-you-open-a-bank-account-as-a-tourist/

https://aseannow.com/topic/1240378-where-to-open-thai-bank-account-in-bangkok/

https://aseannow.com/topic/1276859-opening-a-bank-account-with-tourist-visa/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

What. 

Of course another person

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What. 

There is no point in going round in circles with you while you seem to have your own agenda which directs people towards agents to open bank accounts!

I wonder why?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The very first step is to open bank account. 

That is not simple on visa exempt entry. 

But not as impossible as you imply, especially outside Bangkok!

Please stop pedalling your agent/agency, whoever they are!

Edited by scottiejohn

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

But not as impossible as you imply, especially outside Bangkok!

Please stop pedalling your agent/agency, whoever they are!

Please outline what is required to open a bank account currently on visa exempt entry.

Simple question.

Select any province you wish.

A recent genuine first hand experience would be nice.

I don't expect one as I'm aware of the requirements 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, FreddieMercury said:

Now...
I don't have a pension, but can deposit 60,000 Baht deposits each month into an account. That's easy.
My question is: do I have to start lodging cash into the bank account now, so that there is a history of payments before I apply for the retirement visa?

It will also depend in which province you plan to reside.  The requirements for the 65.000 THB income method vary depending on where you apply, and some provincial Imm Offices require that the +65K is wired monthly by your pension provider.

Also when applying using that method you would need to show a history of 12 months of payments on your Thai personal bank-account, so that would probably rule out the income option as you do not have a Thai bank-account yet.

An option could be that you apply for the 1-year Non Imm O Visa at the Thai Embassy/Consulate in your home-country. In that case you need to be +50 years of age when you apply and have to show +800K on a bank-account (not necessarily Thai) and a source of monthly income. So you could then start with the +65K monthly income transfers once you are in Thailand and opened a bank-account here.  You would probably also have to apply for a 30-day extension on your entry 1-year Permit to stay, to ensure that you will get at least 12 monthly transfers by the time your 1-year Permit to stay will expire.

All in all, the simplest least hassle option is to enter Thailand Visa Exempt and then make use of a 'fixer' Visa agent to help you secure the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement followed by the 1-year extension.  The going price for such 15 month 'peace of mind' package is approx 40.000 THB, as the Visa agent will need a large chunk of that money to circumvent the financial requirements by bribing the Imm Officer to overlook that you do not meet the requirements. 

17 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

You don't have to leave the 800K in for years. You could use it for your first extension, by the next one you should be caught up with the monthly deposits. 

I just went through this in a different forum. Many of the visa "experts" insisted it was not possible to do this. While a few said they had done it. 

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

I just went through this in a different forum. Many of the visa "experts" insisted it was not possible to do this. While a few said they had done it. 

I use the 400K because it seems easy, and it is nice to have money here in the event of an emergency. I actually keep about a million in the account, and it is separate from my other accounts so the only transactions are interest & taxes and when I round it down at immigration for the update. 

Guys opening accounts should open at least two. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Please outline what is required to open a bank account currently on visa exempt entry.

Simple question.

Select any province you wish.

A recent genuine first hand experience would be nice.

I don't expect one as I'm aware of the requirements 

I see nothing wrong with paying an agent to help opening a bank account, what do they charge? 

41 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That's not bad, bank/branch of choice? 

Many Agents use Bangkok Bank. 

Fortunately when using WISE for transfers, Bangkok Bank is one of only 3 Thai banks that has limit of 2million baht per transfer. 

Other banks have 50k limit per transfer.

Edited by DrJack54

22 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

You "may" be able to open a bank account now with your tourist visa or waiver.  Why not try half a dozen large banks (not mall or supermarket branches) in foreigner-dense areas?  You might get lucky.

Yesterday I tried to open an account with the TMB now TTB bank. None of the staff could speak English, I was asked for my phone no and then told someone will be in touch with me.

This being Thailand I do not expect this to happen so what is the next stage?

8 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Yesterday I tried to open an account with the TMB now TTB bank. None of the staff could speak English, I was asked for my phone no and then told someone will be in touch with me.

This being Thailand I do not expect this to happen so what is the next stage?

Kasikorn to mention just one bank has a phone line directed to excellent English speaking person.

When attending a k bank branch the clerk will dial that on company phone and hand it to you.

Having said that.....I don't think I have ever been into a bank where they didn't have someone that could assist using English.

Where did you try and open the account.