Video: Thai Road Rage! Woman threatened with a gun for hogging the right lane

webfact

image.jpeg

A shocking video showed what happened on a road in Southern Thailand when a female motorist was threatened with a gun.

Dash cam footage showed a man in a pick-up lower his window and wave a gun at the female driver.

He was angry that she was hogging the right lane on a two lane road.

He pulled across and cut her off before getting out with a fellow male passenger following in his wake.

The lady pleaded for her life as she apologized before the men drove off.

She then went straight to the Bang Klam police with her dashcam evidence.

Netizens commented in large numbers.

It happened on the Asian Highway at 9.30 am on Saturday in the Tha Chang sub-district of Songkhla province, reported Daily News.

The lady told the media she was terrified. She was driving with her husband and they were on their way from Phatthalung to Hat Yai.

She said there had been an accident before and she was in the right lane on the clear road and was unaware that someone was trying to pass her.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-03-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

The guy has obviously overreacted big time and needs to be arrested and charged; however, the woman is symbolic of the millions of Thai drivers that have created a culture of undertaking on 2 and 3 lane roads. This culture has ensured that quite often the inside (nearside) lane has the fastest moving traffic, causing countless collisions with vehicles emerging from side roads.

Hence the flourishing undertaker's business.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I can get his frustration, there is nothing more annoying than drivers who not stay LEFT orientated on the roads, while driving slow. I really do not get this, specially with motorbikes driving on the middle or right side of the lane. And then worse, they not even notice you.

I sometime take them over from nearby, driving fast, and then crossing back LEFT aligned on the lane, just hoping them to get the point.

You don't get the part that they just don't care. They drive where they want and don't give a f#$# about anybody else.

Obviously that is no reason to shoot her. But hopefully she will remember this for her next time on the road. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I recall about 20 years ago a Thai guy pulling a gun on me as he was trying to cross from the left to the outside lane to do a u-turn (I was in the middle lane).

Being stoically British, I just assumed that it was normal Thai driver behaviour....

• Haha 1

The bizarre thing is, having driven in southern Thailand for many years, hogging the right hand lane seems the norm anyway. Especially pick up drivers carrying local produce, they never use the left lane. I think it has something to do with the surface quality in places where heavy trucks using the left lanes can leave pot holes. The gun toting hot head needs punishing for complete OTT reaction.

Edited by Hamus Yaigh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Seriously? pull a gun on someone you cannot pass on the road? what about the left lane. was it blocked too? what's next, pull a gun on someone with too many groceries in a supermarket checkout line?

these types of hot-headed drivers should not be on the roads period!

One guy treatened to shoot me because i beeped my horn at him. Some Thais are seriously unbalanced.

• Like 1