Video: Thai Road Rage! Woman threatened with a gun for hogging the right lane

webfact

30 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Look Mr 2009, 120 kph MAX, 100 MIN.

But you're missing the point, speed limits, and most other road signs are only ever considered guidelines, that can be ignored at any convenient time, usually when "Thainess" interferes 555 

1 hour ago, zyphodb said:

Really not wise, see post above...

I see where you are coming from, but I will not be bullied by anyone, if some idiot puts me in danger they are going to know about it, and riding a 300cc bike will get me away very quickly if any one wants to chase me, which has not happened in 16 years here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Stop obfuscating; are you being deliberately obtuse, or is it simply a character trait ? I replied to your comment in its entirety, not to one paragraph or another. Here it is again below in its entirety, so I ask you again, to point out where in that comment you said::

I move over when it's safe and I don't have to slow down” ….. as you subsequently claimed to have said

***The road was wide open, no reason the moron with the gun could not go around, <deleted>. 

If I'm doing the speed limit+ and moving faster than the left lane traffic, why should I have to slow down to allow some a-hole to break the law? Let them go around when they get the chance*** 

Me obfuscating? That's hilarious.

Post.jpg.26878a1a402fb97d45b3aa4dd96e3583.jpg

12 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I can get his frustration, there is nothing more annoying than drivers who not stay LEFT orientated on the roads, while driving slow.

Almost NO ONE is left orientated here. All drive in the middle or right lane.
So I can drive very well in the left lane!!! ????

8 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

But tailgating and blinking lights is not ego-thinking?

I don’t care... thats their ego.. Mine is in check and I have no issue getting out the way.

Letting reckless drivers cow you just encourages the reckless driver to cow someone else. 

Long ago I realised I didn’t need to try and ‘re-educate’ the world around me... Its easier and safer to just get out of the way and not risk being in an accident - there are too many nutcases out there who don’t care about their own safety or anyone else. 

That said, I think that there seems to be a lot fewer of the light-blinking-tailgating-morons then there used to be. Overall, I think driving here has greatly improved in the last twenty-five years. 

Agreed...  I think dash-cams and public shaming have contributed to an improvement. Where policing fails, public embarrassment on social media seem to exceed and play into the potential loss of face which is so important here - Yet, it still surprises me that there is still so many people who forget that they could become the latest meme or viral video with their actions. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Letting reckless drivers cow you just encourages the reckless driver to cow someone else

Your whole attitude towards driving is completely incompatible with driving in Thailand. I hope you never come to stay here for any length of time, if you intend to drive here.

13 hours ago, asf6 said:

IMO, of there is only one speed limit on the sign (90 or 120), it should mean all lanes

Look at the photo again which clearly says 80, 100 and 120/100 for the three different lanes.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Your whole attitude towards driving is completely incompatible with driving in Thailand. I hope you never come to stay here for any length of time, if you intend to drive here.

Came here in '98, got my first car here in '00 and I'm on my sixth car now, and going shopping for a new one at the Motor-Show this weekend. 

Worked in at KIZ in Prachinburi and drove the 350km round trip at least once a week to Bangkok for over twenty years until I retired a few years ago.

Also driven all over the country for holidays and whatnot.

You? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, seajae said:

A lot of thai men seem to appear to have a small dick syndrome where they need to show everyone just how big they think they are by waving guns and knives etc around, all its good for is a laugh

Agreed.

It is no secret that the level of gun ownership in Thailand is high. According to World Population Review, Thailand has more than 10.3 million firearms and the civilian gun ownership rate is 15.10 per 100 persons, which is the highest in Asean and the second highest in Asia after Pakistan.

https://tdri.or.th/en/2022/10/lets-talk-about-gun-control-in-thailand/#:~:text=It is no secret that,highest in Asia after Pakistan.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Don’t believe you. With your ego driven, it’s all about me attitude to driving, you couldn't possibly have driven here for that long.

What is your primary language anyway? 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Cuz the gunman pulled in front of her and collided with her car. No way could she carry on.

really, I missed that part.

I did see where her swerved into her though and she had ample time to go around him and keep on moving.

Do you have a link to the vid of him crashing into her ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

really, I missed that part.

I did see where her swerved into her though and she had ample time to go around him and keep on moving.

Do you have a link to the vid of him crashing into her ?

Apparently the moron clipped her, but yeah, she could have avoided him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

Why not?

I have, maybe not so far on a weekly basis, but have been driving here for over 25years.

Maybe you have, but unlike the poster I was replying to, I have not seen you making comments to indicate that your attitude towards driving is incompatible with driving in Thailand. You have probably adjusted, and appreciate the art of defensive driving.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Maybe you have, but unlike the poster I was replying to, I have not seen you making comments to indicate that your attitude towards driving is incompatible with driving in Thailand. You have probably adjusted, and appreciate the art of defensive driving.

Hey, do you want to put your money where your mouth is? 

50 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

This is where it becomes completely pointless; because although I could explain it to you, I cannot, unfortunately, understand it for you …… toodle pip

Sorry, I figured out what you were saying, my bad. 

• Like 1