Video: Thai Road Rage! Woman threatened with a gun for hogging the right lane

webfact

13 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

No, almost a year means from last March, in English.

But the rule was first introduced on the Asian Highway in March 2021........TWO YEARS AGO.

Tell me which roads you have been driving on because from Phitsanulok to Bangkok and on to Pattaya, many lengths of road are designated as such. I personally have only driven these roads, so any other members who can inform Mr 2009 where there are other such speed limits, please do so. Thanks.

"Almost a year" is a matter of months, by definition ????

I've driven north to south regularly for the last 10 years.

I'll let you know when I see a 120 sign, okey-dokey?

2 minutes ago, 2009 said:

"Almost a year" is a matter of months, by definition ????

I've driven north to south regularly for the last 10 years.

I'll let you know when I see a 120 sign, okey-dokey?

You must need a trip to Specsavers because, as I said previously, almost all the road from Nakon Sawan to Ayuttiya is 100/120. As is the Kansanpichek Road from there to the Airport.

Who defined 'almost a year' as a matter of months. Is 2,3,4,almost a year?

Edited by KannikaP

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You should be banned from driving.

Why?

90 is the limit according to the signage

Maybe I should be banned for doing 100 sometimes when there's a yo-yo up my backside flashing his highbeam at me

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Below I have copied and pasted the full comment that you made that I replied to; please point out where in that comment that I replied to that  you said: I move over when it's safe and I don't have to slow down

***The road was wide open, no reason the moron with the gun could not go around, <deleted>. 

If I'm doing the speed limit+ and moving faster than the left lane traffic, why should I have to slow down to allow some a-hole to break the law? Let them go around when they get the chance*** 

You seem to be having an inordinate amount of trouble understanding what you have actually written yourself.

Seriously? Did you not notice the quotes were in separate paragraphs?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

You quoted the first paragraph where I said: "The road was wide open, no reason the moron with the gun could not go around" I was talking about the moron with the gun, not me. And yes, the road was wide open, and he easily could (and should) have just gone around. Hopefully he is convicted and incarcerated, perhaps he'll know better next time. 

You quoted the second paragraph where I said: "If I'm doing the speed limit+ and moving faster than the left lane traffic, why should I have to slow down to allow some a-hole to break the law? Let them go around when they get the chance"   discribed a completely different situation. 

I understand it's really complicated, but in the first case, the road is wide open, but in the second it is not.

Is it clear now or do you want me to go over it again?

How about the separate paragraph thing, we good there now?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

Just now, 2009 said:

Why?

90 is the limit according to the signage

Maybe I should be banned for doing 100 sometimes when there's a yo-yo up my backside flashing his highbeam at me

You are totally WRONG. The are 120 limits all over.

15 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You must need a trip to Specsavers because, as I said previously, almost all the road from Nakon Sawan to Ayuttiya is 100/120. As is the Kansanpichek Road from there to the Airport.

Who defined 'almost a year' as a matter of months. Is 2,3,4,almost a year?

I think the second one is 7, yes? I think that's been 120 for over 20 years. 

8 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Given the condition of the left hand lanes due to overloaded trucks on the half melted asphalt, idiots pulling out of little lanes without looking, and old women doing 10kph on their 30 year old waves, it's easy to see why. 

Hmmmmmm, that shouldn't be an issue with the great railroad system Thailand has setup which hauls all the freight and consumer items throughout the country.. ????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That's only about 50km, yes?

That's when it started. Vast stretches have been added since then.

Does nobody drive the Highway 7 up to Ayuttya and beyond?

Edited by KannikaP

6 hours ago, Woof999 said:

I beeped my horn so that I didn't need to ram her off the road, which would have caused an accident.

I find just a short beep to alert someone, eg. your overtaking them, is fine, you won't have any crazies after you for doing this. Whereas... A full blown New York blast of anger, may well get the guns out...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

Not as often...

Where are you from?  It seems to me like it happens more and more in California, while it seems to happen less and less here. 

It also seems the roads here get better and better here, while getting worse and worse in California. 

4 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

And what do they spend on them that makes them acceptable in your book?

You are asking a question that you know is impossible to answer.

However I would like to support the opinion that  Thailand has a very good road infrastructure for a progressive country. 

Problems are not the roads but driver education. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Seriously? Did you not notice the quotes were in separate paragraphs?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

You quoted the first paragraph where I said: "The road was wide open, no reason the moron with the gun could not go around" I was talking about the moron with the gun, not me. And yes, the road was wide open, and he easily could (and should) have just gone around. Hopefully he is convicted and incarcerated, perhaps he'll know better next time. 

You quoted the second paragraph where I said: "If I'm doing the speed limit+ and moving faster than the left lane traffic, why should I have to slow down to allow some a-hole to break the law? Let them go around when they get the chance"   discribed a completely different situation. 

I understand it's really complicated, but in the first case, the road is wide open, but in the second it is not.

Is it clear now or do you want me to go over it again?

How about the separate paragraph thing, we good there now?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stop obfuscating; are you being deliberately obtuse, or is it simply a character trait ? I replied to your comment in its entirety, not to one paragraph or another. Here it is again below in its entirety, so I ask you again, to point out where in that comment you said::

I move over when it's safe and I don't have to slow down” ….. as you subsequently claimed to have said

***The road was wide open, no reason the moron with the gun could not go around, <deleted>. 

If I'm doing the speed limit+ and moving faster than the left lane traffic, why should I have to slow down to allow some a-hole to break the law? Let them go around when they get the chance*** 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I can get his frustration, there is nothing more annoying than drivers who not stay LEFT orientated on the roads, while driving slow. I really do not get this, specially with motorbikes driving on the middle or right side of the lane. And then worse, they not even notice you.

I sometime take them over from nearby, driving fast, and then crossing back LEFT aligned on the lane, just hoping them to get the point.

Well, how about trying some Buddhist way of looking at the world.

Take a deep breath, concentrate on the eventual Nirvana, look at the sky, put a smile on, slow down, smile at the other driver, think that you will get there, wherever you are going.

Then you will just forget to bring your gun with you someday, then realize that you never needed it after all.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, asf6 said:

90 km/h is a common speed limit on roads but there are some roads with a limit of 120 km/h.

This section of road has a different speed limit for each lane.

120.jpg

Look Mr 2009, 120 kph MAX, 100 MIN.

3 minutes ago, asf6 said:

For the third lane, correct. ✔️

Could anyone interpret that sign as anything else?

But when approaching a U Turn, the sign on the right goes down to 100, then 90, then 120 after the turn. Is that for ALL lanes or just the middle one?

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

But when approaching a U Turn, the sign on the right goes down to 100, then 90, then 120 after the turn. Is that for ALL lanes or just the middle one?

Good question.

IMO, of there is only one speed limit on the sign (90 or 120), it should mean all lanes. However, my experience in Thailand tells me that clarity is not always important and reading between the lines (no pun intended) is necessary, so I would interpret that as 120 for the outside lane only again. But I could be wrong. 

8 hours ago, sleepwalker999 said:

Big tip - there's a thing on the steering wheel that makes a noise when you press it, maybe the lovely bloke with the gun could try it. 

There is also a curvy thing under the barrel. If you press that it is louder than the horn….???? 

Edited by PB172111