Video: Thai Road Rage! Woman threatened with a gun for hogging the right lane

webfact

5 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Nope, what you said in the comment you made that I replied to was, and I quote you directly:

“If I'm doing the speed limit+ and moving faster than the left lane traffic, why should I have to slow down to allow some a-hole to break the law? Let them go around when they get the chance” 

Good, however, to see that you’ve changed your tune, although you seem to make more U-turns than there are on Highway 1 ¯\_()_/¯

Really? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I have not changed my tune. You quote me saying: “If I'm doing the speed limit+ and moving faster than the left lane traffic, why should I have to slow down to allow some a-hole to break the law?

And then I said: "I move over when it's safe and I don't have to slow down, please try to follow along."

You must have missed the and I don't have to slow down part, yes?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Again, I move over when it is safe, and I do not have to slow down, and when it is un-safe and or I would have to slow down, I do not move over. 

We good?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Really? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I have not changed my tune. You quote me saying: “If I'm doing the speed limit+ and moving faster than the left lane traffic, why should I have to slow down to allow some a-hole to break the law?

And then I said: "I move over when it's safe and I don't have to slow down, please try to follow along."

You must have missed the and I don't have to slow down part, yes?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Again, I move over when it is safe, and I do not have to slow down, and when it is un-safe and or I would have to slow down, I do not move over. 

We good?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Below I have copied and pasted the full comment that you made that I replied to; please point out where in that comment that I replied to that  you said: I move over when it's safe and I don't have to slow down

***The road was wide open, no reason the moron with the gun could not go around, <deleted>. 

If I'm doing the speed limit+ and moving faster than the left lane traffic, why should I have to slow down to allow some a-hole to break the law? Let them go around when they get the chance*** 

You seem to be having an inordinate amount of trouble understanding what you have actually written yourself.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I sometime take them over from nearby, driving fast, and then crossing back LEFT aligned on the lane, just hoping them to get the point.

Bit arrogant to think that it's your job to do that by overtaking closely and fast and then veering back to the left.  Seems that your driving leaves a lot to be desired.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Bit arrogant to think that it's your job to do that by overtaking closely and fast and then veering back to the left.  Seems that your driving leaves a lot to be desired.

this would be considered dangerous driving back home. which carries a hefty fine. points on your license and even better your insurance will go up. 

Edited by stoner
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kotsak said:

Hah.. exactly their attitude when it comes to not turning on the headlights in low lit places, e.g. car parks.. If I can see, then no need to turn them on, screw the poor sod who may not notice me.

If you cannot see a vehicle with sidelights on in a car park perhaps you shouldn't be driving? 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Given the condition of the left hand lanes due to overloaded trucks on the half melted asphalt, idiots pulling out of little lanes without looking, and old women doing 10kph on their 30 year old waves, it's easy to see why. 

Exactly

I always drive on the right at 90-100km per hour. I don't move for anyone.

I don't see why I should be forced into the left with the slow-moving vehicles just cos some coconut wants to do 120km/hr.

Never had a gun pulled on me thankfully, but I have had quite a few experiences where the car was driving about an inch from my back bumper.

And a few even pulled up the side and infront of me with just inches to spare, almost like they were trying to drive me off the road ????

Edited by 2009
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, 2009 said:

I don't see why I should be forced into the left with the slow-moving vehicles just cos some coconut wants to do 120km/hr.

Irrespective if they are driving at a 120 it is the law that you must return back to the left hand lane as soon as you've overtaken. You're as bad as the woman in this story.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Irrespective if they are driving at a 120 it is the law that you must return back to the left hand lane as soon as you've overtaken. You're as bad as the woman in this story.

It's also the law not to drive above the speed limit, so we are at a stalemate there. Lol

And the left lane is typically full of vehicles doing 0-50km/hr so it makes it pretty impossible to actually drive in it.

And moving in and out continuously is pretty much out of the question since Thais don't let other drivers change lanes anyway.

They tailgate and give 110% effort to stop anyone changing lanes in front of them.

The solution is to sit at the max speed limit and cruise in the right lane.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, kennw said:

If the allowable rh lane speed is 120 with min 100 kph then either comply or get out of the way dont be selfish and dangerous

I've never driven on such a road in Thailand. Since when was the speed limit 120kmh?

The only roads I've ever driven on are max 90kmh.

I do 100kmh to try to appease the psycho need-for-speed coconuts.

Edited by 2009
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, dcalaska said:

Thais love to drive on the right side. I see this every day. No big deal, just go around them.

It's to avoid all the illegally parked cars at markets, banks etc. The only reason to drive on the left is to turn left, or drive through a red light. 

18 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

If you think I am as bad as the woman in this story, I won't tell you what I do to the tailgaters driving an inch from my bumper. ????

14 minutes ago, kennw said:

If the allowable rh lane speed is 120 with min 100 kph then either comply or get out of the way dont be selfish and dangerous

Since when? Is that a recent change in speed limit? And on which roads? Got any proof to back up your claim (the Aseannow favorite ????)

I see the road signs indicating 90kmh as max speed wherever I drive. I always do max speed, usually a tad over, in fact.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, 2009 said:

I've never driven on such a road in Thailand. Since when was the speed limit 120kmh?

The only roads I've ever driven on are max 90kmh.

I do 100kmh to try to appease the psycho need-for-speed coconuts.

There are MANY roads now where the speed limits are 80 in the left lane, 100 in the middle and 100 MINIMUM/120 MAX in the right lane. 

But then as you come up to a U turn, it says 100, then 90, then back to 120. Is that for ALL lanes of just the right one?

Not really enforceable, but that's the law.

14 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Since when? Is that a recent change in speed limit? And on which roads? Got any proof to back up your claim (the Aseannow favorite ????)

I see the road signs indicating 90kmh as max speed wherever I drive. I always do max speed, usually a tad over, in fact.

Been like that for almost a year that I know of, 100 MINIMUM/120 MAX in right lane.

I won't say that I don't find it annoying to get behind a slow driver in the right lane, but I don't blow a gasket every time it happens. In a 100 mile trip, how many would that be? Maybe 20. This is Thailand.  I'm not going to a fire, my wife is not giving birth, and I emptied my bladder at the last service station.  I can wait for a chance to get around them.

I have had one road rage against me. Coming out of Gobel House with a load in an older pickup. I pulled out into the slow lane, and turned on my signal to change lanes to get to the raised U-turn. A car, back about a 100 meters or more in that lane, driving fast, started flashing his lights. My choice, stay in my lane and miss the U-turn, or move over. I moved over. He came right up on my tail and started revving up his engine. When we got to the curve at the top of the ramp, he must have popped the clutch at the height of his rev, He spun out, did a 180. As I watched in the rear view, he straighten himself out and came roaring down the ramp. I thought to myself "here we go!". But when he got to the bottom, he pulled over to the side and stopped.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Been like that for almost a year that I know of, 100 MINIMUM/120 MAX in right lane.

Almost a year?

So, just a few months then.

Well, I haven't seen any signs saying 120 yet.

18 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Almost a year?

So, just a few months then.

Well, I haven't seen any signs saying 120 yet.

No, almost a year means from last March, in English.

But the rule was first introduced on the Asian Highway in March 2021........TWO YEARS AGO.

Tell me which roads you have been driving on because from Phitsanulok to Bangkok and on to Pattaya, many lengths of road are designated as such. I personally have only driven these roads, so any other members who can inform Mr 2009 where there are other such speed limits, please do so. Thanks.

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Incorrect. You MUST stay in the right lane on some 'superhighways' which are designated MINIMUM 100/MAX 120.