Rayong

KhonKaenLive

Hello,

I guess this is the right forum for general information on Rayong. We are considering moving there. I have middle school aged kids, so I'm wondering about the schools. Are there some nice neighborhoods at reasonable prices? How's the air? 

Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated. Cheers!

• Confused 1

Rayong is a province so you ought to be a bit more specific.

I have lived in Muang Chonburi for about 15 years and passed through Rayong more times than I care to remember. Only ever thought of it as an industrial area, not anywhere anyone would want to live.

During the pandemic we used the WTT scheme as much as we could and one of the places we decided to go was the Kantary Bay at Saeng Chan beach. I was quite surprised, i think what they have done with the beach is superb, not much there at the moment but in 10 to 15 years could be one of the top spots in Thailand. Had some friends down from the north during the week and took them to the beach and stayed the night in Rayong.

Can't help with the schools but there is no problem with the air in this part of Thailand, particularly if you are somewhere near the coast.

You really need to go and have a look around, there are some very good budget hotels, the one I was in Wed, 15 East Inn, was only 420 for the night. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ban Chang, Rayong is handy for schools, also easy access to Motorway 7, Au Tapau airport next door, quite a lot of reasonable priced housing, 3 main beaches, a bit more open spaced than most places, great infrastructure now, half way between Rayong city and Pattaya. The air also quite decent here with the wind coming off the beaches. You need to have a look around, start with Google maps and see the layout of Rayong province.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...