Where to apply for retirement visa.

3 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The government has to be careful don’t kill the goose that has laid the golden over the years

I don't think they care/will miss us. The retirement extension seems to be an unwanted legacy of the 1979 act. At the time rental properties were empty with the departure of the US forces support staff here (US had 50,000 people here). I think there was the assumption that retirees would employ a cook, a maid. a housekeeper, a driver and maybe a gardener.

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

I don't think they care/will miss us. The retirement extension seems to be an unwanted legacy of the 1979 act. At the time rental properties were empty with the departure of the US forces support staff here (US had 50,000 people here). I think there was the assumption that retirees would employ a cook, a maid. a housekeeper, a driver and maybe a gardener.

There would be a few Immigration officers selling houses and cars in the Retirement Visa was changed massively along with Visa Agents.

22 hours ago, BritTim said:

It is highly likely that the requirements will change in the next few years, possibly in a way that makes compliance by most expat retirees very difficult to comply with

Scaremongering to the extreme.

Any Links that back up this?

Didn't think so.

Aka scare mongering.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 4:10 AM, DrJack54 said:

Provided you have a Thai bank account in your name most likely best to return visa exempt and apply for non O retirement asap after arrival.

Requires 800k in Thai bank on day of application. Would need to demonstrate funds came from abroad. 

That gives you 90 day stamp. 

In last 30 days of that permit obtain a 12 month extension

Requires 800k in Thai bank for 2 months. 

So does Changwattana go with the 800k on the day of Non-O for retirement application?

I remember some reports of Desk 7 at Jomtien Immigration still asking for 2 months of 800k "seed time" for the initial Non-O ...correct?

I'm arriving BKK soon and will probably opt to stay in BKK and get my Non-O in Changwattana, especially if they follow the Non-O requirements and rules.

Just now, likerdup1 said:

I'm arriving BKK soon and will probably opt to stay in BKK and get my Non-O in Changwattana, especially if they follow the Non-O requirements and rules

CW does follow the rules.

Jomtien has a crackpot io who does not.

You will need 800k in Thai bank account on day of application for non O retirement.

You will also need to show funds came from abroad. 

• Thumbs Up 1