Which bikes and riders irritate you?

On 3/29/2023 at 11:01 AM, Kwasaki said:

OP would rather ride a NC400.

What bike do you have if your a long life biker.  ????

Just sold me Triumph Bonney back in UK, as was just not getting to use it anymore over there, Got my Old Forza here in Phuky... Only ever had two Kwaks, a KMX200 Stroker (absolutly manic lol) was a lot younger BTW one of my best bikes years ago was ZZR600E went all over on that, never let me down, proppa good bike... Prob best all rounder have owned was the last of the Pre-Vtec Honda VFRs in the Mke Hailwood replica Shut & Cyt paint job (Red & Silver)... most radical for me was my GXXR K3... the K5s on were too small for my fat backside so after that I started to tone it down a bit, VFR then a Trumpet, just love bikes and just riding em

Err I do have an edit; never rode a bike in BKK and dont think I would want to TBH... Phuky isnt that bad when not right in middle of any Town/Main strips

Edited by Lokie
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Here's a Ghost Rider Moscow riding a R1.  Starts to get really  hairy at 4 minutes in.

Thanks for putting that up, the R1 is a beaut of a bike to ride. 

Z10's are crazy, GSXR1000 my favorite, Fireblade's and BM S1000 are up there, not sure about Ducati price wise. 

All available at reasonable cost unlike the exotic bikes. 

Edited by Kwasaki

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Thanks for putting that up, the R1 is a beaut of a bike to ride. 

Z10's are crazy, GSXR1000 my favorite, Fireblade's and BM S1000 are up there, not sure about Ducati price wise. 

All available at reasonable cost unlike the exotic bikes. 

That reminds me of this wonderful video:

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That reminds me of this wonderful video:

Another good reason to have an one liter ADV touring bike, is when you have an proper built pillion who is not 45 kg or lesss and luggage.

Edited by Hummin

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Another good reason to have an one liter ADV touring bike, is when you have an proper built pillion who is not 45 kg or lesss and luggage.

Another good reason is effortless overtaking and no pillion seat.

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Before I ever think about a Forza, I quit riding, and buy a 4 wheel truck instead

I have what I call my baby blade a 2006 Airblade 108cc Carb. 

A 30 year old 125 Wave. 

A 30 year old Fireblade.

And a Isuzu truck. 

What have I done. ???????????? 

8 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Adventure bikes OK. 

I've only liked supersport bikes. 

I like mix riding alot and the opportunities a bike who handle dirt roads gives. Especially after been around Thailand most places 3-4 times, there is always a new interesting route if you combine it with some parts with dirt. New places new horizons 

37 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I like mix riding alot and the opportunities a bike who handle dirt roads gives. Especially after been around Thailand most places 3-4 times, there is always a new interesting route if you combine it with some parts with dirt. New places new horizons 

Off road fun but you have to look where your going you can't see much more these in Thailand that you can't see from roads. 

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Off road fun but you have to look where your going you can't see much more these in Thailand that you can't see from roads. 

depending on how much you like the journey to get from A to B or the destination it self is the most important. 

• Like 1

I wudn't fancy riding any half decent off rd tyres on wet Thai roads TBH. anyways Im too old now for a good blast over an off rd route... used to do bit of trailing riding/Green lanes back in UK years ago, tiny bit of Trials when a kid

Just for the Forza Haters - Iv got fully adjustable levers, YZZ adjustable rear shocks with Sub Tanks, Uprated front Forks and shod with Pirrelli Dragons pmsl

Still best comfortable do everything I need bike for me in Phuky... 10yrs old and still going strong my old barge, can get 3 large bags of shopping or two full face helmets plus other crap under seat when needed... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lokie said:

can get 3 large bags of shopping or two full face helmets plus other crap under seat when needed... 

You must live somewhere far away from traffic jams. That this is just too big to fit between cars - mostly. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You must live somewhere far away from traffic jams. That this is just too big to fit between cars - mostly. 

Back on subject Forza owners are irritating. ????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I live right in Pa-Tong, at back near PisitKoranee rd - 5 mins from Centre or beach, daily fit between traffic at standstill no issue what so ever, although I did catch a wing mirror on a pick up who had stopped blocking a rd in Phuket Town ystday, clipped it with my mirror - he Honked and Got the Finger for being selfish and no harm done... You obvs need to come down here from the Smoke, have a Coke & a Smile and a Blat on my Forza then you will see the light...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lokie said:

I wudn't fancy riding any half decent off rd tyres on wet Thai roads TBH. anyways Im too old now for a good blast over an off rd route... used to do bit of trailing riding/Green lanes back in UK years ago, tiny bit of Trials when a kid

Just for the Forza Haters - Iv got fully adjustable levers, YZZ adjustable rear shocks with Sub Tanks, Uprated front Forks and shod with Pirrelli Dragons pmsl

Still best comfortable do everything I need bike for me in Phuky... 10yrs old and still going strong my old barge, can get 3 large bags of shopping or two full face helmets plus other crap under seat when needed... 

Im not Forza hater at all, and as long people enjoy their rides thats enough for me. 

what I can not get in my head is having a Forza in heavy trafficked areas or for touring purposes, I see no advantages at all comparing to other bikes, except for those with short legs. 

However for my long touring trips, I would not choose any close to a Vulcan type either, or RR bikes for that sakes. 

Again, as long people enjoy their rides, good for them. Do not need to excuse your self for your choice. Another thing, when I feel Im getting to old, I will also buy a new car ???? To many holding on to their dream to long. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Hummin said:

what I can not get in my head is having a Forza in heavy trafficked areas or for touring purposes, I see no advantages at all comparing to other bikes, except for those with short legs. 

Forzas are fine in traffic, and they are great for touring, I did Bangkok to Chiang Mai via Mae Sot and Mae Hong Song on a Forza 300 (the modern model) and it was great. No need for panniers or bags, as everything went under the seat, was fine on the highway parts, and great on the back roads.  Very comfortable as well, and I am 6' 2"