Which bikes and riders irritate you?

Inspired by the thread below, which are your most hated bikes and riders?

Often I can't stand riders with Forzas or any other scooters with huge plastic shell, no gears, and a little engine. It seems those ships inspire those riders to behave like they are the owners of the roads.

Delivery riders, especially from Grab, are also high on my irritation list. They often try to squeeze in any not existent gap. 

On the other hand, it seems many big bike riders take it easy - at least in city limits.

And most motorcycle taxi riders also know what they are doing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, connda said:

In the last decade I've notice motorcycle drivers around Lamphun and Chiang Mai becoming more and more aggressive.  Gone are the days of driving over on the shoulder on highways as they are suppose to.  More and more often I'm encountering low powered M/C driving in the middle and far right lanes.  They put everyone in danger.  If you have a 400cc or larger bike - of course - drive it anywhere on the road as you can maintain speed and acceleration.  But these small bike thinking they own in the entire road.  There is a reason for them to be in the far left lane and shoulders.

In principle I agree with you. But sometimes there are lots of obstacles on the left lane (depending on the road). Changing from the left lane to the next lane and back is also a considerable risk. For that reason, I understand when they (and I, mostly on a 400cc) don't ride on that left lane. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

For me it's Penny farthings , they are a bloody nuisance

always thinking they are so high and mighty........

regards Worgeordie 

I have to admit I wouldn't know that name if I wouldn't play Anno 1800.

pf.png.2833f2c750566edfaa89a71e92437985.png

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Motorbikes are supposed to ride in the left lane. The shoulder is not a lane and is usually delineated with a solid (no cross) line except at junction where the line is broken.

A lot of left lanes on highways are left in a dreadful state by overloaded trucks, it can be extremely dangerous for any bike, especially small 125cc's, so it is common sense to ride them on the hard shoulder, though only when it is in a decent condition.

The helmetless ones who pass you at speed lying flat on the seat with their legs and feet pointing rearwards. Even worse when its a falang.

History Behind the Record-Setting Vincent Black Lightning Motorcycle – Robb  Report

The others I don't like are the gangs on big bikes that race past you going flat out both in the fast lane and on the hard shoulder

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Those who've got nothing better to do than come on the forum at the weekend creating 'click bait'

Get out for a ride O/P.

I use a bike when I want to "go" somewhere. Mostly short trips.

I personally don't like to ride a bike just to ride a bike, especially for hours.

I.e. when I want to visit Pattaya for a few days then I take the bus or a taxi. I wouldn't enjoy riding for two hours to Pattaya and a few days later back. But that's only me.

And I am also perfectly happy at home or somewhere drinking a coffee or a beer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

If I remember correctly the BiB were perpetuating the myth by using it to fine bike riders.

They did that for many years.

But in the last years they don't do it anymore, at least not in the middle of Bangkok.

But then, it seems the police doesn't do anything anytime these days. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Delivery riders, especially from Grab, are also high on my irritation list.

These guys are awesome, they get me my dinner quickly. Unless of course some knob in a four-wheeler hasn't left a big enough gap.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

These guys are awesome, they get me my dinner quickly. Unless of course some knob in a four-wheeler hasn't left a big enough gap.

Exactly my thought. When its MY food being delivered everything goes. I don't care if they run 300 km/h, go for gaps that aren't there and scare grannies.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Just remember that maybe 50% of the commerce and business carried in this country is done with bikes and bike riders, without them you nothing much would be done and traffic would be horrendous to drive through.

When I lived in Chiang Mai my Honda Dream was my primary transportation. It's the best way to get around in the city imho.  But I also always realized that a two ton car always wins an accident an drove accordingly.  Motorcyclists now?  Well, fatality rates pretty much spell it out here in Thailand with 80% of the fatalities being M/C riders.