Which bikes and riders irritate you?

5 hours ago, Cricky said:

I'm not a fan of bikers riding dangerously on public roads, I remember there was a guy 'Ghostrider', doing crazy stuff on the road, is he still alive?

Anyway, the guys on my video had the highway shutdown, it looked good, the other bikers gave him clearance to show off. ???? 

At times I see videos of bikes racing around, dangerous speeds on public roads, in and out of traffic, etc, I tend to turn off these videos, I don't enjoy watching at them.

Bad cyclists, bad scooter riders, bad small motorbike riders, bad big bike riders, bad car drivers, bad truck driver, bad bus drivers, bad lorry drivers and you pick on bikes. ????

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Bad cyclists, bad scooter riders, bad small motorbike riders, bad big bike riders, bad car drivers, bad truck driver, bad bus drivers, bad lorry drivers and you pick on bikes. ????

Did you read the OP, it's about bikes.

I agree with you though, the bikes are my least annoying on the roads.

Edited by Cricky
  • Haha 1

On 3/28/2023 at 9:28 AM, bang saen guy said:

Foreigners on minibikes bobbing and weaving down Soi Buakhao looking unsure of where they are going or maybe where they've come from

Yep, foreigners on motorbikes are my biggest concern when riding.

I've been riding Thailand for years and have become familiar with the Thai riding techniques.

Foreigners are unpredictable, never know what they are going to do, I keep well away from them.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/28/2023 at 6:56 PM, EVENKEEL said:

Here's a good legit one. In a truck turning right off a small soi onto a soi with speeding drivers. Looking left and right for clear traffic, all clear to right long way down, look left and wait for car to pass, as you hurry to turn you've got 2 MB's super close to you on right. I can't turn and they can't see oncoming traffic.

I reckon the most stressful job on the planet, a Thai truck driver.

6 hours ago, Cricky said:

I'm not a fan of bikers riding dangerously on public roads, I remember there was a guy 'Ghostrider', doing crazy stuff on the road, is he still alive?

Anyway, the guys on my video had the highway shutdown, it looked good, the other bikers gave him clearance to show off. ???? 

At times I see videos of bikes racing around, dangerous speeds on public roads, in and out of traffic, etc, I tend to turn off these videos, I don't enjoy watching at them.

Yes still alive a Swedish guy in his 50's and a father of 2 last I read. 

There were many copy cats Vids. 

He used a souped up Suksuki GSXR1000R and later rode a turbo charged Busa. 

The one I thought was crazier was a Russian guy on an R1 in traffic it's available on Utube as are many.

Edited by Kwasaki
Phone type changer
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yes still alive a Swedish guy in his 50's and a father of 2 last I read. 

There were many copy cats Vids. 

He used a souped up Suksuki GSXR1000R and later rode a turbo charged Busa. 

The one I thought was crazier was a Russian guy on an R1 in traffic it's available on Utube as are many.

Oh a Swedish guy, I didn't know that and still alive, lucky guy. 

I watch a lot of bike races, superbikes, motogp, motocross but can't watch Isle of Man, those narrow streets, rider just needs to make a slight mistake and it's lights out.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Cricky said:

I watch a lot of bike races, superbikes, motogp, motocross but can't watch Isle of Man, those narrow streets, rider just needs to make a slight mistake and it's lights out.

In case you missed it, it's already a couple of years old:

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks, I hadn't seen this.. Crazy guy.

Bloody annoying for the other road users, having this idiot riding at speed, noisy bike whizzing past.

Come to think of it, these bike riders annoy me, they creep up at speed without warning and go past in a sonic boom.

It's not too bad for me but I feel sorry for the Thai ladies, they scare easily, I bet they get the shock of their life.

I've got Termignoni's on my Ducati's and I always try to ride past other road users so not to fright.

I reckon some of the noisy riders get of on scaring the innocent and frail.

Edited by Cricky

46 minutes ago, Cricky said:

I rode IOM circuit and you can imagine how scary it could be not learning and knowing what bend is coming up. 

Standing at the Post Office is an experience of speed, you look and see the bike coming over hill and the rider and bike goes pass where you standing in the blink of an eye and is gone in a flash.

Creg ny baa corner where the pub is was our favorite place to watch. 

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

A bit tame that one.

look Utube Black Devil. Moscow ride R1.  

I don't know how to put it here on my phone. ????

Edited by Kwasaki

9 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

All of them, you have to be a fool to get on a bike in Thailand.

This is a typical statement from a rider that is, inept, unskilled, Incompetent or frail, someone that is frustrated that they can't enjoy the pleasures of riding a motorcycle.

I'm OK, bike riding is not for everyone and it makes me feel safer when the inexperienced are not on the road.

I've got good friends in their 70's, over 50 years of experience, still enjoying riding their bikes

Edited by Cricky
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cricky said:

This is a typical statement from a rider that is, inept, unskilled, Incompetent or frail, someone that is frustrated that they can't enjoy the pleasures of riding a motorcycle.

I'm OK, bike riding is not for everyone and it makes me feel safer when the inexperienced are not on the road.

I've got good friends in their 70's, over 50 years of experience, still enjoying riding their bikes

Admitting and understanding the risk is a good start for a long life on two wheels. 

And use necessary protection and do proper riding training. To many do to many short cuts both lack of protection, colours, light, placement, and avoid being trapped and boxed in in dangerous exposed situations, as well choice of time and route. 

15 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

I'd agree especially if you are not experienced don't ride in big cities and busy tourists places. 

Many roads and places me and my fellow riding buddy ride in remote Northern areas are spectacular.

53 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I rode IOM circuit and you can imagine how scary it could be not learning and knowing what bend is coming up. 

Standing at the Post Office is an experience of speed, you look and see the bike coming over hill and the rider and bike goes pass where you standing in the blink of an eye and is gone in a flash.

Creg ny baa corner where the pub is was our favorite place to watch. 

That would be an experience, it's great to be so close to the action, just got to be careful where you are, not too close to the action.

I'm a big fan of the Bathurst 1000, ever since I was young. It's a car race, V8 super cars, nothing better than getting next to the fence by the track, the rumbling, the noise, it's breathtakingly awesome.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

you can imagine how scary it could be not learning and knowing what bend is coming up. 

I think in the car world that is called Rallying????.  Brilliant, great for concentration.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/25/2023 at 12:21 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

IMHO motorbike riders wouldn't ride Forzas. ????

On 3/25/2023 at 1:24 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I use a bike when I want to "go" somewhere. Mostly short trips.

I personally don't like to ride a bike just to ride a bike, especially for hours

Oh dear, had to laugh as someone who has owned and ridden 1000cc bikes and has also done huge road trips on a Forza. Have respect for anyone who gets out there and rides, but doesn't act snobbish towards what others ride. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cricky said:
1 hour ago, Keep Right said:

I ride bikes in Bangkok since more than 20 years. Until now I didn't have any accident which hurt me or my bike. By now I know what to expect and I try to avoid unnecessary risks. But in real life, I could die any day while riding my bike. Sometime there is just no space and no time to brake if others behave erratic. 

If I would have young children who rely on me then maybe I wouldn't ride any bike in Bangkok. Now I still don't want to die, but it's a possibility which can't be denied. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I ride bikes in Bangkok since more than 20 years. Until now I didn't have any accident which hurt me or my bike. By now I know what to expect and I try to avoid unnecessary risks. But in real life, I could die any day while riding my bike. Sometime there is just no space and no time to brake if others behave erratic. 

If I would have young children who rely on me then maybe I wouldn't ride any bike in Bangkok. Now I still don't want to die, but it's a possibility which can't be denied. 

Placement can save you from most common incidents, especially where you are next to big trucks, corners, and red lights having one tailing you, as well corners dowhill as uphill where there is slow traffic, as a few examples

21 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Placement can save you from most common incidents, especially where you are next to big trucks, corners, and red lights having one tailing you, as well corners dowhill as uphill where there is slow traffic, as a few examples

Yes, "most"... 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Heard one say the faster you ride, the less exposure ????

I had that attitude when I was about 16 and ice-skating in a crowd. Then one day I woke up in a hospital with a bad headache and no recollection from the day before.

I learned from that - at least a little. 

4 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Oh dear, had to laugh as someone who has owned and ridden 1000cc bikes and has also done huge road trips on a Forza. Have respect for anyone who gets out there and rides, but doesn't act snobbish towards what others ride. 

You miss the point bikers wouldn't do long trips on scooters. 

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I had that attitude when I was about 16 and ice-skating in a crowd. Then one day I woke up in a hospital with a bad headache and no recollection from the day before.

I learned from that - at least a little. 

Good thing to manage to walk away from it without life long damages, and learn from it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

Heard one say the faster you ride, the less exposure ????

Not a case of riding fast it's a case of having a bike that can handle quick and accelerate better than anything else around it.

15 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Not a case of riding fast it's a case of having a bike that can handle quick and accelerate better than anything else around it.

Keep the traffic behind you is my philosophy, but Im still surprised by Bangkok sports cars passing me on the Highway a couple of times when I least expected it, even I look in the mirrors frequently, and more often than normal. 

18 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Keep the traffic behind you is my philosophy, but Im still surprised by Bangkok sports cars passing me on the Highway a couple of times when I least expected it, even I look in the mirrors frequently, and more often than normal. 

Get a faster bike.  ????