Humza Yousaf succeeds Nicola Sturgeon as SNP leader

webfact

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

I know that you think that you have found a racist to expose .

But you will have to keep looking and find someone else to expose , as I am not that person you seek 

I think you exposed yourself. You didn't need me for that. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Yousafs past record speaks for itself, the union is safe with Humza at the helm, if someone dropped a banana skin he would find it. 

Were I an SNP member, I would not have voted for him, however the other candidates were not much more appealing either. But it would be a mistake to think that the SNP speaks for all independence supporters. If those who are trying to protect the union limit their focus to only the SNP, then it is most definitely not safe. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Wonder whether it will be the same as the partition of India/Pakistan with about 1 million people dying and English and Scots fighting and killing each other as they scramble to their owm sides of the border 

Do you really think that it is a possibility?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Those who forget their history are destined to repeat it 

Recalling the iconic moment Scotland fans stormed the Wembley pitch and  snapped the crossbar after stunning England in 1977 | Daily Mail Online

20243128-England v Scotland at Wembley on 4 June 1977 - Scottish fans  digging up squares of turf, man on right putting one into a plastic bag. -  National World | Newsprints

Scotland england fans Black and White Stock Photos & Images - Alamy

So Scottish fans invading the pitch at Wembley in 1977 is a prelude to the persecution of Englishmen in Scotland in the event of Scottish independence 50+ years later?

2 + 2 = a lot more than 5!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, RayC said:

So Scottish fans invading the pitch at Wembley in 1977 is a prelude to the persecution of Englishmen in Scotland in the event of Scottish independence 50+ years later?

2 + 2 = a lot more than 5!

Would you like a sense of humour with your coffee?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Would you like a sense of humour with your coffee?

Pictures of a pitch invasion from 45 years ago????????

The rebirth of 'Alternative comedy' is happening before our eyes!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, RayC said:

Pictures of a pitch invasion from 45 years ago????????

The rebirth of 'Alternative comedy' is happening before our eyes!

There were an  Englishman, a Welshman and an Scotsman , Rishi, Shamina and Humza...........................and that really confused  the Irishman 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Well, he brings up Scottish Independence invariably in the first line of every one of his posts, my keen political antenna tell me that he is something of an enthusiast for the concept.

I believe he could work it into a thread on the price of coconut ice cream from street vendors in Phuket!

Hmm - I am not sure that's particularly true. If fact, I don't think it's true in any way whatsoever. You may have neglected to read the subject of this particular thread but there are parallels, trust me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Ironic indeed (although also completely impossible, the stuff of fantasy). Especially as neither was voted into the position by the electorate.

This is great news for the UK. This cringey man could start an argument in an empty room. Like when he asked the group of Ukranian women "where are all the men?". Jeez. What a melt.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/humza-yousaf-ukrainian-women-where-are-all-the-men_uk_6413513ae4b0bc5cb64f1bf1

Or his rant against white people in Scotland. I wonder if he resents so many Asians in positions of power in Pakistan/China? Or so many black people in positions of power in Democratic Republic of Condo? Somehow I doubt it.

The UK is in safe hands with this man heading up the Scottish Nationalist Party. This is almost as good for the UK as Sturgeon being terfed out on the trans issue.

I do wonder if we are maybe too old to understand his appeal. There is an article on the BBC at the moment where they interviewed a broad range of young (under 30) people and they seem positive, or at least lukewarm to him. Certainly there was no outrage the he might continue pushing for the core SNP raison d'etre.

Like you, I don't rate him at all, but the joke about the Tory pm election being like choosing which Glastonbury portaloo to use would have been apt here too.

But if he can keep the younger people on side then hopefully we will see a significant swing in the polls in the coming years. After all, the under 55s show, consistently, majority support for independence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

I have no idea what your post was, but I rarely report others' posts, and this time not guilty either, guv. 

Jokes aside fair call,  I hear on radio Rishi UK PM is going to make it difficult for Humza on Scottish independence.

24 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Jokes aside fair call,  I hear on radio Rishi UK PM is going to make it difficult for Humza on Scottish independence.

I imagine he will continue the same line as his predecessors - now is not the time, repeat ad nauseum.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There were an  Englishman, a Welshman and an Scotsman , Rishi, Shamina and Humza...........................and that really confused  the Irishman 

The joke about the pitch invasion was good in comparison with this one!