Advice selling car?

Howdy,

I have a 2021 Toyota Cross with about 30k on it. I still owe 300,000THB to the bank. I have to leave Thailand permanently in June and am looking for advice on where is best to sell it? Also, do you think I should pay it off before I sell it? 
To further complicate things, I don't speak Thai or have a Thai-speaking partner. 

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Ideally pay out the finance before selling... but how long will it take to sell assuming you do not want to fire sale it ?

If you are ok to take a hit..... take it to a tent, they will sort out the finance and give you cash for the balance.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, troubletribbles said:

Does 3 months seem like too short of time to sell?

Thats plenty of time to sell a vehicle....  (I’ve sold 6 cars in Thailand.. all in less than 3 months). 

Advertise on Facebook Market Place and anywhere else you can think of. 

Here too...  https://www.one2car.com/en

As always you will get a lot of tire kickers who ask ‘is this still available’ then disappear !!! 

The there is the person who asks for extra photos, details etc.. and then disappears..

Thats just the way it is unfortunately. 

Google translate is ok to communicate with prospective buyers - its not perfect and sometimes translates mistakes, but its ok for the basics.

IF you have a serious buyer who wants to come and see the car, they may speak enough basic English so that you dont need to worry about Thai. 

9 hours ago, troubletribbles said:

To further complicate things, I don't speak Thai or have a Thai-speaking partner. 

Is there anyone in your area who can assist ? (if someone comes to look at the car ?).

i.e. staff from the Condo or Moobaan etc ?

If you’re offering a good price, someone will snap it up fairly quickly... and for a better deal than the *tents will give you. 

*tents - they’re the second hand car lots that you see everywhere... (for some reason they’re called tents !!... perhaps because they used to be under a massive tent instead of a large roof !).

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 1

Many expats prefer to buy a used vehicle directly from another expat, assuming correctly or not, that the vehicle has been maintained to a higher standard.

Interest has already been shown here and I'm sure you will get many more bites if you post on local expat FB groups.