Rooster Reports 7: Hello Thai people: The pandemic's over now, pretty please, ditch the face masks! 

webfact

18 minutes ago, Cricky said:

You're out of your mind mate.

This is not a debate.

It's you wear a mask or not, it's no one's business but mine if I wear a mask.

The OP is asking PRETTY PLEASE ditch the face mask. 

Up to bloody me if I ditch the mask, mind your own business. 

CygnusX1, You need to re educate yourself, subjects that are worthy of a debate

You’re right, it’s none of my business, the fearful such as yourself can wear face masks, shields and disposable gloves for the rest of your lives for all I care. What I do object to is people trying to silence debate, all too prevalent among the woke left. There has also been reference in this debate to small children being made to wear masks for the protection of fearful adults, even though they’re at virtually zero risk. That has to be the ultimate act of cowardice.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Dcheech said:

Good to know what you think of Thais and Thai society. BTW, absolutely positive Thai people care about your opinions as much as bird excrement on a wall. Still it is amazing to see that 'western missionary culture' & saving the ignorant heathen, is still going as strong today as 150 years ago. Albeit, the religious side has been dropped.

@Dcheech Yes cuz they're millons of Thais that read this????     I can't tell you what i think of you because that would get me a ban on here

19 hours ago, Highlandman said:

Nobody's going around telling strangers to take off their masks. I'm certainly not. Besides, it would probably take years given millions are still wearing them. I do have friends, such as one teacher at an international school, who's been telling his students to remove their masks. Some take his advice, others don't. 

However, I can't believe that Thais are still willing to wear masks in this heat and humidity and especially after all this time. I wonder how they breathe. Don't they get massive headaches at the end of the day? I would get a headache just from wearing an N95 mask for 10 minutes, which I would put on to protect myself from dust if I'm cutting some strips of wood or something. Imagine wearing something that restricts your breathing all day for well over 3 years?? 

It's all so strange. To me it's absolutely demoralizing. Even more sad is seeing innocent children, many under 2, wearing masks, which is an asphyxiation hazard and strongly discouraged, by the WHO and other health bodies. 

In every other Asian country (some of which had stricter penalties for not wearing a mask, such as Singapore) the population has now largely moved on. 

I do remember one radio broadcast in December 2022. As I was driving to Malaysia, the female presenter (this was somewhere around Nakorn Sri Thammarat) was telling Thais not to leave home unless necessary. Wear a mask at all times. Don't invite guests over. She was ranting on and on about Covid for about 15 minutes! This, in December 2022? No wonder Thais are so fearful, when this kind of extreme propaganda is still being disseminated months after the end of the state of emergency and during endemic status. It should be illegal to scare people to death like that. 

Meanwhile in Malaysia, there was just ONE reference to mask made on the radio the entire time I was there (I listened to the radio for hours at a time, while driving). It was basically "if you're sick with the flu or flu like symptoms, stay home or wear a mask". The rest of the time they were focusing more on washing food properly and washing your hands, as there was a flooding crisis unfolding. 

It proves just how differently the mentality is. One country is scaring its citizens to death, the other takes a measured, common sense approach. 

A superior farangy, Thais must do what you do....................:coffee1:

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

You’re right, it’s none of my business, the fearful such as yourself can wear face masks, shields and disposable gloves for the rest of your lives for all I care. What I do object to is people trying to silence debate, all too prevalent among the woke left. There has also been reference in this debate to small children being made to wear masks for the protection of fearful adults, even though they’re at virtually zero risk. That has to be the ultimate act of cowardice.

We will not be wearing them the rest of our lives, please get a grip man. 

My mum had to wear a huge gas mask when the siren went off for a very long time, she survived the dilemma, the girly blokes here seem to have their nickers in a twist.........????

I read this morning, that the WHO said the pandemic end is now in sight....

But I expect dip-sticks will not understand their wording...:huh:

1 minute ago, vandeventer said:

People wear the mask today for the ail pollution not covid.. In my area it's been in the hazardous range all week so if Thai people or myself want to wear a mask it has nothing to do with you.

The air pollution inside Makro just now was terrible, as most all were masked.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

We will not be wearing them the rest of our lives, please get a grip man. 

My mum had to wear a huge gas mask when the siren went off for a very long time, she survived the dilemma, the girly blokes here seem to have their nickers in a twist.........????

I read this morning, that the WHO said the pandemic end is now in sight....

But I expect dip-sticks will not understand their wording...:huh:

People worshiping the WHO like they are some kind of God......If the WHO said the pandemic was in full force in 2 days you better believe it would be......Some of us never believed a word of the pandemic nonsense from day #1......

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

People worshiping the WHO like they are some kind of God......If the WHO said the pandemic was in full force in 2 days you better believe it would be......Some of us never believed a word of the pandemic nonsense from day #1......

You are absolutely correct, the nut jobs ignoring the educated scientist's collective findings at WHO, because they think they know better, I call the  fruitcake brigade..........................:neus:.....................????

8 hours ago, Cricky said:

The many need to grow up and mind their own business.

The OP begging, PRETTY PLEASE........ childish.

Or a more realistic and reflective setting. 

The usual subliminal promotion of why the backward Thais [or any Asians] can't be more resembling of the highly civilised Farang. ????

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Three years later it's been highly proven that it was all BS - along with the wide variety of continuous repeated narratives. 

Too many are hanging on to the beloved officialdom......almost cult-like. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Or a more realistic and reflective setting. 

The usual subliminal promotion of why the backward Thais [or any Asians] can't be more resembling of the highly civilised Farang. ????

..................in Pattaya.....................:stoner:

On 3/28/2023 at 10:59 AM, Gaccha said:

* Off topic comments regarding wearing a hiqab edited out *

I invite you to think of the consequences.

What are the consequences for social solidarity when you can't see the other person? Do we need social solidarity? Do we need society? Can't we just sit in our rooms alone, munching cheetos and date AI chatbots? Why do we  even need to communicate with other humans? Why not upload ourselves and escape our meat bodies? Why not become Skygods?... 

In other words, your dismissive "what's the problem?" is exactly the problem. There is always a problem.

Yes... many go searching for problems,  especially when they have nothing to do. 

19 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

You keep referring to this article as a debate, it's not a debate, just because a few senile members with nothing else to do, have hijacked the posting and choose to talk nonsense and carry on talking about  unrelated issues you think it's a debate.   

The article, this posting is about an antagonizing guy begging for mask wearer's to ditch their masks.

More than likely a Thai basher.  

I reckon most Thai Bashers have evolved from a bad relationship, someone who has been burnt by an ex wife (bar girl) that he has had to marry for visa requirements, now they are bitter with Thai's and angry with themselves.   

I am worried about this Rooster guy, he seems unstable, I have concerns for his mental wellbeing.  

The comments on AN forums are always about assumptions, speculations and hypothesis, I'm joining the club.

Lots inspector Clouseau's and Columbo's here.   

BTW, all you fatties (there's lots here, breathing in the filthy polluted air, anti mask wearer's) stop eating that pizza, pretty please, ditch the KFC......now that's a debate?

Go ahead with your story telling, all you creative writer's. 

Edited by Cricky
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

There has also been reference in this debate to small children being made to wear masks for the protection of fearful adults, even though they’re at virtually zero risk. That has to be the ultimate act of cowardice.

Always bring small children into the debate... if that fails, we can try the 'fascists' or 'Nazis' tactics!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Always bring small children into the debate... if that fails, we can try the 'fascists' or 'Nazis' tactics!

You don't think that children still wearing masks is part of this debate? Maybe you think it's just old forkers like us that matter.

When I drop my kid off at school I'm still seeing the youngsters being walked in with a parent all masked up. The masking rule at this EP school was dropped this last Jan. And, please don't talk about pollution here, that's not the reason.

Kid's have such a small risk of covid, awhile back vaxxing the kids at school was a thing. My kid never got vaxxed and has never been sick. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

You don't think that children still wearing masks is part of this debate? Maybe you think it's just old forkers like us that matter.

When I drop my kid off at school I'm still seeing the youngsters being walked in with a parent all masked up. The masking rule at this EP school was dropped this last Jan. And, please don't talk about pollution here, that's not the reason.

Kid's have such a small risk of covid, awhile back vaxxing the kids at school was a thing. My kid never got vaxxed and has never been sick. 

Since the schools do not require it , I presume it is a decision made by the parents...  for whatever reason, and it might just be pollution.. I presume you have not asked the parents? 

I have no right to interfere with parent's decisions relating to their children.

Your kid never getting sick is irrelevant.. as far as I know neither have I, and am not using that fact to promote or disparage mask wearing.  

Edited by jacko45k

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Since the schools do not require it , I presume it is a decision made by the parents...  for whatever reason, and it might just be pollution.. I presume you have not asked the parents? 

I have no right to interfere with parent's decisions relating to their children.

Your kid never getting sick is irrelevant.. as far as I know neither have I, and am not using that fact to promote or disparage mask wearing.  

So you see nothing wrong with little kids having a mask strapped on all day at school and elsewhere? When the mask mandate at school was dropped my kid was the only one in class not wearing one. I was proud of her for not having to follow the crowd, no monkey see monkey doo.

Do you wear a mask while walking alone with no one around? While driving a car alone? I played the game before, I wore a mask while riding a motorbike alone just so I wouldn't stand out. 

8 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Do you wear a mask while walking alone with no one around? While driving a car alone? I played the game before, I wore a mask while riding a motorbike alone just so I wouldn't stand out. 

You say kids up there are masked despite the schools not requiring it? Really? I find that surprising. All day too, don't they eat or drink?

I live in Pattaya area and have not worn a mask for a long time.....

I was actually wearing one on my motorbike pre-Covid...  such is the pollution one encounters on the roads... I have stopped using the motorbike since post Covid.