Agoda Booking Scam

On 3/29/2023 at 9:25 AM, sandyf said:

Agoda is a subsidiary of Booking Holdings. When I initially had a problem I wrote to both Agoda and Booking Holdings by registered mail.

The fact that neither replied was part of the case put forward by the bank.

Yes it is part of Booking Holdings which is USA based, headquaters, Yet Agoda is a limited company within its own right in Singapore and therefore falls under Singapore law.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stupidfarang said:

Yes it is part of Booking Holdings which is USA based, headquaters, Yet Agoda is a limited company within its own right in Singapore and therefore falls under Singapore law.

That may well be the case and would apply had it been a cash transaction.

However when cards are involved the company is also subject to the rules and regulations of the card platform being used. The Visa platfom rules are extremely comprehensive and complex. this particular rule on compelling evidence is changing next month.

"Effective for pre-Arbitration attempts processed on or after 15 April 2023

Photographic or email evidence to prove a link between the person receiving the merchandise or services and the Cardholder, or to prove that the Cardholder disputing the Transaction is in possession of the merchandise and/or is using the merchandise or services."

https://www.visa.co.th/en_TH/support/consumer/visa-rules.html

On 3/31/2023 at 8:52 AM, sandyf said:

That may well be the case and would apply had it been a cash transaction.

However when cards are involved the company is also subject to the rules and regulations of the card platform being used. The Visa platfom rules are extremely comprehensive and complex. this particular rule on compelling evidence is changing next month.

"Effective for pre-Arbitration attempts processed on or after 15 April 2023

Photographic or email evidence to prove a link between the person receiving the merchandise or services and the Cardholder, or to prove that the Cardholder disputing the Transaction is in possession of the merchandise and/or is using the merchandise or services."

https://www.visa.co.th/en_TH/support/consumer/visa-rules.html

My case was a card transaction. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, sandyf said:

What exactly are you trying to say, only Singapore Law applies, not the card rules and regulations.?

I was clarifying that my case was a card transaction after you mentioned "That may well be the case and would apply had it been a cash transaction." I never said anything about card rules and regulations, was only sharing my experience and the action I took. 

8 hours ago, stupidfarang said:

I was clarifying that my case was a card transaction after you mentioned "That may well be the case and would apply had it been a cash transaction." I never said anything about card rules and regulations, was only sharing my experience and the action I took. 

This is how you replied to my post, which looks like you were saying only Singapore law applied, don't see any experience or action taken.

"Yes it is part of Booking Holdings which is USA based, headquaters, Yet Agoda is a limited company within its own right in Singapore and therefore falls under Singapore law."

On 4/5/2023 at 4:25 PM, sandyf said:

This is how you replied to my post, which looks like you were saying only Singapore law applied, don't see any experience or action taken.

"Yes it is part of Booking Holdings which is USA based, headquaters, Yet Agoda is a limited company within its own right in Singapore and therefore falls under Singapore law."

Man give it a rest, I said what I said I did not imply anything, if you wish to go on and on just because you think someone else is saying something differently from what they wrote then that is your problem.  Please finish your commenting and get on with life

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2023 at 4:01 AM, still kicking said:

Hahaha I used my credit card many years ago and it got hacked for a few hundred dollars I changed to Debit card and no problem since, but my bank refunded all the money. You got no idea a debit card is safer than a credit card a credit card you can overdraw but not so with a debit card 

Ccs have fees. Debit no fees. Best to leave little funds on it and link it to savings acc.

• Thanks 1