Good heavens, we have gotten old.

swissie

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Is that different to back home, in your experience?

You can decide that for yourself in relation to your own back home. Note I said, "a lot of truth," not an absolute, total, all-singing, all-dancing truth for you to bicker with. Sorry; you were starting to salivate.

In the Thai culture case I'm speaking of, health and fitness, most notably including lifting weights, are to this day promoted far less to Thai women than they are in the West to Western women. (Beauty products, different story.) Twenty-two years ago, unheard of here.

Hence my gf's "MAN do that." If she was gonna get into the gym, I had to go to a major effort to make it happen. In the West, plenty of available women around into fitness, could meet one at the gym; in fact, it was an old girlfriend there who started me on the road to health & fitness.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

You can decide that for yourself in relation to your own back home. Note I said, "a lot of truth," not an absolute, total, all-singing, all-dancing truth for you to bicker with. Sorry; you were starting to salivate.

In the Thai culture case I'm speaking of, health and fitness, most notably including lifting weights, are to this day promoted far less to Thai women than they are in the West to Western women. (Beauty products, different story.) Twenty-two years ago, unheard of here.

Hence my gf's "MAN do that." If she was gonna get into the gym, I had to go to a major effort to make it happen. In the West, plenty of available women around into fitness, could meet one at the gym; in fact, it was an old girlfriend there who started me on the road to health & fitness.

I’m in better shape than when I was visiting the gym ???? 

I decided to stop and focus on how my body actually worked, than just going through repetitive exercise. 
Now I carry myself in a completely different manner. Far more fluid and flexible. That doesn’t mean that I do no exercise at all; though in fact I do very little. Most of my exercise is just simple movements, allowing things to fall into place. 
I do some cardio and swimming as and when. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Sounds like you are just "existing" together. This is a good reason to never marry. You can always go the "trade in" route and get a newer model the comes with sex if you aren't married. I know so many guys in the same situation. Too bad. 

1 hour ago, NextG said:

I’m in better shape than when I was visiting the gym ???? 

Great; let's see the numbers to share in the good news.

image.png.be94d9cfec526366b1c0ce6f2dd80bdd.png

image.png.fcfa744bbdb6da26ba5a2dd03db0d368.png

HbA1c Test Chart (Hemoglobin A1c): Check HbA1c Normal Range, Levels,  Meaning & Full Form

VO2 Max Chart for Men.jpgimage.png.d30ca75fc78e1c58f119707e8b4a3bbd.png

But we don't know what shape you were in when you were visiting the gym. I see a lot of old fat guys in there. Nor did anyone at any time ever tell you that you had to do only strength training.

A comprehensive lab report, and your VO2 Max, will verify what kind of shape you're really in currently.

Edited by BigStar

On 3/30/2023 at 5:13 AM, swissie said:

We do not enjoy the fact that both of us are getting older by the day. We should have done "more" together when we were younger. When the clock was ticking a bit slower than now for the both of us.

Welcome to the elder human race. I think everyone regrets that they didn't do more when they could. I certainly do, and I did waaaaaay more than most.

As I get older the more the ghosts of the past come to haunt me, and the regret for things not done is my constant companion.

One of the reasons I keep posting instead of doing better things is that it helps me forget the regrets.

BTW, congrats on still being together. My marriage was my last hope of not being lonely in my last years, and that certainly didn't work out for me.

Just for that I envy you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Sounds like you are just "existing" together. This is a good reason to never marry. You can always go the "trade in" route and get a newer model the comes with sex if you aren't married. I know so many guys in the same situation. Too bad. 

Disagree 100%. In the end companionship beats being alone with a string of meaningless sexual temporary relationships. In the end, as Carly Simon sang, "the river doesn't seem to stop here anymore", but companionship lasts till the end, if we are lucky.

Don't get me wrong, a string of meaningless sexual temporary relationships beats being alone, PERIOD, but given the choice I'd rather have companionship without sex than sex without companionship.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Welcome to the elder human race. I think everyone regrets that they didn't do more when they could. I certainly do, and I did waaaaaay more than most.

As I get older the more the ghosts of the past come to haunt me, and the regret for things not done is my constant companion.

One of the reasons I keep posting instead of doing better things is that it helps me forget the regrets.

BTW, congrats on still being together. My marriage was my last hope of not being lonely in my last years, and that certainly didn't work out for me.

Just for that I envy you.

Don't think I could have managed much more in my life.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Don't get me wrong, a string of meaningless sexual temporary relationships beats being alone, PERIOD, but given the choice I'd rather have companionship without sex than sex without companionship.

Why not have both!

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Don't think I could have managed much more in my life.

You are lucky then.

I always regret I never got to go back to Antarctica, but I was stupid enough to get myself into a relationship instead.

Also, I'd like to have visited Japan and Taiwan.

I didn't even go to Aqaba before it got popular or Jordan to see Petra when I was working in Saudi. I had the opportunity, but I'd fallen in love with LOS and never went anywhere else.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

13 hours ago, BigStar said:

Great; let's see the numbers to share in the good news.

image.png.be94d9cfec526366b1c0ce6f2dd80bdd.png

image.png.fcfa744bbdb6da26ba5a2dd03db0d368.png

HbA1c Test Chart (Hemoglobin A1c): Check HbA1c Normal Range, Levels,  Meaning & Full Form

VO2 Max Chart for Men.jpgimage.png.d30ca75fc78e1c58f119707e8b4a3bbd.png

But we don't know what shape you were in when you were visiting the gym. I see a lot of old fat guys in there. Nor did anyone at any time ever tell you that you had to do only strength training.

A comprehensive lab report, and your VO2 Max, will verify what kind of shape you're really in currently.

Why are you posting nonsense?

Where did I write about strength training? I used to cycle more than 100kms daily, as part of my routine. My training always slow with deep breathing. Plus a lot more that would likely boggle your mind. 
Then I decided to get into repair mode and now my body works better than when I was in the gym. 
Enjoy your obsession with figures ????

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are lucky then.

I always regret I never got to go back to Antarctica, but I was stupid enough to get myself into a relationship instead.

Also, I'd like to have visited Japan and Taiwan.

I didn't even go to Aqaba before it got popular or Jordan to see Petra when I was working in Saudi. I had the opportunity, but I'd fallen in love with LOS and never went anywhere else.

It’s the ‘regret’ that’s killing you. It’s just a feeling that you are creating within yourself. It doesn’t need to exist. But you haven’t learned how to not do it. 
You are often writing as if it’s all over or almost all over. It’s a problem of your mind. I don’t think that I ever seen you write anything positive… for quite a while. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

Why are you posting nonsense?

What nonsense?

4 minutes ago, NextG said:

Where did I write about strength training? I used to cycle more than 100kms daily, as part of my routine.

So that was in the gym, when you weren't in such good shape as you are now????? Most men pay to strength train in a gym. Cardio can easily be done at home much less expensively.

10 minutes ago, NextG said:

Plus a lot more that would likely boggle your mind. 

Right.???? Scary, that.

11 minutes ago, NextG said:

Then I decided to get into repair mode and now my body works better than when I was in the gym. 

Great! And we'd like to celebrate that good news when you share the numbers that verify your body is now working better, though it's not clear how well it was working before it, you know, went all squishy.

14 minutes ago, NextG said:

Enjoy your obsession with figures ????

What obsession? Merely standard, objective markers from routine health checks. VO2 Max, the standard indicator of cardio fitness, can be calculated. Nothing to hide here, really.

Well, I think we've reached a dead end, and your post to which I responded is off-topic anyway. My point's been made. ????

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, BigStar said:

What nonsense?

So that was in the gym, when you weren't in such good shape as you are now????? Most men pay to strength train in a gym. Cardio can easily be done at home much less expensively.

Right.???? Scary, that.

Great! And we'd like to celebrate that good news when you share the numbers that verify your body is now working better, though it's not clear how well it was working before it, you know, went all squishy.

What obsession? Merely standard, objective markers from routine health checks. VO2 Max, the standard indicator of cardio fitness, can be calculated. Nothing to hide here, really.

Well, I think we've reached a dead end, and your post to which I responded is off-topic anyway. My point's been made. ????

Why write in such a ‘offended’ manner? Squishy? No need to sharpen your nails. I’m not going to join your cat fight. 
As I posted earlier, I simply allowed my body to work in the way it should, as opposed to pushing it relentlessly. 
The people living around me regularly comment on my shape. I don’t seek to impress, so it’s always a pleasant surprise. 
Of course you think you know it better… I don’t mind. 
You keep running after your figures… there’s a good boy. 

2 hours ago, NextG said:

It’s the ‘regret’ that’s killing you. It’s just a feeling that you are creating within yourself. It doesn’t need to exist. But you haven’t learned how to not do it. 
You are often writing as if it’s all over or almost all over. It’s a problem of your mind. I don’t think that I ever seen you write anything positive… for quite a while. 

Sorry, but I'm well past use by date and have no wish to hang around in a rest home which is not far off if nature doesn't eliminate me first.

So for me it is almost all over, not that I have any desire to live longer. No family or girlfriend to want to carry on for.

Never was the term "God's waiting room" more valid.

I do write quite a lot that is positive, so you must have missed those posts. On any thread complaining about Thailand I'll be there pointing out why it's the best country in the world.

It's hard to find anything positive to write about when politics is just barking crazy these sad days, and the human race is busily polluting itself into oblivion.

Feel free to put my posts on ignore though. After I put about 20 posters on ignore my posting experience was much improved.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sorry, but I'm well past use by date and have no wish to hang around in a rest home which is not far off if nature doesn't eliminate me first.

So for me it is almost all over, not that I have any desire to live longer. No family or girlfriend to want to carry on for.

Never was the term "God's waiting room" more valid.

I do write quite a lot that is positive, so you must have missed those posts. On any thread complaining about Thailand I'll be there pointing out why it's the best country in the world.

It's hard to find anything positive to write about when politics is just barking crazy these sad days, and the human race is busily polluting itself into oblivion.

Feel free to put my posts on ignore though. After I put about 20 posters on ignore my posting experience was much improved.

Q.E.D.

You perhaps misunderstand me. Your style of posting doesn’t hurt me. I just note the ‘doom and gloom’ and general negativity. 
When you were in Thailand, you would at least be somewhat more ‘engaged’. I could even relate to some of your posts. Since you left, you seem to be quite negative about everything. 
It’s an observation, not a criticism. 

Many problems, including physical, stem from your state of mind. 
It’s your mind that is doing you in. 

• Like 1

I have actually surprised myself with the amount of daily physical exercise I cope with on the farm, more inclined to do it as a hobby too 

Wife is 20+ years younger than me just hitting middle age spread but still attractive and sexy, which we both enjoy

I thought this was the destiny of all of us who married younger Thai lovelies

In mirror when I am tired I probably do look my age I'm afraid, when feeling good perhaps not so much 

Life is good ????

Unfortunately I don't like getting old , apart from the decreased life we have ,(many of us will go between 78 & 84) there is the added illness's too 

I'm probably looking at a liver transplant and looks like a kidney transplant down the track .

I will get my heart checked soon too hopefully that will be ok 

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Disagree 100%. In the end companionship beats being alone with a string of meaningless sexual temporary relationships. In the end, as Carly Simon sang, "the river doesn't seem to stop here anymore", but companionship lasts till the end, if we are lucky.

"I'd rather have companionship without sex than sex without companionship."..... sex without companionship?

If there was a younger woman there with you every day making you smile in many ways I don't see how that could be considered "without companionship". You'd rather stay with a cold woman simply because you've been with her so long? If she cared about you she wouldn't be cold and offer no sex. She doesn't care about you. She played you to get what she wanted, money and security. If she still really cared about you she'd take care of you the same way she did when you first got together. 

There are so many men in the world that want more out of a relationship. That's why so many move to Thailand and leave the cold wife behind.

"I'd rather have companionship without sex"... buy a dog.

On 3/31/2023 at 7:30 PM, NextG said:

Q.E.D.

You perhaps misunderstand me. Your style of posting doesn’t hurt me. I just note the ‘doom and gloom’ and general negativity. 
When you were in Thailand, you would at least be somewhat more ‘engaged’. I could even relate to some of your posts. Since you left, you seem to be quite negative about everything. 
It’s an observation, not a criticism. 

Many problems, including physical, stem from your state of mind. 
It’s your mind that is doing you in. 

Perhaps time to end this particular sidetrack, but it's hard to be happy when one is surrounded by the sort of idiot that thinks everyone else wants to share in their <deleted> choice of electronic noise played at level 11.

Wearing earplugs for hours really sucks big time. Just as well I don't need audio to post on here.

16 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

There are so many men in the world that want more out of a relationship. That's why so many move to Thailand and leave the cold wife behind.

"I'd rather have companionship without sex"... buy a dog.

LOL. I did move to Thailand to get everything out of a relationship but I picked the wrong woman.

I would get a dog, but I'm not allowed to where I live, and they are a bit hard to hide.

On 3/30/2023 at 2:54 PM, LALes said:

When I look in the mirror, I think, "that can't be accurate."  So much for attracting the superstars of 20 years ago.

Old Father Time.  He will humble the best of us.

I have a female friend of many years and whenever I'm over in her vicinity we have lunch and catch up. Couldn't believe how much she had aged last time we met up.

I can't look my age as I'm quite often asked what work I do, when I started on the pension many years ago. Perhaps they think I'm a dole bludger or something like that.