NY grand jury votes to indict Donald Trump, sources tell CNN

Scott

1 hour ago, Can samui said:

I guess you are not a true student of history.

Al Capone, everyone knew he was a murderer, thief and racketeer but he had good lawyers and deniability so they got him for tax evasion. At least they got him.

I know that part of history.

But they  didn't have the internet and social media at that time.

And I am pretty sure Al Capone didn't have about 70 million supporters in the USA.

I would be delighted if Trump ends up in jail, for any reason. But I am realistic enough to understand that it is not a good idea to upset 70 million people because basically he paid a hooker. Yes, the case is more complicated, but how many of his supporters will understand that and even if they understand it they won't care. They will say: Look at Hunter Biden, why is he not in jail? And, in a way, they have a valid point. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I encourage Trump supporters to go out and protest, break the law even.  More Trump supporters in jail would actually Make America Great Again.

Do you have anything of relevance to say on the subject?

Stop press- just heard on radio news. Someone in CNN ( didn't catch the name ) said that this case may help Trump politically. That it came from CNN shows that it has to be a consideration.

Unintended consequences and all that, LOL.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We don’t yet know what the NY indictments are, they’ve not been unsealed.

Feel free to imagine anything you like that offers you comfort.

I predict it's the Stormy Daniels payments.

What do you think it is?

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Unfortunately that is not entirely true.

I am pretty sure if Trump would not be such a public dividing figure then nobody would care about that little (maybe) case. 

This is only a very prominent case now because he is a presidential candidate for 2024.

That doesn't mean he is innocent. But how many complicated cases like that are running again other people? I guess very few. 

I gave that a thumbs up.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Can samui said:

I guess you are not a true student of history.

Al Capone, everyone knew he was a murderer, thief and racketeer but he had good lawyers and deniability so they got him for tax evasion. At least they got him.

There's lots of stories like this in US criminal history.  Another legend of the past (before my time, but I first heard about when I was a kid) was a notorious crime boss/labor union bigshot who they brought down for wearing a stolen wristwatch.  Best stick with a cheap Timex was my lesson learned there.  :smile:

• Haha 2