Brit and Singapore pensioners rounded up in Bangkok on long overstays "to protect Thailand and stop losses"

webfact

16 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

Bill I agree, I meant from the standpoint of respect rather than financially.

Respect does not pay the bills nor does it put food on the table.

It is worth as much as a politicians promise, come election time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Can you even begin to imagine what it going to be like in Phuket over the coming months?.......If anyone decides to do anything about the Russians that is.

The Russian escapees will  be running a taxi and tour service for Russian tourists.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

What a nice kind hearted comment you made.

I take it that you are a perfect person to live in Thailand.

You would never break any law nor go even faster than 1 kph over the speed limit, never do ANYTHING against ANY Thai law.

Best you hope to continue your life like that, never put a foot out of place or do anything wrong in your life here.

Because if you do, then somebody will dob you in for sure.

And one day they will come for you, as there will be nobody else left to come for.

But your dogs IQ is probably higher than yours, and it most probably has more sympathy too.

I just don't get you people.  He overstays, as too many do, then you whine and moan about the immigration requirements here, that are in place because of idiots like him.  Some people on here clearly need a logic implant. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

It's shameful really on Thailand....why can't they show some respect to the elderly and change to "Over 75 years of age, Visa renewal ....no charge!"

Why?  They are not a charity.  Follow the rules or leave. The Thai's have absolutely no responsibility for this man, a man who can't even follow simple immigration rules.   The Thais have enough bottom feeders in their own population, without putting up with foreign ones too.   

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Let he who is without any sin, cast the first stone.

Personally I would use my Nelson eye to my telescope and my selectively deaf ear.

We are not talking about 'sin' here.  He broke immigration law. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

And did any of those pensioners commit robbery, rape and murder? Overstay, yes, BUT they paid their way and cost the Thai government nothing.

IF they were committing real crimes I would be in agreement, but they weren't.

A quote from Charles Dickens for you.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/the-law-is-an-ass.html

What's the meaning of the phrase 'The law is an ass'?
The law is an ass is a derisive expression said when the the rigid application of the letter of the law is seen to be contrary to common sense.

What tosh.  You can't pick and choose what laws you will follow and what you can ignore.  Yes, the Thais do that, and look what damage and mayhem results. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

What tosh.  You can't pick and choose what laws you will follow and what you can ignore.  Yes, the Thais do that, and look what damage and mayhem results. 

Do you mean you obey every law in every country you are /have been in?

Not bought a little Chang in the Mom & pop between 2-5pm  etc!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

We are not talking about 'sin' here.  He broke immigration law. 

And you have never broken any law in any country that you have been in.

What a perfect person you must be.

I am so glad that I have never met you, and never had you as a neighbour.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And you have never broken any law in any country that you have been in.

What a perfect person you must be.

I am so glad that I have never met you, and never had you as a neighbour.

I certainly try not to, as surely everyone does; maybe not you, but most normal people. I certainly follow immigration law, to the letter. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Good to see the 90 day reporting working well .....

And the Immigration "smart cars" and their associated technology.....  ????

Ohh... the irony of running all the law-abiding types (myself included) through the 90-day reporting and annual extensions and sometimes surprise TM30 filing requirements month after month, year after year....

While meanwhile, these guys live here for as long as a decade doing absolutely none of that, before the bogeyman finally comes knocking at their door....

I mean, most likely, the original arrival of the Brit was recorded via some air entry to the country. And then after that, nothing... And somehow, Immigration couldn't manage to figure out what happened to a guy who was recorded entering the country and then nothing official of him either staying or leaving....

Until someone finally came along and, apparently, snitched him out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Do you mean you obey every law in every country you are /have been in?

Not bought a little Chang in the Mom & pop between 2-5pm  etc!

Yes I do, as it would be incredibly stupid not to know and follow the law.

I don't drink alcohol, so no, I haven't. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Simply more racist rhetoric in the anti-foreigner campaign that has been underway since tourism returned to Thailand.

They want our money, oh yes, and have finessed how to relieve us of it down to a fine art. But it seems they don't want us so much.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Mr Dome said:

How would any stranger know your visa status? ????

I've known a couple of people turned in to immigration. Both were reported by other foreigners, former 'friends' they'd had a falling-out with on quite petty issues.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Adumbration said:

invested in a conservative mutual fund earning 7%

Wow! Yes a conservative risk averse % return pre 2008. Indeed a return on which I, self employed nearly all my working life, had based funding for my retirement which would with the meagre UK state pension have provided a comfortable but not excessive life style without eating too much capital. Since the global financial crash of 2008 returns on " safe" investments have been more like one big fat zero and in to the negative once fees are taken. Only those lucky enough to have a corporate terminal pay based pension can say they are quids in. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

I would not break any Forum's confidentiality.  Members have a right to anonymity and free speech on here. 

But you don't know who members are on the outside.......:whistling:

You stated you are a grass..........:coffee1:

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, transam said:

You stated you are a grass..........:coffee1:

Grass ? This is not a school playground, or the exercise yard of a Jail. Yes I would call out illegality.. its called being a responsible citizen and in this case, a responsible Thai visitor.  Would you accept open drug dealing in your neighborhood for example? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

13 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Why?  They are not a charity.  Follow the rules or leave. The Thai's have absolutely no responsibility for this man, a man who can't even follow simple immigration rules.   The Thais have enough bottom feeders in their own population, without putting up with foreign ones too.   

Your point is lost on the 95% of posters who aren't even in Thailand and probably have never been, except in their dreams. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ChipButty said:

I would think most of the members here are very honest, straight yes or no, 

Perhaps the poll could include some test questions, such as, are you handum, does your partner rate you highly in bed, are you very wealthy, that kind of thing. 

19 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

So what, they broke the Law, no sympathy whatsoever.  Its the actions of idiots like this that mean the rest of us have to put up with 90 day reports, entry permits and only 12 month extensions.  Throw them all out, so well done immigration. 

200w.gif.68b6d68f36530b16839c629b703c3792.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

95% of posters here are not in Thailand? I think we should have a poll on that, 

Goodness me, I think the poster you responded to has lost it.....I wuld say that the majority who post are in Thailand and that other small percentage were here and have left for elsewhere, but will return here, and have friends or family here....I myself am replying via a space VPN from Mars.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1