Brit and Singapore pensioners rounded up in Bangkok on long overstays "to protect Thailand and stop losses"

webfact

On 3/31/2023 at 9:23 AM, Mike Teavee said:

I can’t help but feel sorry for the Brit, he’ll be deported back to the UK that he’s not visited in over a decade with likely no where to stay & hardly a pot to p155 in.  

The UK is No Country For Old Men 

yup, he is well and truly buggered.

59 minutes ago, transam said:

I guess 99.9% who read here know what a grass is, you, "responsible citizen", well you can make a few bahts being responsible in LOS, but if I were you, I would keep it well quiet......Dr. Forum Grass............:glare:

I wonder if that was the attitude in Liverpool over the past few months , when a little girl was killed and nobody was prepared to come forward and finger the culprit, until his ex did so. The immature, school play ground attitude of some of these posts is just pathetic.  

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4

15 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

I've known a couple of people turned in to immigration. Both were reported by other foreigners, former 'friends' they'd had a falling-out with on quite petty issues.   

That lines up with my thinking, that they let it slip to someone that they were on overstay.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 9:44 AM, Mickeymaus said:

There could be different reasons for his overstay. Perhaps a criminal hiding in Thailand? We don't know. Also these people need to finance their stay here. Perhaps not this old guy but others start to work illegally or commit crimes to get money. In any case these people don't care much about laws and regulations. No need to have them here. And for this old guy - there are other countries with warm weather. So there are still options left if he doesn't want to stay in the UK. And don't blame Thailand for their fate. These people are to blame. 

Took them over 10 years to catch him...real proper coppers we got here

• Like 1

Weird choice of words in this article, such as losses, trouble etc, 2 old boys renting apartments,  spending money in shops n restaurants etc etc , so they are contributing to the economy ,of course all that doesn't exonerate them but they luv LOS  ,I should grant them asylum tho 55

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Weird choice of words in this article, such as losses, trouble etc, 2 old boys renting apartments,  spending money in shops n restaurants etc etc , so they are contributing to the economy ,of course all that doesn't exonerate them but they luv LOS  ,I should grant them asylum tho 55

Exactly.

Yet we still have the "African Faction" in Lower Sukhumvit openly selling drugs?

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2023 at 1:39 AM, webfact said:

When the British man appeared he resembled the person that the informant had told them about and was accosted.

AN really needs to get their stories written by native English speakers.????????????

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2023 at 1:39 AM, webfact said:

Immigration had been told by secret informers that two old foreigners were living in Sukhumvit Soi 42/1 in the Phrakhanong area and Pracha Uthit Soi 37 in Bang Mot, Thung Khru.

Secret Informers..........my rear end.  I have no idea how they found out but I think these claims are just done to spread suspicion.

Surely their own records will tell them who's not left when their stay expired?  They won't necessarily have an address but why would anyone else know they were on overstay?

Don't believe it.