Have you ever been to jail

I am going to answer the Cemeteries part of the question that was inferred, rather than implied.  Some of my favourite cycling routes pass by or through cemeteries.  There is one nice ride that passes with the Muslim cemetery to the left, and the crematorium to the right.  It is not such a nice ride going up the hill.  We went to visit a former colleague - a late colleague - at the crematorium, the day before his ceremony.

Near the big Hokkien cemetery on the edge of the city, there is the Nirvana crematorium, with what looks like a residential waiting room adjacent.  There was a pack of stray dogs hanging about outside, I’ve never seen them gnawing on bones, and I always struggle not to imagine it.  The pub in the middle of the cemetery was not open the first time that we passed by (to be fair, it was 10 am) and now is gone completely.  Unlike Diggers (the Athletic Arms) on Ardmillan Terrace, opposite the cemetery, which I have never cycled past.

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

I've been (for a few minutes to complete some paperwork on a charged soldier) inside 2 military police jails.

Terrifying and never forgotten. Over 50 years later the memories of what I saw (just in the military jails) still come back.

You where there for a few minutes and it is haunting you after 50 years?  What a joke.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, scorecard said:

Read again, I didn't say I saw 1 incident.  For soldiers who saw active service including buddies shot and killed right near you, limbs blown off and more there must obviously be a build up.

Never mind, not your problem.

Hmm, only as a “visitor”. Historical facilities mostly. I can honestly state that I have sat in the Electric Chair … this was at Eddyville, Kentucky as part of a “Leadership Kentucky” program where we were being exposed to the issues involved in Law Enfocement across the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

• Like 2