Have you ever been to jail

I like this song about jail.

Hello Dad ... I'm In Jail - YouTube

I have often felt cemeteries are an anachronism in these times. Taking up real estate near cities.

I don't see a point going out to a cemetery to see the dead. Particularly in the age of photos, video, and online tributes. To me the person is no more in the cemetery than elsewhere and the gravestone or marker has no particular significance.

Many go for the big stone or even a mausoleum. Competition to impress can make it to the afterlife. 

Fair enough that due to religious beliefs and other reasons many feel differently. It might be good if there can be a change in mindset so that it is not seen as disrespectful to disconnect the link between the person and some bones in the ground. Could have a time limit of say 100 years so that it is there only while people who knew you are alive not dead. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, still kicking said:

Yes, been to jail about 40 years ago when I was in the army for not returning on time 

Yep, military jail also, during a tour of duty in Belfast.

I was in Immigration jail in Russia.

I flew from Moscow to Dnipro in Ukraine, but the plane never made it (don't know why we landed instead in Rostov). Because everyone on the plane was already checked out of Russia via Immigration but we were still in Russia, we were marched off the plane in silence and taken to a holding cell, where we sat. No explanation. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Your doctor, or your tailor?

if your tailor is able to make a medical diagnosis, that's fine! as far as i'm concerned, a tailor takes care of my clothes, a doctor of my health! i hope i answered your question

11 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

There is one nice ride that passes with the Muslim cemetery to the left, and the crematorium to the right.  It is not such a nice ride going up the hill.

For a second I thought I knew the same ride, but the Muslim cemetery was on the right, the crematorium to the left and it was a nice ride going down the hill.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Yes ... 9 times ????

9 misdemeanors

1 felony .. carrying concealed firearm, no permit, as FL not recognizing out of state (PA) permits at the time. 

All adjudicated with no conviction, all expunged after 1 yr probation, if any sentence at all.  Most small fines, later expunged.  Have no criminal record.

Yes 15 months first offence charge unlawful wounding an intruder result fell out of any sort of love with the UK 

Actions taken anything that I can get away with its not easy to forget decades later ????

1 minute ago, sammieuk1 said:

Yes 15 months first offence charge unlawful wounding an intruder result fell out of any sort of love with the UK 

Actions taken anything that I can get away with its not easy to forget decades later ????

You re allowed to use reasonable force to stop an intruder though .

Did you over do it in stopping the intruder ?

Twice as a kid, but only overnight. I was headed towards a life of crime, and was saved by my ex, who had enough common sense to talk me out of my foolishness. 

I love prison films. I find them utterly fascinating, in a repulsive sort of manner. Prison is my worst nightmare. Prison, anywhere. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

That is absolutely crazy. One should be allowed to do as one pleases with an intruder. You know the system is broken when you get locked up for defending your own. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

In a situation like that, I would imagine it would be very easy to overdo it, to stop an intruder. You don't know what their full intentions are, and you are protecting the lives of your family, and self. Anything goes. I would not hesitate to take someone out. 

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Twice as a kid, but only overnight.

As were all mine, most ROR, or minimal bail, usually local, so bail usual just enough to cover small fine, JIC, you no show.

Visited a guy a few times who got locked up on Samui, for dealing ganga, several years back. He was given a choice of paying a million baht to the corrupt RTP, or serving 18 months. He could not raise the money. 

He told me 60 men slept in a room that was about 20 meters by 10 meters. If you laid down on the floor (no beds, only straw mats), and kept your arms folded over your chest all night, you could avoid touching the guy next to you. And the smells. No AC, barely enough fans. A nightmare. 

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I was in Immigration jail in Russia.

I flew from Moscow to Dnipro in Ukraine, but the plane never made it (don't know why we landed instead in Rostov). Because everyone on the plane was already checked out of Russia via Immigration but we were still in Russia, we were marched off the plane in silence and taken to a holding cell, where we sat. No explanation. 

Typical of the Russian officials. Cossack behavior. 

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

No. I am a Law Abiding Citizen.

I am also a law abiding citizen, if I agree with that law, if not I will try and work my way round it, and yes, I have been in Jail, a tour of kilmainham Jail in Dublin.

33 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It would be hard to say exactly what reasonable force is. If I came home and found an intruder in my house and put him down, that would not be the end of it, I would make sure he stayed down and was incapable of getting up, I am not going to try and not hurt him as he could have a hidden knife or even a gun.

South Africa, yes - half a night in the cells (it was late) drinking in a public place.

Tanzania, almost - arrested at gun point outside a local courthouse for sounding the car horn (it was an accident) marched into the court and promptly sentenced to a week in prison (a 'fine' alternative was negotiated in the back room).

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

Google Duncan Ferguson (brawny Everton striker) and how he dealt with home intruders on 2 separate occasions . Both times he hospitalized them but no conviction/charges ensued (he was jailed on a separate wounding charge in unrelated incident ). NO ONE breaks into his house now ! ???? 

55 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

That is absolutely crazy. One should be allowed to do as one pleases with an intruder. You know the system is broken when you get locked up for defending your own. 

Look up the difference between Duncan Ferguson (powerful Everton footballer) who twice hospitalized intruders in his home (no charges) and Tony Martin who shot two intruders (killing one 16 year old boy) who were actually fleeing the scene (he was jailed). One was deemed proportionate and the latter not. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I am also a law abiding citizen, if I agree with that law, if not I will try and work my way round it, and yes, I have been in Jail, a tour of kilmainham Jail in Dublin.

Obviously, not many posters have seen the film.

One night in Belgium jail for a problem while driving onto the ferry at zeebrugge .

The guard asked me did you enjoy our hotel when leaving , I replied very nice i will recomend to my friends .

It was very disgusting actually , but a good lesson for me that i have carried with me to this day .