Andrew Tate and brother speak after release from custody

Social Media

Controversial social media influencer Andrew Tate and his brother Tristan have been moved from custody to house arrest following a ruling by a Romanian judge.

The ruling by the Court of Appeal in Bucharest replaces the latest period of custody, which was to end on 29 April.

Two associates, Georgiana Naghel and Luana Radu, are also being released.

All four have been ordered to stay in the buildings where they live, unless they have judicial permission to leave.

A spokeswoman for the Tate brothers told the BBC the brothers were "ecstatic".

The brothers have been detained since December and are being investigated on allegations of rape, people trafficking and forming an organised crime group. Both have denied wrongdoing.

Lawyers for Mr Tate have argued that keeping him in preventative custody is unnecessarily harsh, when other judicial options such as house arrest are available.

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Would you prefer to read about the Oscars or another MeToo accusation? 

Yes. Anything other than giving that twit (please replace the "i" with an "a" in your head ????) any coverage. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, placeholder said:

Kind of a meaningless statement, no? How would it be public knowledge what evidence prosecutors may have amassed against him?

Ah. The old "no smoke without fire" line. 

They wouldn't have locked him up for 3 months if they didn't have something on him, right ?

I think Tate is an idiot but this is a hatchet job, pure and simple. 

Let them present their evidence. If they had anything it would have been leaked to the left wing press by now. But we hear nothing except rumours.

His fan base will grow exponentially unfortunately.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

They wouldn't have locked him up for 3 months if they didn't have something on him, right ?

Let them present their evidence. If they had anything it would have been leaked to the left wing press by now. But we hear nothing except rumours.

Let’s see your evidence that he was arrested for his opinions.

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

I didn't say anything of the sort. You're the one claiming that there is no fire. I asked you how can you know that? Do prosecutors release the findings of an ongoing investigation before it's concluded? And your evidence is that

"If they had anything it would have been leaked to the left wing press by now. But we hear nothing except rumours." It is to laugh.