Chinese student here only 20 days kidnapped, tortured and murdered by evil gang from China

webfact

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, they left the country before the kidnapping was reported to the police, how could the police have stopped them from leaving?

Artificial intelligence? Lighten up Lou, or is it just a scouser thing?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Purdey said:

Amazing how they know who did it and unfortunately couldn't catch them

The kidnapping wasn't reported to the police until the day after they left the country and a couple of days after the killing.  How would you expect the RTP to catch people who haven't been reported to them, neither had the crime?

8 minutes ago, Chicksaw said:
10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How would you expect the RTP to catch people who haven't been reported to them, neither had the crime?

Presentiment. All good forces have them.

What the duck are you talking about, ESP?  'Kin ridiculous assertion.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

I'm just someone who observes but knows his opinions are not based on any comprehensive insight into the given subject. It seems to me that immigration enforcement should search all of the Chinese passports on file, as well as any permits issued, and track these people's movements, looking for any red flags. I don't know what else to suggest, but Chinese organized criminals are a horrible scourge tainting an otherwise wonderful place. 

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Thanks. Immigration are utterly obnoxious, repulsive, highly xenophobic, and beyond toxic. 

That has no been my experience where I live. They are simply civil servants doing a procedural job.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They don't need to, the regular RTP are doing that but they cannot act before a crime is committed or before they are advised of it!

"...better off going after REAL criminals who kill people?"

It sounds as though you're suggesting that murder is the only crime that should be investigated.  I take it that the Immigration officials in your country have abandoned their posts in order to do the work of the police force or are you just advocating it for Thailand?

I agree the regular RTP investigate regular crime

Crime by foreigners also would also come under their purview, now wouldn't the regular RTP need to get assistance from the immigration cops to get addressees, pictures etc of potential suspects, or can they access the immigration database, that's a genuine question, I don't know.?

What I am suggesting is that arresting over stayers is fair enough, as it is illegal, and is easy pickings,  and almost every day we see on AN, pictures of 4 or 5 or 6 cops behind a person on overstay? What a waste of police time? So in any day how many cops are getting their pictures taken and how much time is being wasted? Rhetorical question.

Murder is of course not the only crime and I was not suggesting it was, but it is one the most foul/worse crimes, unlike a person on overstay, who has only hurt him/her-self.

"  I take it that the Immigration officials in your country have abandoned their posts in order to do the work of the police force or are you just advocating it for Thailand?"

You take it wrong, and I never inferred that!

Surely the Government have intelligence networks like they do in my country, like the FBI, NSA DEA etc that collect information on potential suspects and then if they enter the country,(Thailand in this case) immigration police would get flagged?

Immigration in my country work with other agencies all the time and share information to nab the bad people.

Are you suggesting Thailand can't do something similar, or at least try to?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Strange story, why do it in Thailand when everyone involved is from China

Simply because if your child is away in a foreign country the parents will feel more vulnerable and have less control so more likely to just pay up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Swift said:

I'm just someone who observes but knows his opinions are not based on any comprehensive insight into the given subject. It seems to me that immigration enforcement should search all of the Chinese passports on file, as well as any permits issued, and track these people's movements, looking for any red flags. I don't know what else to suggest, but Chinese organized criminals are a horrible scourge tainting an otherwise wonderful place. 

Whilst that may be a pragmatic suggestion, and I concur, I get a feeling some of the woke mob would suggest it could be racist?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Chinese organized criminals are a horrible scourge tainting an otherwise wonderful place. 

China? You mean apart from the dictatorial rule, persecution of minorities, 1984 style censorship of history and internet and face recognition spy cameras, slaughter, often torturous,  of 20,000,000 dogs a year and the illegal wild life trade reaping organs and body parts for medicines and flesh for exotic foods. Otherwise a wonderful place!

Edited by Spock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/3/2023 at 1:51 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Strange story, why do it in Thailand when everyone involved is from China

Probably easier for them to operate here - they fly under the radar as nobody pays attention to them until some big news like this breaks - and they're literally already gone when it does. Gotta wonder how many such gangs there are that we don't hear about because they're successful and release the victims instead of murdering them.

Thailand has done great in arresting and deporting some of the bigger fish recently, but there's still probably thousands (at least) of small-time crooks here, including all nationalities but of course many Chinese. Reminds me of what some guy once told me: "the thing I like about Thailand is that it has no extradiction treaty with France" - I did not inquire why that's a concern...

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 3:48 PM, Jonathan Swift said:

Chinese organized criminals are a horrible scourge tainting an otherwise wonderful place. 

and who operated, till recently, with absolute  impunity because of widespread corruption among officials in just about every Govt department of this "otherwise wonderful place".  lol