Non immigrant O 1 year extension fail

1 minute ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

Sorry, Im in my 30s, so please forgive me if I dont understand what a... morality ticket is.. or indeed, where I would purchase such an antiquated sounding item.

Corruption is ingrained in societies, (its the one point you got right). Its riddled Thailand like a disease, because people like you, tell yourselves, you are more important than everyone else, at the expense of everyone else.

I fortunately take responsibility for my life, even in error, and dont look to pass it off, into the realm of criminality for an "easier life."

Maybe its because theres so much of it left to live, Im not so desperate to sell my wife or my children down the sewage canals, created by those like you.

Perhaps if people didnt denigrate themselves, like you clearly do, institutions like immigration, wouldnt be the cestpit of detritus that it is.

Of course if you could read, as all others managed, you would notice that my prose state very dinstinctly, that for me, personally, its not something i want to promulgate. So I choose not to, and, answered as much, as a reply to another's comment, rather than some political activity you seemed to have framed it as.

I made no further judgement on others, but as you pushed me, I feel it now an imperative to disabuse you of your morally bankrupt piety.

Your funny. 

Enjoy Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That is correct.

However as usual some stupid offices will still insist on the two months.

Think that was mentioned in thread link I posted earlier.

Thinking CM would be fine.

The OP really needs to chat with his immigration office.

Sometimes "alternatives" are provided/suggested. 

The only issue I forsee is school pictures, they are home schooled. That and I also read in the child support exrension, is namely for those partners of dead or divorced thai nationals, so as to care for a child.

7 minutes ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

The only issue I forsee is school pictures, they are home schooled. That and I also read in the child support exrension, is namely for those partners of dead or divorced thai nationals, so as to care for a child.

You would already fail on the first item.

Being enrolled in school along with required photos it's my understanding that is a fail.

Home schooling....????

Edited by DrJack54

8 hours ago, Caldera said:

Starting over with a fresh Non-O visa from a nearby embassy or consulate is your best option in this case. A bit of an effort, but 100% above board. 

Agreed - as I have already stated up thread, Savannakhet would IMHO appear to be the OP's optimal destination of choice in view of his present financial situation.

OP - Google "site:aseannow.com savannakhet" to view a number of reports on here from those who have recently obtained non-O visas from the Savannakhet Consulate.

42 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Agreed - as I have already stated up thread, Savannakhet would IMHO appear to be the OP's optimal destination of choice in view of his present financial situation.

OP - Google "site:aseannow.com savannakhet" to view a number of reports on here from those who have recently obtained non-O visas from the Savannakhet Consulate.

The only issue now is my extension runs out on the 7th.

I was going to go today to savannakhet.

Get it done tomo wed 5th

But its a thai holiday on the 6th.....

So one day and then chaos on the friday....

If theres only 2 people on a wednesday why cant they go back to same day fulfilment...

I tried vientienne online appointment apparent nothing this side of april....tit

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Unfortunately the OP has used his 60 day extension to visit wife. 

He stated......

Can you use those once a year?

....Or is it one time exemption per wife?

7 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Can you use those once a year?

....Or is it one time exemption per wife?

It is once per visa used to gain entry into Thailand. As in my case this visa could have been used many years ago, with permissions to stay in Thailand being subsequently extended on an annual basis.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 9:47 AM, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

If this is not a possibility how would a border bounce work coming back in on a 15 day tourist visa and extending to marriage non O?

It is looking increasingly likely to me in the light of your subsequent comments that the only practical option now open to you is to do a border run before Friday (7th), returning to Thailand with a 30-day visa exemption (reduced from 45 days since 1 April) which you will then need to convert to a single-entry 90-day non-O visa for marriage at your local immigration office. Official requirements are spelt out in the following link:-

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/6.FOR-PROVIDING-SUPPORT-TO-OR-BEING-A-DEPENDANT-OF-A-THAI-CITIZEN-SPOUSE-VISA-NON-O.pdf

As I understand 7.2, there won't be a 2-month seasoning requirement for your 400k in the bank in this instance - although you may well be required to prove its foreign origins. But, first and foremost, I would strongly advise you to discuss this whole approach with your local immigration office ASAP (ie tomorrow the 5th at the very absolute latest as the office will be closed on the 6th for Chakri Day).

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

31 minutes ago, OJAS said:

- although you may well be required to prove its foreign origins

@Foreignheight6foot2 - upon reflection I don't think that this will be necessary in your case. While this requirement is explicitly stated for non-O conversions based on retirement, it isn't for conversions based on marriage. Alas I missed the bus for editing my post further!????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

there won't be a 2-month seasoning requirement for your 400k in the bank in this instance

@Foreignheight6foot2 - it occurs to me that, if you were to lodge your application for a non-O conversion at least 8 days after you had been re-admitted into Thailand with a 30-day visa exemption, the 400k would have been seasoned for 2 months in any event. Just beware, though, that you would need to submit a non-O conversion application at least 15 days before your visa-exempt permission to stay expired.

Edited by OJAS

4 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Just beware, though, that you would need to submit a non-O conversion application at least 15 days before your visa-exempt permission to stay expired.

True.

However his immigration office is CM so required 21 days.

Still possible.

Just pointing out to the OP. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

True.

However his immigration office is CM so required 21 days.

Still possible.

Just pointing out to the OP. 

He certainly needs to work to some pretty fine margins, I think. But he only has himself to blame for this state of affairs IMHO.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OJAS said:

It is looking increasingly likely to me in the light of your subsequent comments that the only practical option now open to you is to do a border run before Friday (7th), returning to Thailand with a 30-day visa exemption (reduced from 45 days since 1 April) which you will then need to convert to a single-entry 90-day non-O visa for marriage at your local immigration office. Official requirements are spelt out in the following link:-

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/6.FOR-PROVIDING-SUPPORT-TO-OR-BEING-A-DEPENDANT-OF-A-THAI-CITIZEN-SPOUSE-VISA-NON-O.pdf

As I understand 7.2, there won't be a 2-month seasoning requirement for your 400k in the bank in this instance - although you may well be required to prove its foreign origins. But, first and foremost, I would strongly advise you to discuss this whole approach with your local immigration office ASAP (ie tomorrow the 5th at the very absolute latest as the office will be closed on the 6th for Chakri Day).

Why before friday, not on it?

Thursday is a holiday.

I thought border runs were 15 days not 30, or do you mean border run, fly back to?

Regards

16 hours ago, OJAS said:

@Foreignheight6foot2 - it occurs to me that, if you were to lodge your application for a non-O conversion at least 8 days after you had been re-admitted into Thailand with a 30-day visa exemption, the 400k would have been seasoned for 2 months in any event. Just beware, though, that you would need to submit a non-O conversion application at least 15 days before your visa-exempt permission to stay expired.

Your forgetting thai ñew year and offices closed.