Non immigrant O 1 year extension fail

7 minutes ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

So just to confirm specifics. If i go to the border in mae sai, go out and come back in, I will get 30 days?

30 days. 

You are not aware of days for visa exempt entry via land.

Prior to April 1 it was 45 days. 

Pretty much common knowledge. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

Im making it clear on a public forum that there are holidays coming up, and as this is my thread the relevance to my topic and others.

I didnt season funds as i had many times before, because as i was about to, i was incapacitated by covid for 2 weeks. Unfortunate but no big deal.

So Songkran is a new thing.

Online banking not possible while you were sick. 

In any event your options are clear. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, transam said:

Not to the guy asking, that's why he is asking................:unsure:

You missed post from @OJAS..

Couple of posts prior to asking about the 30 days ..he posted this

"the only practical option now open to you is to do a border run before Friday (7th), returning to Thailand with a 30-day visa exemption (reduced from 45 days since 1 April)"  

Stop trolling me it's boring and now on ignore. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

You missed post from @OJAS..

Couple of posts prior to asking about the 30 days ..he posted this

"the only practical option now open to you is to do a border run before Friday (7th), returning to Thailand with a 30-day visa exemption (reduced from 45 days since 1 April)"  

Stop trolling me it's boring and now on ignore. 

Pity as you provide accurate posts. 

No trolling from me, "I thought everyone knew that".....

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/3/2023 at 10:15 AM, proton said:

Chinese woman round the corner had similar problem, but not quite the 400k, she just stuck 1k note in the passport handing it over, nothing was said and she got the extension.

Why would she do that?

Foreign women married to Thais don't need to show any funds at all to get an extension, let alone 400k. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

Considering you dont know my state of affairs, nor does it impinge on you, i wouldnt worry. Blame would be neccessary if it was a concern.

6 hours ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

Why before friday, not on it?

Thursday is a holiday.

I thought border runs were 15 days not 30, or do you mean border run, fly back to?

Regards

6 hours ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

Your forgetting thai ñew year and offices closed.

Well just carry on nitpicking, old chap. You can now go on to overstay after Friday as far as I am concerned.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OJAS said:

But he's not liking the answers he's been given for some mysterious reason...........????

Please feel free to point out where in my words I state such a thing?

My questions were genuine and your answers were well received (not so much the other guy).

Well, I cant even tell if Mae sai is open to foreign passports...

4 hours ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

The royal thai embassy page states you need to have a flight exiting within 30 days, and if you dont have you might be refused.

Correct, although can't say I remember any reports of this ever happening at a land border. The issue with that rule is airlines may well refuse boarding (as they are responsible for removing you if refused entry). In those cases an option is to buy (or have it all setup on your phone to buy if challenged - "booking confirmation" is emailed within minutes) a throwaway/fake ticket for around US$12-15 from one of the many places that sell them such as:

https://onward.flights/

https://bestonwardticket.com/

https://onwardticket.com/

https://onewayfly.com/

etc.

It is a legitimate flight for all intents and purposes other than obviously you can't fly i.e. if someone checks on the system it will show as a genuine booking - which is likely the reason you don't hear about it at land crossings, I doubt they have the capability to check flight bookings like airlines have.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Salerno said:

Correct, although can't say I remember any reports of this ever happening at a land border. The issue with that rule is airlines may well refuse boarding (as they are responsible for removing you if refused entry). In those cases an option is to buy (or have it all setup on your phone to buy if challenged - "booking confirmation" is emailed within minutes) a throwaway/fake ticket for around US$12-15 from one of the many places that sell them such as:

https://onward.flights/

https://bestonwardticket.com/

https://onwardticket.com/

https://onewayfly.com/

etc.

It is a legitimate flight for all intents and purposes other than obviously you can't fly i.e. if someone checks on the system it will show as a genuine booking - which is likely the reason you don't hear about it at land crossings, I doubt they have the capability to check flight bookings like airlines have.

Have you used this yourself? 

On a side note...

Does anyone know, if I get a 90 day single marriage visa from Laos can i extend that to a year anytime after I get back to thailand, as in 10 days later. I know theres a minimum but is there a max, if you see what i mean?

Regards

26 minutes ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

Does anyone know, if I get a 90 day single marriage visa from Laos can i extend that to a year anytime after I get back to thailand, as in 10 days later. I know theres a minimum but is there a max, if you see what i mean?

Depending on your immigration office, you can apply within the last 30 or 45 days of your entry from your non-immigrant visa. Not earlier. 

Last question,

when going to nong khai to Vientiane what time do you need to get there before offices shut to pass through the Laos side?

When coming back from Vientiane, lets say an appointment at the thai embassy isnt possible(for 90day non-o), can I just leave back to Thailand and get 30 days (have money in bank, have air ticket outbound) and then try sometime after songkran to get my non o in savannahkhet?

On 4/3/2023 at 10:55 AM, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

Im not in favour, personally, in furthering corruption and criminality in Thailand, no matter how many people think it a "legal" practice, because it is accepted.

Thanks anyway.

Not only that, but with the new policies of intolerance to corruption, any one of these "agents" could take a hit along with any of their clientele. As you say, tolerated does not make it legal. So continue to ask questions until you are sure of yourself. 

• Haha 2

On 4/6/2023 at 10:34 PM, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

Last question,

when going to nong khai to Vientiane what time do you need to get there before offices shut to pass through the Laos side?

When coming back from Vientiane, lets say an appointment at the thai embassy isnt possible(for 90day non-o), can I just leave back to Thailand and get 30 days (have money in bank, have air ticket outbound) and then try sometime after songkran to get my non o in savannahkhet?

The border closes at 10:00 pm, but it would be stupid, IMHO, to arrive at the Thai side any later than 9:00 pm. If you want to arrive in Nong Khai really late, just stay the night in Nong Khai and cross early in the morning (the border opens at 6:00 am).

Immigration on both the Lao and Thai sides at the Friendship Bridge in Nong Khai are hassle free. You would get the 30-day visa exempt entry without any problem (and no money in bank or onward flight ticket is necessary).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/6/2023 at 11:15 AM, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

Have you used this yourself? 

On a side note...

Regards

#1 - I did make use of an on-line onward-flight ticket reservation service.  I ordered that onward flight-ticket the day before departing to Thailand VisaExempt.  When I entered my creditcard-details for the 12 US $ fee, I received within 5 minutes in my e-mail the ticket with the itinerary I had chosen.  I used Onwardticket.com and the process to order is very easy and answers any questions you might have.

#2 - When you obtained a 90-day Non Imm O marriage Visa in Laos, you can apply for the 1-year extension of that Visa at your local Imm Office from 30 or 45 days prior to expiry (but when there are special circumstances - e.g. travel - some Imm Offices have done it earlier too).  And it can be done up to last day of your Permit to stay, but better don't do that in case your application would be incomplete and you need to get hold of the missing documentation. 

You don't lose any days from your Visa when applying for the 1-year extension, so basically just do it at a time convenient for you in the 4 weeks prior to expiry.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 10:38 PM, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

The only issue I forsee is school pictures, they are home schooled. That and I also read in the child support exrension, is namely for those partners of dead or divorced thai nationals, so as to care for a child.

Poor kids.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/13/2023 at 4:25 AM, crouchpeter said:

Poor kids.

Indeed, a young father who unlike his antiquated cohorts can read that Thailand gives the most hours of education, for the worst results, globally. I have had experience with the supposedly highest of education tiers and all in between. By all means, put your children into that. I reserve the judgement to educate them to a higher standard and in more relevant topics, than on offer here.

But of course, that might be too broad a lexicon, for you to handle. We each have our own limits of ability.

My children, are luckily not your concern, I think they would welcome that.

• Haha 1

On 4/9/2023 at 6:52 AM, Red Phoenix said:

#1 - I did make use of an on-line onward-flight ticket reservation service.  I ordered that onward flight-ticket the day before departing to Thailand VisaExempt.  When I entered my creditcard-details for the 12 US $ fee, I received within 5 minutes in my e-mail the ticket with the itinerary I had chosen.  I used Onwardticket.com and the process to order is very easy and answers any questions you might have.

#2 - When you obtained a 90-day Non Imm O marriage Visa in Laos, you can apply for the 1-year extension of that Visa at your local Imm Office from 30 or 45 days prior to expiry (but when there are special circumstances - e.g. travel - some Imm Offices have done it earlier too).  And it can be done up to last day of your Permit to stay, but better don't do that in case your application would be incomplete and you need to get hold of the missing documentation. 

You don't lose any days from your Visa when applying for the 1-year extension, so basically just do it at a time convenient for you in the 4 weeks prior to expiry.

Thanks.

It worked out to be very easy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/8/2023 at 7:51 PM, BritTim said:

The border closes at 10:00 pm, but it would be stupid, IMHO, to arrive at the Thai side any later than 9:00 pm. If you want to arrive in Nong Khai really late, just stay the night in Nong Khai and cross early in the morning (the border opens at 6:00 am).

Immigration on both the Lao and Thai sides at the Friendship Bridge in Nong Khai are hassle free. You would get the 30-day visa exempt entry without any problem (and no money in bank or onward flight ticket is necessary).

This is indeed accurate and I thank you for your straight forward, Non pious replies.

• Sad 1