Three takeaways from Trump's day in court

Social Media

18 hours ago, Geir Rasch said:

I'm convinced that Trump supporters must suffer a serious mental disease. Or may be they are brainless? If it was only USA I would not care, but that man is a threat to the whole world! I pray for a possibility to stop that insane man.

What about those of us that don't like Trump as a person, but dislike the Dems even more, so want them out, even if it takes voting for Trump to do so?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Is the time delay a problem? Apparently it wasn't when Starr investigated Clinton for 7 years but found nothing relevant to the original investigation. Nor apparently did it make a difference when the GOP investigated the other Clinton for 3 years over Benghazi! only to find nothing. 

No need to lecture the left over weaponizing investigations. The playbook has been written in large, bold letters.

Actually, you forgot the  failed Durham investigation which began under William Barr. That lasted about 3 years, too.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What about those of us that don't like Trump as a person, but dislike the Dems even more, so want them out, even if it takes voting for Trump to do so?

The ones that would cut of their nose to spite their face? Ask a mental health care professional......:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

The ones that would cut of their nose to spite their face? Ask a mental health care professional......:coffee1:

Indeed, it's amazing how the rich have managed to get the useful idiots to vote against their own interests.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 10:33 AM, HK MacPhooey said:

Serious signs of Trump Derangement Syndrome????

Serious signs of understanding that in the USA no man is supposed to be above the law.

Trump has been a criminal for decades already so he understandably believes he is above the law.

We'll see about that.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

The rich? Who dat den?

They're otherwise known as republican mega donors. You've probably heard of them.

One of them has been coughing up so Clarence Thomas can live a life of luxury.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

As far as Trump being sentenced to prison in the New York or other cases I think people need to be realistic.

Jailing an ex president would be historically different. 

Fair or not he would be getting very special arrangements such as house arrest.

The security issues would be just too difficult otherwise. 

There is also the point of not giving the maga fascists more of a I am Jesus martyr than they already have.

I think Trump is more of a threat to American democracy than even Putin but I would have no problem with such unusual accommodations for any ex president.

Edited by Jingthing

31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

As far as Trump being sentenced to prison in the New York or other cases I think people need to be realistic.

Jailing an ex president would be historically different. 

Fair or not he would be getting very special arrangements such as house arrest.

The security issues would be just too difficult otherwise. 

There is also the point of not giving the maga fascists more of a I am Jesus martyr than they already have.

I think Trump is more of a threat to American democracy than even Putin but I would have no problem with such unusual accommodations for any ex president.

Your post makes sense but it would just be soooo good seeing him in an orange overall and with handcuffs on!

Of course, the more serious charges in the other cases against him might still make my dream come through.

• Like 1

MY takeaways from the NY Court action:

Motions
Merchan set an Aug. 8 deadline for Trump to file motions, and prosecutors have until Sept. 19 to respond. He intends to issue decisions on the motions by Dec. 4, which is when the two parties, including Trump, will next meet in court.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-case-new-york-charges-indictment-what-comes-next/