Trump judge and his family receive threats after New York arrest

Scott

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

Inciting violence?

Hasn't he already been investigated for that over the assault on the US Capitol?

Impeachment. 

A political trial not a criminal trial.

The DOJ is probably preparing related criminal charges right now.

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

You were asked to provide a link to a claim of fact. The rules require you to do so.

When you become a moderator, then maybe spout on about rules. But you are not a moderator. Why not try and prove that no Judge or DA has ever received a death threat?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CharlieKo said:

When you become a moderator, then maybe spout on about rules. But you are not a moderator. Why not try and prove that no Judge or DA has ever received a death threat?  

I never said that. The premise was that this judge had received more than most.

Exactly what The A-hole Trump wants and exactly what is to be expected by his idiot pea-brained minions. Totally disgusting and unacceptable, yet so typical of this scum sucker and his lot. 

6 hours ago, CharlieKo said:

Posters are allowed to comment on rules, but not moderation.

Proving a negative is impossible.

We are enjoying the collective melt-down of Trump and his cult. 

Let's hope the cult don't decide to approach violence as they will be met with righteous retribution to the cheers of actual patriots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dilemma for Judge in Trump Case: Whether to Muzzle the Former President

"When the prosecutors raised some of the former president’s recent social media posts, including one warning that “death and destruction” could follow if he were charged, Merchan asked that Trump refrain from making comments that were “likely to incite violence or civil unrest.”

But after the hearing, Trump returned to Florida and to his old habits, calling the district attorney, Alvin Bragg, a “criminal,” and Merchan “a Trump-hating judge with a Trump-hating wife and family.”

When prosecutors raised the subject of the social media posts from Trump, Merchan’s response — asking Trump’s legal team to warn the former president against making such comments — seemed to reflect the judge’s intention to exercise his authority in stages. “This is a request I’m making,” he said. “I’m not making it an order.”

https://news.yahoo.com/dilemma-judge-trump-case-whether-115552996.html

One might hope, under the circumstances, that Trump will keep his gaping trap shut regarding comments on the judge and the court during the pendency of his criminal case.... But, I'd think it unlikely that will end up being what is to come.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

"When the prosecutors raised some of the former president’s recent social media posts, including one warning that “death and destruction” could follow if he were charged, Merchan asked that Trump refrain from making comments that were “likely to incite violence or civil unrest.”

But after the hearing, Trump returned to Florida and to his old habits, calling the district attorney, Alvin Bragg, a “criminal,” and Merchan “a Trump-hating judge with a Trump-hating wife and family.”

When prosecutors raised the subject of the social media posts from Trump, Merchan’s response — asking Trump’s legal team to warn the former president against making such comments — seemed to reflect the judge’s intention to exercise his authority in stages. “This is a request I’m making,” he said. “I’m not making it an order.”

One might hope, under the circumstances, that Trump will keep his gaping trap shut regarding comments on the judge and the court during the pendency of his criminal case.... But, I'd think it unlikely that will end up being what is to come.

I think Merchan will wait to determine whether or not Trump's rantings actually lead to an escalation of violence or threats.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just muzzle him already. Like a (mad) dog. 

'Caged animal' Trump may need a 'secure padded cell' as trial progresses: psychiatrist - Raw Story - Celebrating 19 Years of Independent Journalism

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

Donald Trump's increasingly inflammatory rhetoric up to and since he was arraigned in a Manhattan courtroom appears to be lighting a fuse that's turning his followers into a mob bent on revenge on his behalf, an analyst warned.

As longtime political observer David Corn wrote for "Mother Jones," Trump's bid for a third presidential run was always rooted in seeking revenge after voters rejected him in 2020. But now, with felony criminal charges hanging over him, he seems dead set on inciting violence that might go beyond the Jan 6 insurrection.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-violence-2659753958/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/7/2023 at 5:35 AM, alex8912 said:

Have there been any ( even the last 20 years) Manhatten DA's  or Judges that didn't have threats against them?? 

Probably not. However, we may also consider whether there have been any who have received such threats as the result of such public instigation by a defendant who is a former President, and candidate for the next Presidency?

I suspect not - and that is the difference.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1