Marriage Visa Chiang Mai

Hi all,

Last week went to Chiang Mai for annual re-newal of my marrige visa (non-immigrant cat "O")

I had three choices:

1) THB 400,000 in bank.

2)THB 40,000 per month. (income, pension)

3)Combination of both (my option)

Normaly before changes last year; money in bank and pension together THB 400,000 ; all OK

now money in bank + pension/income = THB ??? devided by 12 months; must be over THB 40,000 a month.

example:

yearly pension THB 360,000 + THB 100,000 in bank = THB 460,000 devided by 12 months = THB 38,333 a month.

not enough must be THB 481,000 or more together.

Those of you on small pensions be warned; rules have changed no grandfathering and the $ / UK pound are 10% weaker then before.

Edited by victor15

That is not how I read it - he is talking about the bank deposit combined with pension income method. That will require meeting the total pension of 40k per month or a combined total of 480,000 baht or more. His total is 1,000 higher and I have no explanation for that.

It should have no effect on the 400k method if used by itself.

That is not how I read it - he is talking about the bank deposit combined with pension income method. That will require meeting the total pension of 40k per month or a combined total of 480,000 baht or more. His total is 1,000 higher and I have no explanation for that.

It should have no effect on the 400k method if used by itself.

Quite right

THB 400,000 in bank no problem

THB 40,000 a month no problem

Combination has to be over THB 40,000 a month, thats why my total was 1,000 higher

• 1 year later...

Can anyone of you please help me.

At this moment I am still in the Netherlands.

On the 26 of februari I will be going to Chiang Mai to live with my wife.

I know that when I go to the immegration office for a Non Imm "O" - marriage visa I have to bring the standard documents.

A friend of mine told me that he must also bring a birthcertificate and a certificate of good behaviour. He lives in Chiang Mai.

Does anyone of you have experience with the Chiang Mai immigration that they have other rules.

I know that when I go to the immegration office for a Non Imm "O" - marriage visa I have to bring the standard documents.

A friend of mine told me that he must also bring a birthcertificate and a certificate of good behaviour. He lives in Chiang Mai.

Does anyone of you have experience with the Chiang Mai immigration that they have other rules.

Your friend is wrong I can't imagine where he came up with that.

First you should get a single entry non immigrant O visa from a Thai embassy or consulate based upon marriage. Your marriage certificate and a copy of your wifes ID or passport should all that you will need for this.

During the last 30 days of your permit to stay you and the wife go to immigration with the following, You will need income of 40,000 per month (letter from embassy as proof plus 1 copy) or 400,000 baht in a Thai bank for 60 days in your name (not a joint account) verified by a letter from the bank (plus 1 copy). Then 2 copies of the following. Your passport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamps, TM6 (departure card), marriage certificate, wifes ID card and house book. 2 sets of photos of you and the wife in and around the house and map to house. Two photos and 2 TM7 application forms.

Apply for the non-O at the consulate in Amsterdam, very friendly and you can walk in and walk out in 30 minutes with your visa.

Note that if you plan on starting to work you will need a work permit. If you have a Work Permit and are one your first year of extension you can import your goods duty free.

First you should get a single entry non immigrant O visa from a Thai embassy or consulate based upon marriage. Your marriage certificate and a copy of your wifes ID or passport should all that you will need for this.

During the last 30 days of your permit to stay you and the wife go to immigration with the following, You will need income of 40,000 per month (letter from embassy as proof plus 1 copy) or 400,000 baht in a Thai bank for 60 days in your name (not a joint account) verified by a letter from the bank (plus 1 copy). Then 2 copies of the following. Your passport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamps, TM6 (departure card), marriage certificate, wifes ID card and house book. 2 sets of photos of you and the wife in and around the house and map to house. Two photos and 2 TM7 application forms.

No need for photos with wife in and around the house or map needed in CM .

At least they never asked me anyway and I do live here ten years .......

No need for photos with wife in and around the house or map needed in CM .

At least they never asked me anyway and I do live here ten years .......

For me no need for the pics of the wife and me either, but they wanted the map to our house. I asked this question on a different thread - no answer yet. Once one has been approved for the non-immigrant 'O' extension - and immigration extends the date in your passport one month past the expiration date, are you able to have your bank balance drop below 400,000 baht prior to you receiving the one year extension?

I asked this question on a different thread - no answer yet. Once one has been approved for the non-immigrant 'O' extension - and immigration extends the date in your passport one month past the expiration date, are you able to have your bank balance drop below 400,000 baht prior to you receiving the one year extension?

Not a great answer, but I always do and will be doing this time round (next week).