Parties warned to keep their campaign banners from blocking public access

snoop1130

08D53B41-70F6-49AD-B998-A971CAE8402F.png

Bangkok Governor Chadchart Sittipunt warned political parties to keep their campaign posters and banners orderly today (Friday), so they do not block public access to lanes or side roads, claiming that City Hall has received numerous complaints from the public.

He said that city officials will remove campaign banners which obstruct public access adding, however, that they will be as lenient as possible, in order not to spoil the electioneering atmosphere.

Today, the governor also checked the readiness of the Lan Khon Mueang town square, ahead of a major campaign rally by the Democrat Party this afternoon.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/parties-warned-to-keep-their-campaign-banners-from-blocking-public-access/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-04-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

I saw three lots of six posters all for the same bloke within 5 kms. Should be banned.

And they will probably be left there well after the election day.

Edited by KannikaP

They are blocking view of oncoming traffic and are a hazard for anyone driving near them. Political parties that put them up should be heavily fined for every accident they cause.

And voters should see who doesn't care about their safety and ignore them on election day.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Bangkok Governor Chadchart Sittipunt warned political parties to keep their campaign posters and banners orderly today (Friday), so they do not block public access to lanes or side roads, claiming that City Hall has received numerous complaints from the public.

Like the one recently placed at the corner of a junction near me, reach the end of the road, look right to see if anything is coming and all you can see is a massive billboard of Prawit.

Edited by hotchilli

Someone put one in front of my gates so I couldn’t get out , I removed it and put it on the ground un damaged, a few hours later police were at my door threatening me for removing someone else’s property after them crying for 20 minutes I rang my solicitor ( saying I not understand to plod ) they left after talking to her and said not problem , I asked solicitor if they will speak to people who blocked my access but was told not worry problem sorted , unbelievable idiocy in this 

Edited by Foghorn