Feeling Insecure about dating ladyboys

36 minutes ago, Sparky Barry said:

Going out on a limb here, but I think he knows they'll like him for his money. His ex-wife treated him pretty badly and he would like to be appreciated for himself. He is also worried because ladyboys have quite a bad reputation.

I just want him to find love, whether ladyboy or real lady

Somehow I disagree with the concept that we should be able to find true love without money. Why? Because we need money to live, and with more money we live more comfortably.

I.e. my gf is not really interested in money. But she likes to eat and drink well. And she wouldn't like it if when we go out, I would tell her have half the number of drinks because we don't have the money to spend. And then there is maybe a nice apartment, maybe holiday, etc. All cost money. And all will add up to the attractiveness of the person who can afford all this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

my gf is not really interested in money. But she likes to eat and drink well. And she wouldn't like it if when we go out, I would tell her have half the number of drinks because we don't have the money to spend.

Funny thing... My Thai wife (who doesn't drink alcohol) has always had her own career, and worked full-time, progressing with some help from me and her own initiative to have a pretty good salary by Thai standards these days....

In pure monetary terms, she could easily get along without me and the way we have agreed to share our expenses.

BUT, there's one thing that's non-negotiable!  She wants her (often Thai) food (home is fine, delivery or restaurant OK too) and me to make the arrangements and provision for that... As long as she's well and simply fed by me, she's happy with everything else....

Strikes me as a bit strange, but I'm OK with that bargain!  ????

Re the OP, I guess my general point is, different people can have different things that are important or attracting to them. We don't live in a one-size fits all world.

And sometimes it takes getting to really know someone in order to understand just what those important/attracting things are.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

BUT, there's one thing that's non-negotiable!  She wants her (often Thai) food (home is fine, delivery or restaurant OK too) and me to make the arrangements and provision for that... As long as she's well and simply fed by me, she's happy with everything else....

Strikes me as a bit strange, but I'm OK with that bargain!  ????

That sounds absolutely simple and perfect. You have a good one there

45 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

That could be a problem. Don't see any females or Lady boy's wanting to nurse him through old age. He could end up broke and dumped in a short a time! 

He's  not that old, late 40s. Just a bit on the heavy side 

8 minutes ago, Sparky Barry said:

That sounds absolutely simple and perfect. You have a good one there

I don't know this for sure... but my guess by way of explanation is... my wife grew up in a relatively poor family. They didn't have much spare money, ate very simply, and she told me lately of growing up 35+ years ago and her Mom giving her literally a baht or two per day to buy food after school for her and her younger brother. Perhaps that upbringing led to her thinking as to what was important her life.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sparky Barry said:

He's  not that old, late 40s. Just a bit on the heavy side 

Is his weight the reason for his mobility problems? Ok age may not be relevant for now. But he's only going to find out, if he gets out and about to meet a Ladyboy! As long as he remembers on the ladyboy's side it won't be about love. It will be about money. So he better have very deep pockets. He should just play the field, maybe after a few dalliances he might realise it isn't for him.      

1 hour ago, CharlieKo said:

That could be a problem. Don't see any females or Lady boy's wanting to nurse him through old age. He could end up broke and dumped in a short a time! 

Thailand is the perfect place for exactly just this!

Sounds like he would love it here as long as he has money to pay for it all he will be well looked after, you can count on that.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't know this for sure... but my guess by way of explanation is... my wife grew up in a relatively poor family. They didn't have much spare money, ate very simply, and she told me lately of growing up 35+ years ago and her Mom giving her literally a baht or two per day to buy food after school for her and her younger brother. Perhaps that upbringing led to her thinking as to what was important her life.

I think it can go one of two ways; humble upbringing leading to appreciating the simple things in life and disliking pomp and extravagance, or being incredibly materialistic and wanting to have the most expensive things all the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, ed strong said:

Thailand is the perfect place for exactly just this!

Sounds like he would love it here as long as he has money to pay for it all he will be well looked after, you can count on that.

That depends on his temperament in a relationship. If he's needy or thinks she must do as he say's. If he's a control freak. If he doesn't think he's getting his monies worth! IMO this sort of situation can turn south very easily. Maybe he should look for a retired nurse?  

5 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

That depends on his temperament in a relationship. If he's needy or thinks she must do as he say's. If he's a control freak. If he doesn't think he's getting his monies worth! IMO this sort of situation can turn south very easily. Maybe he should look for a retired nurse?  

Hes in a mobility scooter, over weight and undervalued by his ex wife whom im presuming was not a looker, so im sure he will will be pleasantly surprised by the attention that he will get in Thailand from both the girls and ladyboys. Of course hell have to be sensible but that the norm for any trip to a foreign country.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I think it can go one of two ways; humble upbringing leading to appreciating the simple things in life and disliking pomp and extravagance, or being incredibly materialistic and wanting to have the most expensive things all the time.

Yep, I'll agree with that. My wife certainly is in the former category, and definitely not in the latter.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, ed strong said:

Hes in a mobility scooter, over weight and undervalued by his ex wife whom im presuming was not a looker, so im sure he will will be pleasantly surprised by the attention that he will get in Thailand from both the girls and ladyboys. Of course hell have to be sensible but that the norm for any trip to a foreign country.

So, if his weight is the reason for the scooter. Would he be able to lose some weight? Plenty of men are undervalued by their wives. Plenty of men undervalue their wives also. Maybe he needs to work on himself first? Sort out the reason for being over weight, if there is a reason!

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

All things being equal, I think he'd probably fare better with BOTH sexes if he wasn't reliant on a mobility scooter (if he has any choice in the matter)...

Unless of course, if he's an exceptionally cunning linguist, or has some other overriding qualities.  ????

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

Is that why he's in the scooter?

23 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

All things being equal, I think he'd probably fare better with BOTH sexes if he wasn't reliant on a mobility scooter (if he has any choice in the matter)...

Unless of course, if he's an exceptionally cunning linguist, or has some other overriding qualities.  ????

Is the scooter a two-seater? If so, he can show a girl? a good time. Like take them on picnics, trips to the temple, even go on the beach if it's 4X4!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

A "retired" nurse. I think he'd have more success with a "retarded" nurse.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ed strong said:

, so im sure he will will be pleasantly surprised by the attention that he will get in Thailand from both the girls and ladyboys.

From that description and the video linked the girls and ladyboys will only see one thing. $$$$$. 

38 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

He might be Valentino Rossi on the scooter