So ...your on the downhill run

36 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

So back to my original question,what have you got planned until your 83?

I am 70, and will be happy if I can make it to 76. This is the cut off where I leave my family with a monthly pension of about 4500 USD, plus assets. In the meantime I (try to keep) the lot happy.

14 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

At 76, I've already completed all most all of my original dreams. I was fortunate to be able to live them already. The only one left is 'sky diving' and these old knees won't support that now.

You can still sky dive, just use a much better parachute that I used, as I hit like a sack of potatoes on dry, hard dirt.   They got parachutes where you land standing up while taking as step or 2.

Highly recommend it, it was really cool floating down.   Once was enough though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You can still sky dive, just use a much better parachute that I used, as I hit like a sack of potatoes on dry, hard dirt.   They got parachutes where you land standing up while taking as step or 2.

Highly recommend it, it was really cool floating down.   Once was enough though.

You used the round canopy? the ram Air square system you can land on your tip toes.

Edited by roo860
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, roo860 said:

You used the round canopy? the ram Air square system you can land on your tip toes.

Must have been WWI surplus, and I only weighed about 80kg/175lbs then.

• Haha 1

It depends on your mindset, my brain still works at 18 years old, but my age of my 75 year ole body at times does not agree. I spent 6 months in the USA Hubing out of Orlando driving an RV throughout North America and the other in Thailand Hubing out of our house in Ubon where we also travel. Family's genes are pretty good and 83 is out of the question. I'll be pushing my life into the 90's looking at 100. I am "LUCKY and BLESSED!" Happy Travels and GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

PS: georgegeorgia you need an "Attitude Check and should be a little more Positive!"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

This is mainly aimed at retired guys over 65, or even newly retired expats to Asia

Been retired since I was 57 Just because I'm older didn't mean going downhill, it was uphill and still is I haven't had to work anymore for the UK prison. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

It's one of the reasons we moved to Chiang Mai... a place that doesn't give us cause to want to be anywhere else!  Other people's Bucket List brings them right here

Lol... delusional 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I enjoyed all my life including my work, and I am still working.

Will life get better when I will be older? Somehow I don't think so. Even if the mind is still fine, the body is just not capable of doing the same like 10 or 20 years ago. That's reality.

Or not?

I enjoyed my working life and achieved a fellowship in UK construction roofing industry.

Heath & Safety choked the industry also PC and that's when I decided to get out. 

Will life get better when your older, for me it has I would say ???? as for capabilities well that's not just down to reality it's a fact of life.

For me it's how you approach things and making sure you take care of yourself more so. 

My mind stays much the same but in the words of Clint Eastwood I have to get to know my limitations. ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1