So ...your on the downhill run

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

For me it's how you approach things and making sure you take care of yourself more so. 

My mind stays much the same but in the words of Clint Eastwood I have to get to know my limitations. ????

Yes, I'm a bit more cautious, and don't do nearly the silly (stupid) physical activity stuff I used to, knowing I don't bounce as good as in the past.

I went scuba diving with a broken clavicle,  as in complete broken, a week after I broke it ????  Hey, live-aboard trip was paid for, and no refunds, that late in the game.  Actually wasn't bad at all, surprisingly.  Friends were like 'W T F'

Sky Diving with 2 herniated disc & 5 degenerative disks ???? ...

... surely topping the list of "how stupid are you?"   Even I questioned that one, but my buddy said 'I'd love it, and have to do' ... he was correct.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Glad I did the paragliding, scuba diving and mountaineering in my forties and fifties, before starting a new family.

I'd say you were very fortunate to be able to do those things in your 40's and 50's. Some of us have never been fit enough even in our teens and twenties.

• Like 1

I am planning on abandoning my idyllic life here in Thailand by the Andaman Sea to return back to Australia to work as a night shift security guard or hospital wardsman.

If those two options don't work out I will be contacting Aseannow to see if I can work as a paid poster like the OP.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I never had such a bucket list. How about you (all the other members)?

Like your question. I never had one, just took up  activities when I thought it would be cool to discover them. When it comes to travel I had the tendency to "dream ahead" three or four trips.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Speak for yourself.

Shouldn't assume that most everyone is in the same boat as you.

You're a depressing soul and nearly all of your OPs and posts reflect as such.

I agree, thought I was the only one who thought so.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, samuttodd said:

I am only 54ish and I can see the main limiting factor as being my physical health.   Lets face it,  If it hurts to get up and be active,  you will most likely sit around alot.

I try to get out and paddle the kayak for an hour or two each day and walk to the night market a few times a week.    

I like to be at home and even when we go on a trip somewhere and stay in a nice place,  I am still so glad to be home.

We are lucky,  as My wife has 3 sisters that she is very close to and they all live next door,  so that is her entire social circle.

I am pretty much a loner here in the LOS.   Not complaining,  it is just that way for me.

Exactly what I was thinking to.

The greatest thing must be to manage to get out of bed without pain, and manage to still do things like go to gym and work in the garden and have a good life with my wife. Thats my goal. 

Im same age you, and do not have any bucket list really and my wish for my elderly days, manage to stay more home as long as possible, since I have lived a restless life in my bags for sport and work, and now enjoy homelife more and more doing less. 

Love outdoor sports and motorbike touring, but hopefully I will park that bike before 70.

Edited by Hummin
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Exactly what I was thinking to.

The greatest thing must be to get out of bed without pian, and manage to still do things like go to gym and work in the garden and have a good life with my wife. Thats my goal. 

Im same age you, and do not have any bucket list really and my wish for my elderly days, manage to stay more home as long as possible, since I have lived a restless life in my bags for sport and work, and now enjoy homelife more and more doing less. 

Love outdoor sports and motorbike touring, but hopefully I will park that bike before 70.

My father worked in a factory till age 71. When he retired he was content to just take it easy. I understand now.

51 minutes ago, connda said:

Been there, done that compliments of the US Navy.  Olongapo, Barrio Barretta, Subic City.  Lot's of good stories.  Now?

A quiet life with family in rural Thailand. 

Subic City was my hangout in the late 70's. No shore patrol or Marshall Law. 

Years ago one of my work colleagues collapsed and died on the way to his retirement reception.  It opened my eyes and I vowed to retire early, which I did at 49. I doubt whether I would have reached normal retirement age otherwise. 

I've never been the gregarious type so I enjoy the quiet life. Having a bucket list just introduces more stress so I don't have one. The only place I'd like to go to is Japan. As long as I have nice place to live I'm content.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Call me selfish but I never understood the ones who worked all their life amassed a reasonable sum and then end up giving it to someone else !!! Sod that ! I hope I die flat broke (and the last cheque bounces !  Although aint seen one of them for 25yrs) And the credit card was maxed out !.????

I suppose its all about timing really as you just never know what that "use by" date is.

"Timing" is everything. Hard to do concerning the Stock Market. Impossible as far as life expectancy is concerned.
= "You don't know the day, nor the hour".

PS: Bought a livelong member<deleted> in "EXIT" (Switzerland) for CHF 1000 fife years ago. To be able to determine the point in my live, when I wanted to "Exit", according to my free will.

Rats! 6 months later it was conveyed that it takes 2 independent Doctors, agreeing that one must be terminally ill before any "Exit" wishes would be considered. As opposed to before.

Nedless to say, "Exit" gives no refunds. Worst investement I ever made. 

• Like 1

I too had my "Bucked List".  Gladly, I went thru my Bucket- List between the age of 20 to 45. Fearing that I could not "work-off" my Bucket-List in old age. This is exactly what has happened. Today, I could only experiance 10% of my original Bucket list. Once ones health is failing, it's hard to "work-off" any Bucket-List.

One point of my Bucket-List was always to keep in very close contact with the females of this world until old. Nope. I am now looking at the females of this world from a distance. Salivating profusely while doing so.

The curse of old age: The desire is still there, but the capability may not. For me, proof enough, that God dosn't like old males.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think enjoying quiet life is just fine.

One doesn't have to travel a lot or go to as many bars as possible to enjoy life.

I am not yet that old and now I enjoy coffee with a friend. And afternoon teatime with another friend. And maybe on some days a few drinks with people who I like to see.

I don't travel and discover the world. I am happy where I am. What's the point of being just another tourist looking at the pyramids and buying overpriced souvenirs made in China? 

It's up to each individual what they like. 

https://www.bravethinkinginstitute.com/blog/life-transformation/einstein-theory-happiness

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I turn 80 next month. I always have something to occupy myself, exercise, golf, swimming, eating out. I have mental exercises as well, such as creating videos, or driving my scooter in Thai traffic. I enjoy life, when it no longer has quality I will check out.

I don't have a bucket list. I have been places and participated in events most would only dream of.

I suppose I have the mindset it is better to wear out than rust out.

better to burn out than fade away...going out in a blaze of glory! reminds me of the grandpas having heart attacks at the love motels in LOS

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Call me selfish but I never understood the ones who worked all their life amassed a reasonable sum and then end up giving it to someone else !!! Sod that ! I hope I die flat broke (and the last cheque bounces !  Although aint seen one of them for 25yrs) And the credit card was maxed out !.????

I suppose its all about timing really as you just never know what that "use by" date is.

Poor planning to die rich.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Totally agree with you 

4 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

better to burn out than fade away...going out in a blaze of glory! reminds me of the grandpas having heart attacks at the love motels in LOS

Agree, a great way to go out.

• Love It 2