10,000 baht to remove a boil?

CanadaSam

7 hours ago, chuang said:

You did said Best hospital.

In fact it was not the "best" hospital (there is virtually no such thing since all hospitals contain both good and bad doctors).

But it was the most expensive hospital, not only in Pattaya but in the whole country.

And one with 3 tier pricing; clearly they were classifying this person in the first tier (tourist) price category.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

And one with 3 tier pricing; clearly they were classifying this person in the first tier (tourist) price category.

Didn't the government mandate about a year or so ago that all hospitals publish their prices on their websites? Did that ever happen? Or are we still kept in the dark about double (or triple) pricing?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Didn't the government mandate about a year or so ago that all hospitals publish their prices on their websites? Did that ever happen? Or are we still kept in the dark about double (or triple) pricing?

The mandate was for medication prices only and ust that it be posted somewhere nto necessarily website.

And no, as far as I have seen, not done. (Or else posted somewhere not obvious). Actually given how long the list of medications a hospital pharmacy might  provide is, not easy to do.  But the issue at that time was mark ups on medications.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Moral to the story, let's start going to Vets instead.

These hospitals charging for unnecessary treatment and meds and way too high should be prosecuted. Taking advantage of the sick

Have you seen what vets charge? ????

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

But it was the most expensive hospital, not only in Pattaya but in the whole country.

Maybe you haven't seen the prices in the tourist south (Samui, Phuket) lately.  They have doubled since covid. Even the most expensive hospital in Pattaya seems like a bargain now

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I had a cyst removed from the back of my hand a few days ago. Cost with anesthetic, antibiotics etc was 520 Baht at my local government hospital.

I've had similar done at my local hospital, all at extremely low cost, by comparison. I had a would on my foot that was numbed, explored, closed and dressed, the bill, including a tetanus shot was 172 baht.

• Like 2