Thaksin Won’t Return Home To Put Self Behind Bars: Ex-Red Shirt Leader

webfact

4 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Does Thaksin really tell more lies that the present unelected caretaker PM? I doubt it very much.

Or maybe it's just the case that Thaksin has the brains to cover things up where the unelected caretaker PM with only a Military Academy education doesn't.

"Not so many lies"....oh, that is OK then..........................

Seriously, how low do your standards drop to.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

The question is rather if he should still be considered the true Prime Minister of Thailand or his sister. Since, he was illegally forced away just like his sister.

This clown Prayut is not the true and legal Prime Minister of Thailand. 

A very true statement indeed. Take away the guns and tanks and he is just the same as the ordinary Somchai in the street, and with much the same low IQ.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 12:07 PM, Kalasin Jo said:

Exactly. So if his supporters win a landslide in the House of Representatives and are in government would the King issue Royal Pardons to him and sister. If the King did that they would both be back for sure.

But what about The Senate?  Packed with conservative military heads and ex military all appointed by the National Council for Peace and Reconciliation. Remember that? Set up by the military following the 2014 coup.

The PM is not necessarily the leader of the majority party in the HoR. As I understand it The PM is appointed by a combined session of the newly elected HoR and the Senate under the new constitution. It's a clever provision that critics say will almost always ensure the military has the last word in elections and any government then formed.... without that landslide victory Thaksin calls for which I've read is 376 HoR seats out of the 500 in total.

well described 

1 hour ago, bannork said:

The biggest lie Thaksin has told was when it was discovered that  shares he owned were in the names of his staff, his driver, maid etc.

These were large sums of money which were traded on the Thai stock market for years.

The only reason to do that is stock market manipulation. Unknown names buying up stock could push up the price of companies' stock without raising suspicion. 

Thaksin's defence? It was a honest mistake.

Yes, Thaksin, for years you absentmindedly bought and sold stock in your domestic staff's names. For some reason you couldn't remember your own.

Pass the sick bag, Alice.

I am no financial expert so I cannot agree or disagree with you. I am just so against a soldier deciding to get rich quick on the back of his guns and tanks. IMO this guy has done more damage to Thailand than a dozen Thaksins, just think of it. In the not to distant future some other soldier will look back and see how this present unelected caretaker PM has done financially for himself in the last nine years with his off shore accounts etc, and want to do the same himself as he will also have the guns and tanks behind him, and to hell with the Thai people.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

So....who can we trust -past, present or future.

No one actually, the same applies to western countries, so what country's government?

actually can be trustworthy?

Just keep lying, cheating, money grabbing soldiers away from politics.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 9:26 AM, Mad mick said:

Bs . minor compared to what's happened since rice scheme is insignificant what Jaunta Greedy RTP immigration Government cro its have done to Thai people & Thailand in general lies in ruins narcissistic socialpath Jaunta coup d'etat bought Thailand & Thai people to its knees ! Next covid crippled Thais & all of us in ???? thanks  EHA US Funded criminal Fauchi. Government over reach is every where ????

my recollection was his sister ! possibly wrong ! Gee your right into rice thing ???? must be eating you up ???????????????? have good day though 

On 4/12/2023 at 11:37 AM, NoshowJones said:

I am no financial expert so I cannot agree or disagree with you. I am just so against a soldier deciding to get rich quick on the back of his guns and tanks. IMO this guy has done more damage to Thailand than a dozen Thaksins, just think of it. In the not to distant future some other soldier will look back and see how this present unelected caretaker PM has done financially for himself in the last nine years with his off shore accounts etc, and want to do the same himself as he will also have the guns and tanks behind him, and to hell with the Thai people.

Money, increased wealth, can of course be the driver for anybody including cops and soldiers.

Also the glory of the military, it's image to outside militaries, it's internal glorious image can also be a strong driver and especially in families where there is a long history og high ranking soldiers.  

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1