Thailand and Regional Neighbors to Jointly Address Cross-Border Haze

snoop1130

33 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

I have no doubt that they wil ‘closely monitor the situation’, as they have been saying for over two decades. And then do absolutely nothing about it, as they have been doing forever. 

Probably, but unlike other problems they dodge, they can't corrupt their way out of the consequences that will also eventually harm them and theirs. 

Having said that, they'll do nothing of any use.

But they'll choke with us!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not terribly difficult to resolve. Though, there might require some subjective intelligence involved.....which might present problems, of course. 

STOP THE INDISCRIMINATE BURNING!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Field burning, not forest fires

No. I have been up and down the Laos border the last 3 months. Where I was it was far, far more bush burning than agro leftovers.  It's not ONE thing, its is ALL those things.  Bush, crops, garbage, if it burns they will light it!.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, marcusb said:

No. I have been up and down the Laos border the last 3 months. Where I was it was far, far more bush burning than agro leftovers.  It's not ONE thing, its is ALL those things.  Bush, crops, garbage, if it burns they will light it!.  

Utterly regressive, primordial, anti-social, self absorbed, pre-historic behavior. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The smoke doesn’t cross borders, right? If the Thai mushroomers, ag farmers and all stop burning, then blue skies will appear, right? Because the smoke stops at the borders and won’t pour in from the west and north, just the same as the weather.

• Confused 2