How mean with money

8 hours ago, biervoormij said:

I think the difference between a Free Spirit and someone Not right in the head can be very slight. I prefer to consider myself a free spirit but am sure some people have thought I was not right in the head. I lived in a SUV for a little over a year driving around visiting National Parks in the US. I really enjoyed it but know some of my family thought I was a nutter.

Living on a camper/car for a year BECAUSE you are traveling and want to see the Natl parks sounds totally normal. Not because you have a pathological fear of spending your own money because you worry it will run out. I’d rather die broke.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, biervoormij said:

The cost of the gym membership has to be more than the cost of showering at home.

Duh.

Absolutely, I am not recommending this "money saving" strategy.

But the person said join the gym to save on the water bill right?

How else is it gonna affect the water bill?

12 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Duh.

Absolutely, I am not recommending this "money saving" strategy.

But the person said join the gym to save on the water bill right?

How else is it gonna affect the water bill?

Im sure he ment it as one of the bonuses to join a gym, and also shower with other men added to the obvious joining a gym for health benefits. 

• Haha 1

Just now, ripstanley said:

I always check my bills. I have been over charged and undercharged. If over i ask and if under I tell them. The best was a lottery seller gave me 500 baht too much. I gave it back and the look on her face was amazing. 

The 500 to much was a gift from Buddha, and you gave it back giving you double luck and happiness. If Christianity it was a test, and not to mention Islam, who would cut your hands of for not giving it back if you noticed.

Just a joke, a bad joke

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Well that's the problem I'm talking about ...farangs like yourself who may not have money because you giving it away eg not frugal and telling other farangs to not worry as it's only $3 or whatever in western currebcy ,so it doesn't matter ?

Nope...it doesn't.

23 hours ago, biervoormij said:

I think the difference between a Free Spirit and someone Not right in the head can be very slight. I prefer to consider myself a free spirit but am sure some people have thought I was not right in the head. I lived in a SUV for a little over a year driving around visiting National Parks in the US. I really enjoyed it but know some of my family thought I was a nutter.

If I ever returned to the USA, that is exactly what I have in mind to do.  Wouldn't be for a year, but till my end of days.   Really can't think of a better existence if I returned.  Being nomadic works for me, always has.

And NO ... family would think that's way too cool, and not a nutter.  We're like minded in that aspect.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. I used to shower at the hospital, and I didn't even have to pay the water bill.

I used to shower at work, only because I was hungover, and or running late.  Or never made it home to begin with, the night prior.  After the first wave of flights, (1 hr) I'd shower and be fresh for the rest of the day.

Edited by KhunLA

21 hours ago, LaosLover said:

I swear I saw Sparktrader here the other day under a diff name (which I forget).

Golly, but that name brings back memories! I used to have a stalker that kept getting banned and coming back as someone else. I think he died or something as did stop eventually.

On 4/15/2023 at 1:11 PM, georgegeorgia said:

,there's the farangs who are very frugal

My first job I was only allowed a couple of inches in the bath to save power heating the water. The boss wasn't poor, but he and his wife lived through the great depression and it changed them to be very frugal.

On 4/15/2023 at 1:05 PM, LaosLover said:

I swear I saw Sparktrader here the other day under a diff name (which I forget).

You’re not wrong, he’s back under a moniker beginning with B. Already made over 500 posts since joining on March 11th.

• Like 1