Sunrise Tacos Is Expanding

I was very happy to see the sign announcing the expansion near soi 12, good to hear you’ll be keeping both storefronts in that area.

The ever expanding menu is also good, the nacho supreme is pretty good, and the double decker tacos (crispy taco wrapped with a soft tortilla and refried beans) is good news as well – looking forward to it making the standard menu.

Thanks.

With the crispy and the soft corn tortilla which is in the dough form of 100% fresh ground corn when you order, its very fresh and good . As we cook the corn tortilla when you place your order of “ double pleasure”, i with the refried beans and crispy taco. It holds together the crispy and you get all the flavors of the corn, meat and cheese with fresh veggies.

Only at the Suk 12 location now when I'm around. Soon to be at both locations.

One comment on both storefronts at Suk 12. Many of our customers love the coziness and how they meet so many new people at Sunrise Tacos. Feel we can't get away from that model but for sure, we need more seats for the groups.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on a expanded menu at the new location. what else would you like ?

I think you've got most of it covered. Taco Salad, Nachos, Burritos... quesadillas too but I always look at that and the burrito and the burrito wins out because the quesadilla looks small...

Personally I'd love to see El Pollo Loco but that's a tough ask when gai yang is so cheap everywhere...

Please don't be starting any fires. :D

But I know Greg! :o

Since you are open 24 hours try a breakfast burrito, not a true Mexican dish but great with egg, hashbrowns, sausage, maybe bacon.....great morning sandwich.........see you are adopting the double decker idea on the taco

Since you are open 24 hours try a breakfast burrito, not a true Mexican dish but great with egg, hashbrowns, sausage, maybe bacon.....great morning sandwich.........see you are adopting the double decker idea on the taco

I second the idea for a breakfast burrito.

Third this idea. Even all the 7-11s in the US have a basic breakfast burrito. No need to get fancy, just do a standard and you could sell the heck out of it.

Third this idea. Even all the 7-11s in the US have a basic breakfast burrito. No need to get fancy, just do a standard and you could sell the heck out of it.

But not only at breakfast hours... some of us eat breakfast at 3 in the afternoon... I would be interested in something like this as well, particularly if you can find good sausage.

But not only at breakfast hours... some of us eat breakfast at 3 in the afternoon... I would be interested in something like this as well, particularly if you can find good sausage.

This idea is probably ready for prime time now that McDonalds has finally introduced breakfast in Bangkok.

Sunrise - do it!

About two weeks ago, we had a order for 90 breakfast burritos for a International school at 6:45 a.m. ( For a teachers meeting) The breakfast burrito was made with scrambled eggs, potatoes, bell peppers and salsa. The tortilla itself was fried in a egg batter. It went over very well even though I could not use bacon as many were vegetarian.. I made extra fillings to try serving breakfast burritos at the store. No luck. The recipe said it was great freezing it ahead of time and then reheating it. I did and tried the next day, still no luck in anybody wanting it. Then again Thais are not great at asking the customer if they want to try or that its available. Had a chalkboard advertising it.

The third day I myself asked a regular customer if he wanted to try. Made one for myself at the same time and was very disappointed with what the taste was, nothing like when it was fresh. Didn't charge him and threw the batch away from the freezer and haven't tried it since. The problem is we don't get a lot of expats walking by the store in the morning and I need to serve this fresh with a good amount of turnover.

It would be a natural... Sunrise Tacos and a breakfast burrito or taco. A great way to start your day. So far other than the catering it has not gone over well with demand for the breakfast. This is the slow time as well from 4 am. till 11 am.

I could promote it with a poster in the window. Any other ideas?

About two weeks ago, we had a order for 90 breakfast burritos for a International school at 6:45 a.m. ( For a teachers meeting) The breakfast burrito was made with scrambled eggs, potatoes, bell peppers and salsa. The tortilla itself was fried in a egg batter. It went over very well even though I could not use bacon as many were vegetarian.. I made extra fillings to try serving breakfast burritos at the store. No luck. The recipe said it was great freezing it ahead of time and then reheating it. I did and tried the next day, still no luck in anybody wanting it. Then again Thais are not great at asking the customer if they want to try or that its available. Had a chalkboard advertising it.

The third day I myself asked a regular customer if he wanted to try. Made one for myself at the same time and was very disappointed with what the taste was, nothing like when it was fresh. Didn't charge him and threw the batch away from the freezer and haven't tried it since. The problem is we don't get a lot of expats walking by the store in the morning and I need to serve this fresh with a good amount of turnover.

It would be a natural... Sunrise Tacos and a breakfast burrito or taco. A great way to start your day. So far other than the catering it has not gone over well with demand for the breakfast. This is the slow time as well from 4 am. till 11 am.

I could promote it with a poster in the window. Any other ideas?

www.sunrisetacos.com

To put it bluntly, I don't want any veggies in my breakfast burrito :o You offer it and make it fresh on demand, since scrambled eggs only take a minute or two. Bacon and sausage of course can be kept easily. Not too keen on the potatoes though frozen hash browns (like what Burger King or McDs are serving) would be plenty fine and also only take a few minutes to fry up.

Then you don't have to worry about throwing away stuff.

went to asoke sukhumwit location. i noticed that the sour creme is watered down now (or i hadnt noticed before?) overall its still a good eat although prices are kind of high imho at 120 baht for 3 tacos.

noticed that there is another sunrise being built directly across from the current asoke location. so i guess business must be doing good although it seemed strange as id have thought theyd want to open at nana or sala daeng.

Edited by FarangNoi21

went to asoke sukhumwit location. i noticed that the sour creme is watered down now (or i hadnt noticed before?) overall its still a good eat although prices are kind of high imho at 120 baht for 3 tacos.

noticed that there is another sunrise being built directly across from the current asoke location. so i guess business must be doing good although it seemed strange as id have thought theyd want to open at nana or sala daeng.

Thanks for stopping by.

The supplier gave it to us like that and thats all we could get in the city. He blamed the factory and because of the impeding increase in higher price for sour cream. Goes up 50% on Monday so I'm sure Monday they will be giving me the thick creamy stuff again.

As for the price of the tacos, cheapest in town and most anywhere in the World. I can't imagine anyone will be lower anytime soon than 39 baht a taco in Thailand, as chicken and pork has gone up over 50% in the last 6 months. Lettuce, cilantro, and, jalapeños have all gone up as well over 100 %. Tomatoes, onions, you name it, it all costs me more.

Nana in my opinion has seen its better days. Never liked the Sala Daeng area.

On a positive note

We are very proud that Sunrise Tacos today has made the Bangkok Post themagazine tribute to Bangkok's list of 100 things they believe makes Bangkok the great place it is. Mixing age-old customs, with modern pastimes, hip hotels with ancient monuments and fine dining with street-side eateries, they've tried to get to the heart of the city. Its an ode to the city, a reminder of what a unique place Bangkok is.

Sunrise Tacos came in at #49 on the list “Asok's Sunrise Tacos is filling one of the last gaps in the capital's proverbial stomach. With its fresh design-your-own tacos and burritos, cheap margaritas and 24 hour service. “

www.sunrisetacos.com

Another run today. Same Carne Asada burrito, same huge size, same great taste :o Only this time there was lettuce... but the sour cream was definitely watered down as some other poster mentioned elsewhere.

Believe it or not, even after finishing the burrito, I was still hungry... so I decided to try the quesadilla, half with carne asada, half with the seasoned ground beef.

The seasoned ground beef half was excellent. The carne asada side, surprisingly, was soggy.

Anyhow, still a few more things to try, but now I'm happy :D BTW, they were shutting down again at about 9:15 but I managed to order my quesadilla in time. Sunrise Tacos is not the only one who shuts down early, Aloo and Crystal Jade are also guilty - but I think this is a travesty. If the Emporium is open until 10, then the Food Hall should be open until 10 - after all some people do buy takeaway... but the Food Hall shuts down at 9:30 (but usually 9:15 they stop letting people in) and so some of the restaurants try to take advantage and pack up early - not good.

Sour cream is watered down and unfortunately nothing I can do about it till the next shipment comes in Monday. Factory admitted to the distributor they did it as they couldn't pass on the 50% price increase till Monday so they did a " TIT." It is not a bad taste just not creamy like it should be.

As for the Emporium closing early. Thanks for pointing it out. Can't ride the Mgr too much as he is covering for the Swings shift Mgr whose Grandmother died so hes working this week from 7 a.m. till 10 p.m. Will do a surprise visit one of these nights soon just to keep them on their toes.

Good to hear you are now happy. Thanks for your comments, its how we get better.

www.sunrisetacos.com

Sour cream is watered down and unfortunately nothing I can do about it till the next shipment comes in Monday. Factory admitted to the distributor they did it as they couldn't pass on the 50% price increase till Monday so they did a " TIT." It is not a bad taste just not creamy like it should be.

Actually, the taste was gone... and it was so watered down that I couldn't use a fork to pick it up to put on my quesadilla. Perhaps the distributor should ask the factory for a refund for substandard goods...

As for the Emporium closing early. Thanks for pointing it out. Can't ride the Mgr too much as he is covering for the Swings shift Mgr whose Grandmother died so hes working this week from 7 a.m. till 10 p.m. Will do a surprise visit one of these nights soon just to keep them on their toes.

Fair enough, and they were friendly enough as well. But part of the problem lies with Food Hall management as well, I notice they have the comment forms out now so I will use them - but perhaps you can have a word with them about keeping the Food Hall open normal hours and employees taught to work normally - they start taking all the place settings at 9 pm as well. Very irritating.

Actually, the taste was gone... and it was so watered down that I couldn't use a fork to pick it up to put on my quesadilla. Perhaps the distributor should ask the factory for a refund for substandard goods...

Did enough moaning today that I got a special shipment in today, so were back in business with the thick and creamy.

Fair enough, and they were friendly enough as well. But part of the problem lies with Food Hall management as well, I notice they have the comment forms out now so I will use them - but perhaps you can have a word with them about keeping the Food Hall open normal hours and employees taught to work normally - they start taking all the place settings at 9 pm as well. Very irritating.

It's always been a pet peeve of mine even at our Siam Paragon Branch ( Subway) the staff breaking down early. One night, my wife and I found five of them dancing to the music in the kitchen with a hour to go before the mall closed! They had turned the kitchen into a Disco. The reason" No customers then" Heck if your steam table is broken down with no food left and chairs up on the tables, kinda hard to get customers!

One reason I love being open 24 hours at most of our places. Never have to worry about this madness.

www.sunrisetacos.com

Please bring back the fresh pico de gallo. It was delicious and in my opinion far superior to the mild salsa I was given the last few times. I guess I could make my own, but I'd really prefer to get it in the store. :o

It was the same recipe last week, just a machine ( Robot Coupe RD Ultra http://www.robotcoupeusa.com/products/prod...info.php?id=18) was dicing the tomatoes instead of my hand. They were dicing 30- 50 kilos of tomatoes by hand up to then. I bought the robot to help make the job easier but the machine simply does not dice as good as humans ( even though this machine cost 60K) so we are back to hand labor this past Friday. Should be the same now as you were used to.

By the way, it was their idea to switch back to doing it by hand because I think it must be one of the most boring jobs, dicing tomatoes all day. But Boss "its not suay and not taste as good"

www.sunrisetacos.com

Thanks for another excellent Burritto yesterday. One thing I must say is that the new forms you have people fill in are much better and much clearer than the previous ones. You know exactly where you stand with what you can have on, what would cost you extra, etc. Much improved.

Thanks for another excellent Burritto yesterday. One thing I must say is that the new forms you have people fill in are much better and much clearer than the previous ones. You know exactly where you stand with what you can have on, what would cost you extra, etc. Much improved.

Thanks. Must say the Thaivisa forum has been a great way to make us better. Its the reasons why I'm happy to give 10% of the profits of the restaurant with the Thaivisa members with a big thank you party.

Thanks again for stopping by.

www.sunrisetacos.com

9:05 pm. Already closing up shop, one staff left as I got there (two remained). Asked for a ground beef quesadilla.

When it arrived, there wasn't enough beef to fill a taco, let alone a quesadilla. Immediately returned it and they fixed it.

I'm not so sure I want to blame Sunrise's staff for packing up early, I have this distinct feeling most of the restaurants there start to close down at 9 because of peer pressure.

Someone, maybe all of us, need to take this up with Food Hall/Emporium management. They lose money as well so undoubtedly they would not be pleased to receive complaints.

9:05 pm. Already closing up shop, one staff left as I got there (two remained). Asked for a ground beef quesadilla.

When it arrived, there wasn't enough beef to fill a taco, let alone a quesadilla. Immediately returned it and they fixed it.

I'm not so sure I want to blame Sunrise's staff for packing up early, I have this distinct feeling most of the restaurants there start to close down at 9 because of peer pressure.

Someone, maybe all of us, need to take this up with Food Hall/Emporium management. They lose money as well so undoubtedly they would not be pleased to receive complaints.

Was this just recent again?

Regards

Greg

I'm happy to give 10% of the profits of the restaurant with the Thaivisa members with a big thank you party.

Oh yeah? When will that be? Look forward to it!!!

Not sure, have to talk with George. Sometime after high season I surmise.

www.sunrisetacos.com

Was this just recent again?

Regards

Greg

Date of the post - so would've been Oct. 1st.

• 2 weeks later...
I think this is well worth watching - I love the way, at the end, the margarita glass is bigger than her!

Video does the food justice also, makes me hungry just watching it... :o

Thanks. I agree.

Not sure how they make money ( didn't cost me a baht) but they sure did a super video with Sunrise Tacos.

www.sunrisetacos.com

Regular little snake in the grass arent ya?

Make me sick, these people are earning minimum wage and you come on here complaining about them to the boss. :o