Internal Wall feature Bricks

33 RPM

Down in the Hua Hin Area there is a small scale brick works place that churns out lots of pretty much hand made bricks

with the aid of a brick press

they mix the powdered clay with cement and its fed into a machine that waters it then spits out the mixture into the mold of what style they are making, boring to some im sure, but i found it rather interesting to watch, and old school..

Is there a brick maker in the Chiang Mai area that does make a hand made version bricks

i would suppose at least a few

this is an example of the brick i would like made

size approx 20 cm x 9 cm x 4 cm

FEATURE WALLS BRICK.jpg

• Like 1

Indeed they are a lovely brick with a great heritage

but the look im after is more of a rustic farmyard  feel and these ones i saw in Hua Hin with all their imperfections looked really nice

rough, textured and imperfect

just about what i want.

Your tag line says; "Internal wall feature bricks."

If you're wanting to cover a wall you need (if using a standard western sized brick) then about 48 to 50 - allow for 50 is what most brickies in Oz allow for).

If this mob make bricks all day every day, and C. Mai don't come through, why not get this mob to make you bricks to the size and colour you want and ship for you.

This way you can have some colour control, and stipulate a brick of decent thickness instead of the silly thin ones they make here - (40mm is a ridiculous thickness for a brick).

This way you get more surface area of the brick and maximise the effect of their unique features. They'd look nice with a yellow sand and white cement mortar too.

Faux cladding is gross in my opinion so plz don't be tempted to put up fake stuff. You can seal the bricks with a dry or wet look sealer which stops crumbling (bricks of this sort are prone to this especially if brushed against), dust.

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Like 2

There are brick yards along the main road going to hangdong...and along the road that goes between the hangdong road and the canal road .

Either the road to Samoeng or the night safari. 

Good luck and seal the visible surfaces before mortaring... otherwise really hard to clean and point.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 33 RPM said:

Is there a brick maker in the Chiang Mai area that does make a hand made version bricks

i would suppose at least a few

this is an example of the brick i would like made

size approx 20 cm x 9 cm x 4 cm

I know this company is Bangkok rather than CM but they have a good selection.

https://bpk.in.th/brick/

They supplied the bricks for the external walls of my house and the quality is quite good.

day74_1.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks sandyf they do have a few interesting ones in the sort of vein, im looking for.

Onestock ive already been thru

no stock, no help at all.

bwanajohn, thanks, ill drive on down there when im up there next as long as i can see the places from the road thru the crap air.

Tropposurfer, theres no way of anything " faux "

and if i cant find someone local in CM which would be surprising as its more than 10 X bigger than Hua Hin

i have entertained the thought of shipping them up there if needed, good call...

As the bricks are going over an existing wall on their face , front on ,the depth / thickness, is not so important

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 33 RPM said:

As the bricks are going over an existing wall on their face , front on ,the depth / thickness, is not so important

The BPK website is a bit of a pain being in Thai but the page headers are in English so  a question of working through the menus.

They also do tiles which if you are facing may be more appropriate.

https://bpk.in.th/brick_type/terra-cotta-wall-tile/

https://bpk.in.th/brick/t93b-terracotta-walltile-antiquetile-decortile-redtile/

Also a few other pages to pick from.